Post: How to install Cydia on iOS 8.. EDIT Can now install Via the Pangu App
10-22-2014, 08:18 PM #1
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
EDIT - You can now install Cydia Via the Pangu app that installs when you jailbreak..Just open the app and download Cydia

1. Download the Cydia deb file You must login or register to view this content.

2, Download cydia-lproj file From here You must login or register to view this content.

3 - Now you need an SSH Program - For Mac Google CyberDuck ... For Windows Get Winscp

4 - Once you have your SSH program Installed Next you want to get your iDevices IP Address - Settings - WiFi - then click the BLUE ! on your WiFi Name and you should see the IP

6 - Now Open your SSH Program and in the Address put your iDevices IP.. In User put "root" and for Password put "alpine" ( Both without the " " )

7 - Now once you are SSH into your Device go to Private - Var - Root - Media.. In the Media section make a new folder called "Cydia" then in the Cydia folder make anohter folder called "AutoInstall"

8 - In the "AutoInstall" folder drag and drop both of them files you D/Led

9 - Now Once you have dragged and dropped them 2 files you need to open the command section On WinSCP its the little black box You must login or register to view this content.

10 - In the command box paste "dpkg -i cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb" then press Execute then paste this "dpkg -i cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb" and press execute again ( if you get any error in the box its ok i did and cydia is working fine..

11 - Once you have done both of them commands just close out of everything then reboot your iDevice and you should see Cydia

Note - Not alot of stuff will work as it will need to be updated for iOS 8

My iPhone running Cydia on 8.1 You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Pixie Lott ; 10-30-2014 at 07:25 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to Pixie Lott for this useful post:

{JC}Modz, Cien, Glittery Penis Skittle, Joel, Lucy Pinder, Xcutioner, xkoeckiiej
10-22-2014, 08:40 PM #2
Alt
Banned
Hopefully Cydia will be included with the jailbreak software ASAP which is good news for people who have never SSH'd anything before.
10-22-2014, 09:21 PM #3
x5150xiZombie
I defeated!
Originally posted by Pixie

2, Download cydia-lproj file From here You must login or register to view this content.

3 - Now you need an SSH Program - For Mac Google CyberDuck ... For Windows Get Winscp

4 - Once you have your SSH program Installed Next you want to get your iDevices IP Address - Settings - WiFi - then click the BLUE ! on your WiFi Name and you should see the IP

6 - Now Open your SSH Program and in the Address put your iDevices IP.. In User put "root" and for Password put "alpine" ( Both without the " " )

7 - Now once you are SSH into your Device go to Private - Var - Root - Media.. In the Media section make a new folder called "Cydia" then in the Cydia folder make anohter folder called "AutoInstall"

9 - Now Once you have dragged and dropped them 2 files you need to open the command section On WinSCP its the little black box You must login or register to view this content.

10 - In the command box paste "dpkg -i cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb" then press Execute then paste this "dpkg -i cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb" and press execute again ( if you get any error in the box its ok i did and cydia is working fine..

11 - Once you have done both of them commands just close out of everything then reboot your iDevice and you should see Cydia

if you found this why the fuck cant pangu lmfao
10-22-2014, 10:14 PM #4
Originally posted by zombieman12
if you found this why the fuck cant pangu lmfao

They probably know, but (forgive me if I'm wrong) the tweaks won't be compatible and the cydia substrate either.
10-23-2014, 03:59 PM #5
I've tested cydia, it works fine, but just an advise: don't force reboot your iDevice after installing things that apply to system, a good idea would be to avoid installing those cuz I had to restore my iPhone via pangu ipsw installer, cuz iTunes couldn't.
Anyways, I've just been here to warn Smile
10-23-2014, 04:34 PM #6
Jelly
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by Pixie

i did everything got error in command but went on reboooted i6+ and cydia is not there but both .deb files are gone from directory ?
10-23-2014, 04:36 PM #7
Jelly
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by kingqasimno1 View Post
i did everything got error in command but went on reboooted i6+ and cydia is not there but both .deb files are gone from directory ?

rebooted 2nd and it worked THANKS
10-24-2014, 01:27 AM #8
Worked great for me, after a couple of attempts I just switched to Mac.
10-24-2014, 12:34 PM #9
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Hopefully Cydia will be included with the jailbreak software ASAP which is good news for people who have never SSH'd anything before.

You must login or register to view this content.
Highlighted text, I'm pretty sure they will.
10-24-2014, 12:41 PM #10
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by IDontLeech View Post
You must login or register to view this content.
Highlighted text, I'm pretty sure they will.

I know they will.. its a matter of time.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo