04-07-2018, 08:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What's going on Nextgenupdate, Nothingbutbread here with my re-release of The Survival games.
Conceptually based on the Survival games mini-game found on some Minecraft servers and drawing some concepts from many of older un-released gamemodes and the popular Hunger Games gamemode posted a while back. This gamemode is both fast and furious and slow and steady.
This game mode is based on Free-for-all and starts with a countdown or a map change to a supported map and then a countdown. Players can move around freely and they have a menu to select their class. Once the counter finishes, the map edit spawns and crates that contain 1 - 6 items spawn around the playable area. Many maps feature out of map areas for exploring. 1 minute of peace time starts, players can collect items from crates and prepare for war without worry. Once that minute is up, all out chaos ensures and each player is pitted against one another with a single life. The last person alive wins the Survival games. Each game is capped at 10 minutes of play time and is designed for an average game time of 3 - 8 minutes on average.

This gamemode features:
> A menu for managing inventory and also have map edit and debugging features built in that are disabled in regular play.
> Loot crates that feature a wide range of loot with weapons being randomly generated with random attachments. You get different loot each time.
> Supports public match play with the map auto-changing if an invalid map is ran.
> A whole lot of fun if you're into battle royal games such as Fortnite.

Supported maps: Nuketown, Hyjacked, Raid, Standoff, Yemen, Turbine, Meltdown, Cargo, Aftermath and Drone.
- Use the source code to add/change map edits if you wish.

Video: Please note that this was my initial release video showing V1.0.0.
The updated version that is posted here has the same look and features but with less bugs and more map edits.

Download:
Compiled version + GSCR:
You must login or register to view this content.

Source:
You must login or register to view this content.
Planed changes in V1.3
1) Some maps will limit how far a player can go from the map.
2) Players, when they die, will spawn a loot box that contains their inventory that can then be merged into the collectors inventory.
- Players collecting it will be able to chose to have their items over write their if their inventory space is maxed by the item counts or to
ignore items after filling their own inventory.
3) Fix the loot box spawning issues in Yemen and Standoff
4) Attempt to fix to the guns initially spawning without ammo issue or reduce its frequency.

Change log Summery From V1.0 to V1.2.1
V1.2.1 Release:
1) Fixed an GSC Overflow fix issue added in V1.2, This patch removes that bug.

V1.2.0 Release:
1) Added Meltdown and Turbine map edits, Finished the Cargo mapedit.
2) Fixed a major issue with the loot menu sometimes auto-closing with there was one item left to claim.
3) Spelling corrections of several commonly used words such as "unlimited" and "duration".
4) Patched a fallout exploit that could be used on Drone.
5) Added public match support and other forms of "idiot proofing". Force host is auto-enabled for the host.

Known bugs:
1) Sometimes Loot menu can become blank after opening a crate. Infobar however still works correctly when this happens.
2) Standoff and Yemen have one loot crate spawn location that is inaccessable normaly.
3) Some times, after selecting a gun from your inventory, the gun you get is empty. Simply swaping it back in and out fixes this in each case.

Credits:
Contributors to the NGU script lists: General bits and pieces of code drawn from it.
Shark: Base HUD functions, although modified heavily, still not entirely mine.
OfficalCoolJay: Used Waypoint function copied from his Zombieland gamemode. Heavily used in this gamemode.
xTul: GSC Overflow fix
Any others I missed: The remaining bits and pieces that you are due credit for.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this. I've got more that I may or not end up posting in the future.
Peace out. Enzo
Last edited by Nothingbutbread ; 04-13-2018 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added planned changes for V1.3.0

The following 5 users say thank you to Nothingbutbread for this useful post:

David-93600, OfficialCoolJay, Patrick, StupidEdits, SyTry
04-08-2018, 06:15 PM #2
Patrick
League Champion
Cool concept but here are some improvements I would personally make but this is just my opinion.
~ Instead of melee'ing the supply drops you should have the user press and hold a button to open them
~ Instead of selecting what weapon you get out of the supply drop menus you should have all the guns explode out of the cp with some cool fx's but put the weapons on a timeout so you don't run out of entities
~ Implement a cleaner GUI so it makes the gamemode more professional
~ Have player boundaries so people cant just run for miles for instance on standoff you can run far away from the map, you can simply make a force field around the map so people will take damage if they reach the boarder
Either way nice to see something that isn't complete copy paste, good job.

The following 3 users say thank you to Patrick for this useful post:

Frosty, iiXsorrowxii, Nothingbutbread
06-03-2018, 10:54 AM #3
Password please ?

The following user thanked David-93600 for this useful post:

valtteri2015

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo