08-06-2017, 08:49 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, I was thinking... There are already sooo many maps made for zombieland that I was thinking would be awesome to be used in regular games with some tweaks to the maps of course... Obviously doors would be bad unless there were two different types of doors that could be used[One that would work for each team]... I know very little about gsc coding personally... Just enough to make/change map edits and change other small stuff... But I was hoping I could find someone that would provide the community with a base that could be used to literally only make maps on. Hopefully compatible with all the current forgefunctions and able to spawn w.e models and use w.e models for things like elevators and hopefully able to work on any game mode to be able to spice up any lobby. If someone was willing to make a base like that for the community i'm sure mapmakers would make some maps for it, myself included. It would honestly be kind of like halo custom edition from the pc where people would be playing the regular gamemode on some awesome custom maps. For example... Just think of how amazing the Deruta Zombieland Map of Cargo could be on a regular Search And Destroy lobby.

Anyways, anyone who reads this thank you... If anyone knows a way to make this possible that would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks again!
08-07-2017, 04:25 AM #2
EternalHabit
Former Staff
Originally posted by gamingzed View Post
So, I was thinking... There are already sooo many maps made for zombieland that I was thinking would be awesome to be used in regular games with some tweaks to the maps of course... Obviously doors would be bad unless there were two different types of doors that could be used[One that would work for each team]... I know very little about gsc coding personally... Just enough to make/change map edits and change other small stuff... But I was hoping I could find someone that would provide the community with a base that could be used to literally only make maps on. Hopefully compatible with all the current forgefunctions and able to spawn w.e models and use w.e models for things like elevators and hopefully able to work on any game mode to be able to spice up any lobby. If someone was willing to make a base like that for the community i'm sure mapmakers would make some maps for it, myself included. It would honestly be kind of like halo custom edition from the pc where people would be playing the regular gamemode on some awesome custom maps. For example... Just think of how amazing the Deruta Zombieland Map of Cargo could be on a regular Search And Destroy lobby.

Anyways, anyone who reads this thank you... If anyone knows a way to make this possible that would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks again!

maybe something like this You must login or register to view this content.
08-12-2017, 07:33 PM #3
Originally posted by EternalHabit View Post
maybe something like this You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks so much for the link! Ive been messing around with it in my limited free time. I've managed to add in all the zombieland forge functions required to add most maps from any zombieland[Besides Doors/turrents]{Once i figure out how to have doors that work for everyone that move really slow/Doors that work for specific teams besides my own/and turrents that work for specific teams besides my own ill put those in the maps}.. Thx to all the people whom made those functions!... Ive added the buttons into the menu to be able to spawn in the custom DLC maps.. Ive also ported over all my favorite zombieland maps for every map in the game besides turbine and meltdown....[Some of which i combined multiple zombieland maps together] I also added some of the stuff from the hunger games maps to combine with it... And will be adding in a lot of extra stuff for each map that ive brought over. Still in an internal debate on whether to add the hud for it or let people learn the maps the ol' fashioned way. People seem the get much more excited during a regular game mode with custom maps than I expected... I am loving it, I like making people happy with fun, fair, modded gameplay. I really want to add in a function to make it where I can add.. say.. 10 pack o punches per map but have it only spawn in one of those ten locations[All of which would be well hidden] So that way it would still be fair to have a pack o punch on multiplayer since no one would know where it was... But as i am a noob tbh... I have no idea how to create said function... But I will continue learning and adding what I can figure out... And trying to figure out more each day. Sadly at some point Ive somehow managed to mess up the create grid function... It still creates but doesnt pop up the coords for me to write down anymore... So i guess ill build grids in the older source till i figure that out or get some help with it. Im guessing something I added conflicts with it somehow but im not sure. I am also completely unsure of if there is a proper way to organize it into different script files. So that way I can have the forge functions in one place, maps in another, menu structure in another... etc... Like ive seen in other sources.. So that way I can move around in the code faster... Is there something I need to do to link the separate script files together? For now I am just working off it all in one, which is slower but still works I suppose.

Once im done adding in everything I want ill release it for whomever wants it... Same name, same credits, everything... Im not worried about the small stuff... I dont need my name on it or anything lol... . I know nothing that ive added is anything at all compared to the people whom have made the functions im using to add this stuff in that I have no idea how to create, so I have no "claim to fame" I am just a noob compared to the pros lol Im just trying to make something fun/fair for people to play.
Last edited by gamingzed ; 08-13-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo