11-20-2014, 05:02 AM #1
Azus
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In light of Apple's iOS 8.1.1 being released to the public it's sad to say that the Pangu8 Jailbreak utility can no longer be utilized unless you are still on iOS 8-8.1! The release of Apple's iOS 8.1.1 patches the iAdm1n exploit utilized by the Pangu Team basically rendering the Pangu8 jailbreak utility useless past iOS 8.1 for millions of people, although Apple claims that iOS 8.1.1 is a minor update that fixes bugs but the firmware really has a sinister plot, patching the iAdm1n exploit utilized by the Pangu Team's Pangu8 jailbreak utility but to make matters more interesting Apple started seeding iOS 8.2 beta 1 to registered iOS Developers on Monday which is rumoured to patch more of the exploits utilized by the Pangu team. Being to minor of an update to warrant additional exploits, which would essentially burn through valuable vulnerabilities that could otherwise be significantly more effective on a major iOS 8.x release like the forthcoming iOS 8.2 update there will more than likely not be a utility released to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 but 8.2 but just because it's a harmful update that should be avoided at all cost by jailbroken iOS users doesn't mean it isn't worth testing from a developers standpoint!

iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak solution? iH8sn0w developing a new jailbreak!

As previously stated, iOS 8.1.1's main intention is to improve speed and overall performance of the two oldest devices still supported by iOS 8, the iPhone 4s and the iPad 2. Interestingly enough the aforementioned iDevices, in addition to the iPad 3 have been successfully jailbroken UnTethered by famed iOS hacker iH8sn0w, the creator of the previously popular Sn0wbreeze jailbreak utility that allowed the creation of custom IPSWs and tools such as iFaith and iREB. Releasing a video earlier this week demonstrating his work, iH8sn0w has apparently “been working on this since last Friday with XanderKitteh (really awesome dude)”. Furthermore, iH8sn0w detailed that their latest tool employs the use of “new research” performed by both hackers, which isn’t bootrom related, unfortunately. For those of you wondering why the previous fact is unfortunate to be most simply explained, a bootrom exploit would allow for the creation of new Tethered jailbreak utilities regardless of the firmware because bootrom exploits are hardware based meaning that Apple would have to release all new hardware to patch said exploits.

iH8sn0w's partial iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak with an interesting twist!

Sorry to say, but there is even more disappointing news when it comes to iH8sn0w's iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak; at the moment, the jailbreak is limited to 30-pin devices (those that do not support the lightning cable) which acording to iH8sn0w is due to an issue with "no serial over lightning".

Finally, iH8sn0w explicitly states that he doesn’t have plans to release a utility to jailbreak 8.1.1 on any device. However, in light of iOS 8.2 beta 1’s release, the hacker mentioned that he’ll “look into it” after he catches up on school-related tasks.

iOS 8.1 still being signed by Apple, downgrade while you can![/U][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Looking on the bright side of things, Apple is still signing iOS 8.1 restores for all iOS 8 compatible devices, meaning that if you accidentally updated to iOS 8.1.1 or you bought a new iDevice that came preloaded with iOS 8.1.1 you can still downgrade your device and jailbreak! Do so while you can thought because it is only a matter of time before Apple stops signing iOS 8.1 restores!
Last edited by Azus ; 11-22-2014 at 05:37 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Azus for this useful post:

GFM, HaX-Stylin, Sal
11-20-2014, 10:38 PM #2
Last edited by Mozzy ; 09-12-2019 at 10:10 PM.

The following user thanked Mozzy for this useful post:

Azus
11-20-2014, 11:35 PM #3
Azus
Little One
Originally posted by Mozzy View Post
you can still downgrade from 8.1.1

Did I say that you couldn't? No, I did not but I am well aware. I will actually add that to the thread :p tanks for the idea!
Last edited by Azus ; 11-20-2014 at 11:43 PM.
11-21-2014, 06:25 PM #4
Alt
Banned
PanGu will come out with a new one, I would put money on it. Winky Winky

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

Azus
11-21-2014, 11:16 PM #5
Azus
Little One
Originally posted by Alt View Post
PanGu will come out with a new one, I would put money on it. Winky Winky

I'm willing to put money on it as well, I however don't believe that they will release a utility for iOS 8.1.x and that they will wait for iOS 8.2GM to be released because it would 1) Save valuable exploits and 2) It would save them a lot of time & effort.

The following user thanked Azus for this useful post:

Alt

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo