08-27-2016, 06:32 PM #1
MODZ4FUN420
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Would others on here want to contribute to it?? Would you like to add your tweaks and see it on cydia? Thinking about making a source so Ngu has its spot in cydia. If your interested let me know. Tell me your thoughts. Would it be worth my time to work on this or not.

The following user thanked MODZ4FUN420 for this useful post:

{JC}Modz
08-27-2016, 07:06 PM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
make an app similar to NGU with improvements.
08-27-2016, 07:10 PM #3
MODZ4FUN420
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Joel View Post
make an app similar to NGU with improvements.

The app does need updated. But I was thinking more or less a place for nextgenupdate to upload tweaks and themes and other iOS hacks like bigboss. But I do plan on other app developments in the near future.
08-27-2016, 09:54 PM #4
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by MODZ4FUN420 View Post
Would others on here want to contribute to it?? Would you like to add your tweaks and see it on cydia? Thinking about making a source so Ngu has its spot in cydia. If your interested let me know. Tell me your thoughts. Would it be worth my time to work on this or not.

I don't see a need for ngu repo.
08-28-2016, 12:23 AM #5
MODZ4FUN420
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by avatar1o1234 View Post
I don't see a need for ngu repo.

So we can have are own source and make are own custom tweaks, cheats, themes, etc.
08-28-2016, 02:40 AM #6
Samurai Poster
So we can have are own source and make are own custom tweaks, cheats, themes, etc.

Lol you're like kid in a candy store. Lol would it be a "official repo" or one of those like myrepospace repo's.
08-28-2016, 04:19 AM #7
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]

I can't name a single person on here who's ever released a tweak. It's pointless - the default repos are the way to go. Plus there's the whole piracy issue if people start adding cracked tweaks/themes.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea; I'm saying that if it were to happen, it'd have to be executed properly, not be another myrepospace piece of shit and not rip off others. There also needs to be a larger need for a custom repo, which I don't believe NGU has (yet).

FYI - if you're looking for somewhere to post stuff to a repo without using myrepospace, use github. Cydia will recognise it as a repository once the correct files are in place.

The following user thanked JB for this useful post:

MODZ4FUN420
08-28-2016, 07:45 AM #8
MODZ4FUN420
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by avatar1o1234 View Post
Lol you're like kid in a candy store. Lol would it be a "official repo" or one of those like myrepospace repo's.

I would want to make a official repo and maybe get a few others to help. That way it would be smooth. Like some to check them before put in the repo.
08-28-2016, 07:51 AM #9
MODZ4FUN420
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by JB View Post
I can't name a single person on here who's ever released a tweak. It's pointless - the default repos are the way to go. Plus there's the whole piracy issue if people start adding cracked tweaks/themes.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea; I'm saying that if it were to happen, it'd have to be executed properly, not be another myrepospace piece of shit and not rip off others. There also needs to be a larger need for a custom repo, which I don't believe NGU has (yet).

FYI - if you're looking for somewhere to post stuff to a repo without using myrepospace, use github. Cydia will recognise it as a repository once the correct files are in place.

If I do this I would want people that are as knowledgeable about this as you are to help put this together and also help make sure there isn't a bunch of trash in it. I would want to make it official. Just seeing right now who likes the ideal and if I do this who would want there part in on it. It would be a few weeks before making it on cydia because I would want to get a few packages build for it before hand and also put a few tutorials up to see what comes from it first. Thanks for your input.
08-28-2016, 04:08 PM #10
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
If I do this I would want people that are as knowledgeable about this as you are to help put this together and also help make sure there isn't a bunch of trash in it. I would want to make it official. Just seeing right now who likes the ideal and if I do this who would want there part in on it. It would be a few weeks before making it on cydia because I would want to get a few packages build for it before hand and also put a few tutorials up to see what comes from it first. Thanks for your input.

As a collaborative effort, Github would be the best way to host a repo but I'm still not sure how used the repo would be in general. And it wouldn't be "official" unless actively endorsed by NGU, which I have my doubts about for obvious reasons.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo