Post: [Release] Pangu8 Jailbreak for iOS 8-8.1 [Updated with English version and Cydia]
10-22-2014, 11:54 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

iOS 8 - 8.1 Jailbreak with Cydia.

You must login or register to view this content.

Please backup your data incase anything goes wrong and it can do!
Also, most tweaks/apps/ ect aren't updated to iOS 8 (as of 31/10/2014)

Downloads

Supported devices

Windows - version 2.1.2 25PP - You must login or register to view this content.
Windows - version 2.1.2 MEGA - You must login or register to view this content.
Mac - version 1.0.0 25PP You must login or register to view this content.
Mac - version 1.0.0 MEGA You must login or register to view this content.

Change Log (Mac)

1.0.0(2014.11.09)

1. First Mac version of Pangu8.

Change log (Windows)

1.2.1(2014.11.06)

1. Integrate with Cydia 1.1.16 (Cydia fixed boot issue when using "Restore from Backup" feature)

1.2.0(2014.11.04)

1. Fix the issue that launchd may drain cpu on 32bit devices.

2. Fix Safari reloading bug and occasionally crash problem.

3. Optimize jailbreak process.

4. Restore function now support iPad Air2/iPad Mini3.

1.1.0(2014.10.31)

1. Bundle latest Cydia for iOS8.

2. Optimize jailbreak process.

3. Fix an issue that may cause MobileSafari to crash on 64bit devices.

4. Fix an issue that causes iMessage/SMS to fail to send images.

5. Respring is not required anymore to make Substrate working.

6. Pangu APP now with some useful functions.

7. Add English support

1.0.1(2014.10.22)

1. Fix an issue may cause lost of photos.

1.0.0(2014.10.22)

1. First version of Pangu8 which supports all devices with iOS 8/8.1.

iOS 8.1.1 will REMOVE your jailbreak. If you would like to keep it, DO NOT UPDATE!

Source - You must login or register to view this content.

Last edited by Alt ; 11-12-2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Updated whole thread with new English jailbreak.

The following 28 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

A1, Budz, Cyb3r, DJ_KILLA1337, DJR_Supreme, EHRAB BIN LADEN, ErasedDev, Geo, Heaney, iHaxel, iTruceFret, Joel, Deleted-User0000000012210, Lucy Pinder, Nana, Pewp, Pixie Lott, primetime43, RatchetBooty, ResistTheSun, SC58, seb5594, Taylor, Tustin, witchery, WOLF, xkoeckiiej
10-22-2014, 12:16 PM #2
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
Originally posted by Alt
Found this on Reddit.

Jay Freeman AKA Saurik said;

"So, windknown has contacted me, about a half hour ago, via e-mail. He has told me one of the issues that is keeping Substrate from working on the device, which will probably require me to build a little binary patch for dyld as part of the Substrate installation sequence. This was the worst possible day for me, as I'm traveling back to Santa Barbara today (I'm currently in Texas, having come here to give a talk at The Big Android BBQ), which means this will take me a little longer than I'd like, but clearly getting Cydia and Substrate working on iOS 8 is my highest priority. I thankfully think that I actually can start working a little on one of the Substrate issues using an iOS 7 "model" based on the information provided by windknown, which means I'll lose less time to not having all of my devices with me. (I currently have no clue why Cydia itself is not functioning, but will find out later today when I can see it myself.)"

Does this mean a jailbreak with Cydia is around the corner for iOS 8?

This is sweet! I really want to get a iPhone 6 Plus, Also known as an bendPhone 6 Plus tears. Regardless, I am careful and not careless with technology so I don't think I would somehow manage to bend it. In my opinion, the bending cases are only from people putting them in their back pocket and being careless with their devices. If they somehow manage to crack a screen, then they will probably bend it as well. I have not had a case on my iPhone 4S for 2 years and no cracks.

The following user thanked Taylor for this useful post:

ShutTheCrunchUp
10-22-2014, 12:18 PM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Got my hopes up then >:< no cydia is shite
10-22-2014, 12:20 PM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Taylor View Post
This is sweet! I really want to get a iPhone 6 Plus, Also known as an bendPhone 6 Plus tears. Regardless, I am careful and not careless with technology so I don't think I would somehow manage to bend it. In my opinion, the bending cases are only from people putting them in their back pocket and being careless with their devices. If they somehow manage to crack a screen, then they will probably bend it as well. I have not had a case on my iPhone 4S for 2 years and no cracks.

This is amazing news! Seeing as I only posted a thread yesterday saying should I upgrade to iOS 8 or not.

Ahh the BendPhone 6 Plus tears. Went to saw one of those the other day at Apple, its pretty big!

I have the iPhone 5 right now and I love it without a case. Feels better in your hands, just need to be careful and you'll be fine without a case.
10-22-2014, 12:22 PM #5
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
Originally posted by Alt
This is amazing news! Seeing as I only posted a thread yesterday saying should I upgrade to iOS 8 or not.

Ahh the BendPhone 6 Plus tears. Went to saw one of those the other day at Apple, its pretty big!

I have the iPhone 5 right now and I love it without a case. Feels better in your hands, just need to be careful and you'll be fine without a case.

Cases were made for the stupid. tears Also, I am buying one next paycheck if I can. :p

The following user thanked Taylor for this useful post:

ShutTheCrunchUp
10-22-2014, 12:35 PM #6
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Cases were made for the stupid. tears Also, I am buying one next paycheck if I can. :p

Gunna install it on my 5S now =D
10-22-2014, 01:27 PM #7
Lucy Pinder
At least I can fight
got it up and running successfully on my iphone 6 plus Smile
10-22-2014, 01:36 PM #8
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Note: This version does NOT include Cydia install.

[img]https://puu.sh/clYTG/39f85cda8c.png [/img]

Jay Freeman AKA Saurik said;

"So, windknown has contacted me, about a half hour ago, via e-mail. He has told me one of the issues that is keeping Substrate from working on the device, which will probably require me to build a little binary patch for dyld as part of the Substrate installation sequence. This was the worst possible day for me, as I'm traveling back to Santa Barbara today (I'm currently in Texas, having come here to give a talk at The Big Android BBQ), which means this will take me a little longer than I'd like, but clearly getting Cydia and Substrate working on iOS 8 is my highest priority. I thankfully think that I actually can start working a little on one of the Substrate issues using an iOS 7 "model" based on the information provided by windknown, which means I'll lose less time to not having all of my devices with me. (I currently have no clue why Cydia itself is not functioning, but will find out later today when I can see it myself.)"

Please note that it does not install Cydia by default. Pangu team has provided the following reasons for not including Cydia (please note the details are machine translated so some of the content may sound weird):

Special Note

1 Why no Cydia?

Because of the many changes iOS8 system, Cydia and many plug-dependent Substrate framework can not be used in iOS8. So we provide developers need some basic plug-in such as environment and SSH version 1.0 jailbreak, the convenience Cydia authors and other developers as soon as possible for iOS8 modify their code. After the completion of compatible Cydia, we will release updates to integrate Cydia. So, Pangu jailbreak ( iOS8 ) version 1.0 is ready for strict jailbreak developer version.

2 Should I Jailbreak now?

Due to the existence of life-cycle escape, no way of knowing when Apple will block loopholes. So you can first escape, and so after the completion of compatible Cydia, you can download and install Cydia via Pangu APP phone, or via SSH and other channels can also be installed. In addition, PP assistant jailbreak version is also perfectly compatible with iOS8 system to facilitate user to download and install software.

So they’re saying that this is a jailbreak strictly for developers so they can update Cydia and jailbreak apps and tweaks for iOS 8.

Downloads

Supported devices

You must disable passcode and turn off "Find my iPhone" before using Pangu for iOS 8.

Windows - version 1.0.1 - You must login or register to view this content.

So does this mean Cydia should be available for iOS 8-8.1 within the next few days?

I myself wont jailbreak right now because it doesn't have the Mac version yet and there is no Cydia. When Saurik has done his magic for Cydia to work with iOS 8, that's when I will jailbreak.

Source - You must login or register to view this content.

Do you know of any ETA on a mac version? :p
10-22-2014, 01:38 PM #9
Alt
Banned
Do you know of any ETA on a mac version? :p

From Panguteam Twitter account:-

If that's the case when Cydia lands for iOS 8 I'll jailbreak my iPhone on my Windows PC.
10-22-2014, 01:39 PM #10
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
Originally posted by Alt View Post
From Panguteam Twitter account:-

If that's the case when Cydia lands for iOS 8 I'll jailbreak my iPhone on my Windows PC.

Yeah, aha. I can just dual boot eventually.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo