Post: TaiG releases jailbreak for iOS 8 - 8.1.2 | Updated with Mac version
11-29-2014, 09:12 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1

Step 1: Download the TaiG tool from You must login or register to view this content.. Extract its contents to the desktop

Step 2: Ensure that iTunes is installed and plug your device into your computer and make sure that iTunes recognizes it

Step 3: Restore your iPhone to iOS 8.1.1 (this tool can also jailbreak iOS 8.0, iOS 8.0.2, iOS 8.1)

Step 4: Make sure that Find My iPhone is turned off in Settings → iCloud

Step 5: Make sure that your passcode is disabled in Settings → Touch ID & Passcode

Step 6: Enable AirPlane mode via Control Center

Step 7: Right click on the TaiGJBreak_1006.exe tool and select Run as Administrator, followed by Yes

Step 8: Make sure the TaiG tool recognises your iOS device, uncheck the second box but keep Cydia checked, and then click the green jailbreak button.

Step 9: Let the jailbreak progress until the tool states that the jailbreak is complete (you’ll see a smiley face)

Step 10: Once your iPhone reboots, you should see the Cydia app on your Home screen

Congratulations! You just jailbroke iOS 8.1.1. Easy, wasn’t it?

Mac version for 8.1.2

Video tut

Text tut

Now there is a Mac software tool called PP Jailbreak for Mac that jailbreaks iOS 8.1.2 - but to use it you must be willing to navigate your way through Chinese language screens following the instructions below.

How to use PP Jailbreak for Mac to jailbreak an iOS device with a Mac

First make sure that Find My iPhone and the Passcode lock / Touch ID are disabled.

To turn off Find My iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and disable the Find My iPhone option. For Touch ID / Passcode, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, enter your Passcode and select Turn Passcode Off.

Now put the iPhone or iPad into Airplane Mode and connect it to your Mac with a USB cable.

Download the You must login or register to view this content., by clicking the green button and then double click on the ppjailbreak.dmg file.

Note: you may see an alert saying that the app cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer (see below).

To open the file, go to Settings and Security & Privacy, then click on the Open Anyway button.

Now copy the app to your Applications folder.

[img] https://www.phonecruncher.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/389172.gif[/img]

Double-click the PP越狱 app icon.

Uncheck the check box in the bottom left corner of the app window.

Now click on the center button to proceed with the jailbreak.

Finally click on the bottom right button (see below) to start the jailbreak.

Wait until the progress bar completes and the iPhone or iPad reboots. You should see the Cydia app on your home screen.

Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a jailbroken iOS device!

Thanks to Jimmy for telling me about the Mac jailbreak version.
Last edited by Alt ; 01-19-2015 at 04:20 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

ⓙω мσ∂z, FreddieMac, Glittery Penis Skittle, ImGsus, Jimmy, Joel, MODZ4FUN420, Monster-Energy, RatchetBooty, ResistThePizza, Reyz, xkoeckiiej
11-29-2014, 09:14 AM #2
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Alt View Post

TaiG released a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta devices this morning, roughly two weeks after Apple closed the latest Pangu jailbreak by releasing iOS 8.1.1. For those unfamiliar with the TaiG team, they were behind the third-party Chinese app store-evad3rs controversy last fall.

It’s surprising that the team chose to release at this time, given that the previous jailbreak has only be defunct for a few weeks, and Apple is in the middle of testing iOS 8.2. But long-time jailbreak community patriarch MuscleNerd speculates that it likely had something to do with money.

While MuscleNerd essentially confirms the jailbreak is legitimate here, he does warn that folks should wait a few days “just in case.” TaiG does not have a track record in releasing widely-available jailbreaks, so of course concerns of stability and safety are going to pop up. Proceed with caution.

Device compatibility
According to Taig’s website, the new jailbreak is compatible with iOS 8.0-iOS 8.2 beta on the following devices:

iPod touch 5G
iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Air 2

Preparing to jailbreak
You should always backup your device before attempting to jailbreak, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, and we usually recommend doing a fresh restore/install of the latest compatible firmware before proceeding, as it tends to make things run much more smoothly. Additionally, the TaiG team asks that users disable their Lock screen passcodes and the “Find My iPhone” feature, as they can potentially interfere with the app’s jailbreaking process.

Initial impressions
It looks like the TaiG jailbreak utility is Windows-only right now, and there’s no word yet on when a Mac version will be available. Also worth noting is that users are given the choice to install Cydia during the install process, along with something called “3k助手.”

The consensus seems to be that the jailbreak works great with iOS 8.1.1, but some users are running into issues with beta 2. The good news is that many users are reporting that a majority of their tweaks still work (perhaps unsurprising given that iOS 8.1.1 was a fairly minor update).

But despite the positive early signs here, we still recommend holding off on this jailbreak for now. Again, we don’t know enough about it in terms of safety and reliability, and we’re not sure it’s worth the risk of losing your current stable jailbreak. If you want to check it out, you can find TaiG You must login or register to view this content..

Taig and Pangu are competitors. Interestingly enough, minutes after Pangu released their jailbreak month ago, one of the team members tweeted something like "we beat Taig" and then deleted the tweet immediately.

Thanks for the heads up
11-29-2014, 10:33 AM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Damn you Ben I wanted to write a thread up >:< :fa:

For anyone doing it, make sure you untick the second box..

The following user thanked Pixie Lott for this useful post:

11-29-2014, 10:37 AM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Pixie
Damn you Ben I wanted to write a thread up >:< :fa:

For anyone doing it, make sure you untick the second box..

Sorry Aidan Sal

Yeah make sure you untick the second box as its a app store which no one wants :p
11-29-2014, 10:42 AM #5
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Sorry Aidan Sal

Yeah make sure you untick the second box as its a app store which no one wants :p

Now the question is, Do i spend an hour D/ling 8.1.1, Restoring then D/Ling everything and taking years syncing everythin back over :think:
11-29-2014, 10:57 AM #6
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Pixie
Now the question is, Do i spend an hour D/ling 8.1.1, Restoring then D/Ling everything and taking years syncing everythin back over :think:

Search for "pkgbackup". It saves all your tweaks, repos ect.

I wouldn't download 8.1.1 and jailbreak it because its only just come out and could be buggy as hell.
11-29-2014, 01:49 PM #7
x5150xiZombie
I defeated!

TaiG released a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta devices this morning, roughly two weeks after Apple closed the latest Pangu jailbreak by releasing iOS 8.1.1. For those unfamiliar with the TaiG team, they were behind the third-party Chinese app store-evad3rs controversy last fall.

It’s surprising that the team chose to release at this time, given that the previous jailbreak has only be defunct for a few weeks, and Apple is in the middle of testing iOS 8.2. But long-time jailbreak community patriarch MuscleNerd speculates that it likely had something to do with money.

While MuscleNerd essentially confirms the jailbreak is legitimate here, he does warn that folks should wait a few days “just in case.” TaiG does not have a track record in releasing widely-available jailbreaks, so of course concerns of stability and safety are going to pop up. Proceed with caution.

Device compatibility
According to Taig’s website, the new jailbreak is compatible with iOS 8.0-iOS 8.2 beta on the following devices:

iPod touch 5G
iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Air 2

Preparing to jailbreak
You should always backup your device before attempting to jailbreak, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, and we usually recommend doing a fresh restore/install of the latest compatible firmware before proceeding, as it tends to make things run much more smoothly. Additionally, the TaiG team asks that users disable their Lock screen passcodes and the “Find My iPhone” feature, as they can potentially interfere with the app’s jailbreaking process.

Initial impressions
It looks like the TaiG jailbreak utility is Windows-only right now, and there’s no word yet on when a Mac version will be available. Also worth noting is that users are given the choice to install Cydia during the install process, along with something called “3k助手.”

The consensus seems to be that the jailbreak works great with iOS 8.1.1, but some users are running into issues with beta 2. The good news is that many users are reporting that a majority of their tweaks still work (perhaps unsurprising given that iOS 8.1.1 was a fairly minor update).

But despite the positive early signs here, we still recommend holding off on this jailbreak for now. Again, we don’t know enough about it in terms of safety and reliability, and we’re not sure it’s worth the risk of losing your current stable jailbreak. If you want to check it out, you can find TaiG You must login or register to view this content..

Taig and Pangu are competitors. Interestingly enough, minutes after Pangu released their jailbreak month ago, one of the team members tweeted something like "we beat Taig" and then deleted the tweet immediately.

should have just waited for ios 8.2 offical release
11-29-2014, 02:24 PM #8
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by zombieman12
should have just waited for ios 8.2 offical release

They're in competition with PanGu. Big money is at steak so that's why its released now.
11-29-2014, 02:25 PM #9
x5150xiZombie
I defeated!
They're in competition with PanGu. Big money is at steak so that's why its released now.

damn its all about money now a days lol
11-29-2014, 06:02 PM #10
SC58
Former Staff

I heard they made a shit load off jb whoever releases them like 100,000$ and more i don't know about everyone but i have heard in past some them dev have.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo