Post: NEWS: Free developer accounts certificates now last 7 days rather than 90
05-12-2016, 09:10 AM #1
Sloth
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So it looks like Apple have decided to stem the sideloading issue by only allowing free dev accounts to generate certificates that last 7 days, fortunately all apps signed prior to this will still have the 90 day expiry.

What does this mean? Basically you will now have to generate a new certificate every 7 days and sign your apps and reinstall them again if you want to keep using them.

(Side note: I think you can only sign 10 times a week now with free dev accounts as well)

The only work around is using a paid dev accounts certificate.

I have used my own dev accounts certificate to sign an app I am in the process of developing and I have managed to export the IPA and install it via itunes.
So I may offer a service to sign apps for people but I am not sure yet Them feels

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Sloth ; 05-12-2016 at 09:38 AM.
05-12-2016, 09:12 AM #2
AFG
The One and Only
Originally posted by Kas
So it looks like Apple have decided to stem the sideloading issue by only allowing free dev accounts to generate certificates that last 7 days, fortunately all apps signed prior to this will still have the 90 day expiry.

What does this mean? Basically you will now have to generate a new certificate every 7 days and sign your apps and reinstall them again if you want to keep using them.

There is no work around unless you can get your hands on a paid developer accounts certificate :( (although I am not sure this would work I am willing to test it with ONE person since I have a paid dev account)

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Sal
05-12-2016, 06:01 PM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Meh i dont care, sideloading takes 30secs to do

The following user thanked Pixie Lott for this useful post:

Sloth

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo