Thread: The Homestead & Leveling up your Artisans

Liam Nigel Farage 2015

Join Date Jul 2010

Posts 3,907

Membership Former Staff

11-02-2012 04:19 PM #1 The Homestead & Leveling up your Artisans

As you progress through Assassin’s Creed 3, you’ll be able to gain levels for the collected craftsman in your Homestead, helping you make new crafted items and upgrades. But, to do so you’ll need to find almost every optional side-quest for these characters, often scattered around the world map in each sequence. It isn’t easy leveling all your workers, but the pay-off is worth it if you’re looking to reach those top-tier crafting upgrades. Below, we’ll tell you just what order you’ll need to level-up your artisans.

How to Level-Up Artisans

To level up artisans, you must complete their respective side-quests and events, which pop-up during each Sequence, starting with Sequence 05.
    Below, we’ll list in what order you’ll need to visit and complete each side-quest to gain artisan levels.

Don’t forget, you’ll need to recruit every worker and artisan before they can begin gaining levels.
    Side-quest Order

Note: While not all side-quests and events have prerequisites, many do. Follow this order to gain every level, but you’ll need to find every event. If any levels are missed, you risk being unable to continue with one or more workers and artisans.

Sequence 05

Note: After finishing the Lumberer’s Event, return to Achilles.

Lumberers (Lvl.1) [Summer Only]
    Woodworker (Lvl.1)
    Farmers (Lvl.1) [Frontier]
    Lumberers (Lvl.2)

Sequence 06

Note: Talk to Achilles to begin the side-quest “Encyclopedia of the Common Man” but don’t worry about finishing until you’ve recruited every worker and artisan.

Lumberers (Lvl.3)
    Farmers (Lvl.2) [Summer Only]
    Huntress (Lvl.1)
    Miner (Lvl.1) [Boston]
    Huntress (Lvl.2)

Sequence 07

Note: After staying with the Innkeepers, you can begin Achilles’ side-quest here. You’ll also need to have started his Sequence 06 side-quest, but not completed.

Innkeepers (Lvl.1)
    Miner (Lvl.2) [After Achilles' Side-Quest]
    Lumberers (Lvl.4)
    Farmers (Lvl.3)
    Miner (Lvl.3)
    Farmers (Lvl.4)

Sequence 08

Miner (Lvl.4)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.1) [Frontier / Summer Only]

Sequence 09

Note: Achilles’ side-quest can be found in New York after completing these events.

Tailor (Lvl.1) [New York]
    Priest (Lvl.1)
    Doctor (Lvl.1)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.2) [New York]
    Huntress (Lvl.3)
    Woodworker (Lvl.2) [Boston]
    Tailor (Lvl.2)
    Tailor (Lvl.3)
    Priest (Lvl.2)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.3) [Boston / Summer Only]

Sequence 10

Doctor (Lvl.2)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.4)
    Woodworker (Lvl.3) [Boston]

Sequence 11

Doctor (Lvl.3)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I felt the need to share this guide since I struggled finding the homestead missions only to realise I had went to far in the sequence to get them back. Make sure you do them before advancing.
    Last edited by Liam; 11-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Astro Zombie professional lurker

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 1,108

Membership Donator

11-04-2012 05:28 AM #2

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post

As you progress through Assassin’s Creed 3, you’ll be able to gain levels for the collected craftsman in your Homestead, helping you make new crafted items and upgrades. But, to do so you’ll need to find almost every optional side-quest for these characters, often scattered around the world map in each sequence. It isn’t easy leveling all your workers, but the pay-off is worth it if you’re looking to reach those top-tier crafting upgrades. Below, we’ll tell you just what order you’ll need to level-up your artisans.

How to Level-Up Artisans

To level up artisans, you must complete their respective side-quests and events, which pop-up during each Sequence, starting with Sequence 05.
    Below, we’ll list in what order you’ll need to visit and complete each side-quest to gain artisan levels.

Don’t forget, you’ll need to recruit every worker and artisan before they can begin gaining levels.
    Side-quest Order

Note: While not all side-quests and events have prerequisites, many do. Follow this order to gain every level, but you’ll need to find every event. If any levels are missed, you risk being unable to continue with one or more workers and artisans.

Sequence 05

Note: After finishing the Lumberer’s Event, return to Achilles.

Lumberers (Lvl.1) [Summer Only]
    Woodworker (Lvl.1)
    Farmers (Lvl.1) [Frontier]
    Lumberers (Lvl.2)

Sequence 06

Note: Talk to Achilles to begin the side-quest “Encyclopedia of the Common Man” but don’t worry about finishing until you’ve recruited every worker and artisan.

Lumberers (Lvl.3)
    Farmers (Lvl.2) [Summer Only]
    Huntress (Lvl.1)
    Miner (Lvl.1) [Boston]
    Huntress (Lvl.2)

Sequence 07

Note: After staying with the Innkeepers, you can begin Achilles’ side-quest here. You’ll also need to have started his Sequence 06 side-quest, but not completed.

Innkeepers (Lvl.1)
    Miner (Lvl.2) [After Achilles' Side-Quest]
    Lumberers (Lvl.4)
    Farmers (Lvl.3)
    Miner (Lvl.3)
    Farmers (Lvl.4)

Sequence 08

Miner (Lvl.4)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.1) [Frontier / Summer Only]

Sequence 09

Note: Achilles’ side-quest can be found in New York after completing these events.

Tailor (Lvl.1) [New York]
    Priest (Lvl.1)
    Doctor (Lvl.1)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.2) [New York]
    Huntress (Lvl.3)
    Woodworker (Lvl.2) [Boston]
    Tailor (Lvl.2)
    Tailor (Lvl.3)
    Priest (Lvl.2)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.3) [Boston / Summer Only]

Sequence 10

Doctor (Lvl.2)
    Blacksmith (Lvl.4)
    Woodworker (Lvl.3) [Boston]

Sequence 11

Doctor (Lvl.3)

I felt the need to share this guide since I struggled finding the homestead missions only to realise I had went to far in the sequence to get them back. Make sure you do them before advancing.
    i'm not sure if i'm understanding you correctly but you can wait till the end of the game to do all the homestead missions. that is what i did and now the only problem i have is that dam encyclopedia glitch where it wont log my farmers into the log book.

Liam Nigel Farage 2015

Join Date Jul 2010

Posts 3,907

Membership Former Staff

11-04-2012 09:46 AM #3

Quote Originally Posted by Astro Zombie View Post
    i'm not sure if i'm understanding you correctly but you can wait till the end of the game to do all the homestead missions. that is what i did and now the only problem i have is that dam encyclopedia glitch where it wont log my farmers into the log book.
    Are you sure about that? I got upto sequence 8 and couldn't do any homestead missions (I had only done 2 or 3 up until that point) so I decided to restart. Maybe it was a glitch, AC3 has been full of them.

Astro Zombie professional lurker

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 1,108

Membership Donator

11-04-2012 01:00 PM #4

Are you sure about that? I got upto sequence 8 and couldn't do any homestead missions (I had only done 2 or 3 up until that point) so I decided to restart. Maybe it was a glitch, AC3 has been full of them.
    sometimes it helps to let a little ingame time pass between homestead missions. but close to the end of them after i'd finish one 3 would pop in its place. and also you gotta listen to those interactive convos. that helps them pop up too.

5. Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 222

Membership Donator

11-05-2012 11:36 PM #5

I did the same as astro zombie did the story line with a few homestead missions here and there then did the rest at the end after the epilogue and pivot mission thingy and it worked fine for me just finishing up collecting all feathers and pegleg trinkets and im done

x-MuNkY-x NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date Jun 2010

Posts 214

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

11-09-2012 04:46 PM #6

[COLOR="#FF0000"]I felt the need to share this guide since I struggled finding the homestead missions only to realise I had went to far in the sequence to get them back. Make sure you do them before advancing.
    i did the same thing,went right thru the sequence main missions and now that its beat im goin back and doing all homestead and liberation missions and unlocking all the artisans and assassins. i think those are more fun,making shit,crafting shit,bootlegging liquer,killing randoms...good times.

DEAMON HmHmHmHm Woooooe

Join Date Jan 2010

Posts 104

Membership Donator

11-12-2012 06:51 PM #7

This guide helped me alot!