Post: [Release/Gamemode] Slenderman Gamemode (Happy Halloween!) (Re-Opened)
10-27-2015, 04:56 PM #1
Im_YouViolateMe
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Happy Halloween! Reaper

You must login or register to view this content.

So sp00ky. tears

Description:
Basically this game was made up a few days ago, and I wanted to release something for the halloween spirit, so this is what I came up with. Of course it's not actually like the real game, but I think I did pretty well on this. Took me hella long to figure out line of sight. Anyways hope you enjoy, and please know this is a beta release, so any feedback/suggestions are welcome, and I'm also looking for bugs to fix!

How to play:
Gamemode might not work on any other gametypes except TDM!
When the game starts, a countdown begins and soon after a slenderman is chosen. The survivors get 20 seconds to spread out. Once Slenderman is released he is invisible. Slenderman can toggle visibility with a 5 second cooldown. The objective for slenderman is to capture all the survivors by making them look at slender or touch him or let the time limit reach 0. The objective for the survivors are to collect all the pages before the time runs out. I suggest using big maps, and not maps like Nuketown or Dig (as these maps are too small). The survivors also have a heartbeat sensor, meaning when slenderman is near, their heartbeat will get faster depending on their distance. If you are a survivor, do NOT look at or go near slenderman! That causes you to lose Sanity, and if you lose all your Sanity, you're dead! However, there are scavenger packs located around the map which lets you restore your Sanity to 75% (only for Aftermath and Cargo for the beta). Look for the floating scavenger packs and pages. The game ends once slenderman or the survivors reach 5 total rounds won.
Good luck!

A page will look like this:

Slenderman Controls:
DPAD-UP = Toggle Thirdperson
DPAD-DOWN = Toggle Visibility
DPAD-LEFT = Toggle FX

Host Controls:
DPAD-DOWN + Prone = Toggle Force Host

Bugs:

-If you get disconnected, the rounds will not reset, but if you end the game it will.
-Anything else? Report it to me Smile

Changelog:

V0.9
-Initial Beta Release

V0.9.1
-Hopefully fixes freezing
-Now players can no longer get their weapons no matter what side they are on
-Hopefully fixed bug that wouldn't restart the round if all survivors were eliminated
-Fixed bug causing error if slenderman tried to toggle visibility when the game ended

V0.9.1b
-Fixed a little bug with EndGame function
-Small tweaks

V0.9.9
-Added page objective for survivors (works for all maps except Hijacked, Carrier, and Nuketown)
-Fixed PC error (-1 out of range)
-More bug fixes
-Added scavenger pack locations for Drone, Express, Meltdown, and Overflow
-Win Conditions tweaked
-More time added for survivors

V0.9.9b
-Lots of bug fixes/tweaks
-Revised code, should fix freezing!
-Pages are now collectable by pressing Square or F (PC)
-All 8 pages will spawn at once now, to make it a little easier for survivors.
-Players will now no longer spawn in while the game has started, allowing them to kill other survivors
-Added Force Host
-Increased time to 7:30

V1.0.0
-All Bo2 base maps now work with Slenderman, including Hijacked + Carrier
-Scoreboard has been edited, so it only shows your score (How many pages you picked up)

Video: (thanks Extinct)

Download:
You must login or register to view this content. (Source)

Credits:

• dtx12, Craig Christ, kokole, Nukem
  • Shark
  • Loz
  • SyGnUs
  • Exelo
  • xTurntUpLobbies
  • Extinct
  • GentleSlugger - testing the fx_decal_burnt_paper3 model for me
  • Anyone else I forgot :( <3

Full version will be released on halloween!
Last edited by Im_YouViolateMe ; 11-03-2015 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added source v1.0.0

The following 23 users say thank you to Im_YouViolateMe for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, AlwayzJarvin, Devilemi, DF_AUS, DoraTheKiller97, DrifterTheHomie, DrZepto, EvilDevilReX, FRINZ, HiddenHour, iRnZ, itsSorrow, Loz, norge1, Patrick, PhalaxAero, Pink Guy, ProfoundModz, REBUGFirmware, snapin, star2000, xePixTvx, xexDELL

The following user groaned Im_YouViolateMe for this awful post:

John
10-27-2015, 05:00 PM #2
Patrick
League Champion
Sick asf, cant wait until the final release!

The following user thanked Patrick for this useful post:

Im_YouViolateMe
10-27-2015, 05:05 PM #3
/SneakerStreet/
At least I can fight
a few days ago i saw a preview and now a release!! sick gamemode. Cant wait for the full releaseSmile

The following user thanked /SneakerStreet/ for this useful post:

Im_YouViolateMe
10-27-2015, 05:30 PM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by YouViolateMe View Post
Happy Halloween! Reaper

So sp00ky. tears

Description:
Basically this game was made up a few days ago, and I wanted to release something for the halloween spirit, so this is what I came up with. Of course it's not actually like the real game, but I think I did pretty well on this. Took me hella long to figure out line of sight. Anyways hope you enjoy, and please know this is a beta release, so any feedback/suggestions are welcome, and I'm also looking for bugs to fix!

How to play:
When the game starts, a countdown begins and soon after a slenderman is chosen. The survivors get 20 seconds to "hide". Once Slenderman is released he is invisible. Slenderman can toggle visibility with a 5 second cooldown. The objective for slenderman is to capture all the survivors by making them look at slender or touch him. The objective for the survivors are to stay alive until the time limit ends. I suggest using big maps, and not maps like Nuketown or Dig (as these maps are too small). The survivors also have a heartbeat sensor, meaning when slenderman is near, their heartbeat will get faster depending on their distance. If you are a survivor, do NOT look at or go near slenderman! That causes you to lose Sanity, and if you lose all your Sanity, you're dead! However, there are scavenger packs located around the map which lets you restore your Sanity to 75% (only for Aftermath and Cargo for the beta). Look for the floating scavenger packs. The game ends once slenderman or the survivors reach 5 total rounds won.
Good luck!

Slenderman Controls:
DPAD-LEFT = Toggle FX

Bugs:

-If you get disconnected, the rounds will not reset, but if you end the game it will.
-Sometimes the round won't restart when slenderman captures all the survivors (I'm looking into this)

Download:

Credits:

• Shark
  • Loz
  • SyGnUs
  • Exelo
  • xTurntUpLobbies
  • Extinct

Another beastly release from YVM. Awesome work Smile

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Im_YouViolateMe
10-27-2015, 05:52 PM #5
Looks Dope bro!
10-27-2015, 06:08 PM #6
Happy Halloween! Reaper

So sp00ky. tears

Description:

How to play:
When the game starts, a countdown begins and soon after a slenderman is chosen. The survivors get 20 seconds to "hide". Once Slenderman is released he is invisible. Slenderman can toggle visibility with a 5 second cooldown. The objective for slenderman is to capture all the survivors by making them look at slender or touch him. The objective for the survivors are to stay alive until the time limit ends. I suggest using big maps, and not maps like Nuketown or Dig (as these maps are too small). The survivors also have a heartbeat sensor, meaning when slenderman is near, their heartbeat will get faster depending on their distance. If you are a survivor, do NOT look at or go near slenderman! That causes you to lose Sanity, and if you lose all your Sanity, you're dead! However, there are scavenger packs located around the map which lets you restore your Sanity to 75% (only for Aftermath and Cargo for the beta). Look for the floating scavenger packs. The game ends once slenderman or the survivors reach 5 total rounds won.
Good luck!

Slenderman Controls:
DPAD-LEFT = Toggle FX

Bugs:

-Sometimes the round won't restart when slenderman captures all the survivors (I'm looking into this)

Download:

Credits:

• Shark
  • Loz
  • SyGnUs
  • Exelo
  • xTurntUpLobbies
  • Extinct

THIS gamemode is great can't wait for the full release and Thanks for making something Halloween related Lol

The following user thanked LevelUP for this useful post:

Im_YouViolateMe
10-27-2015, 06:16 PM #7
its fun but its kind hard to kill and froze me after 1 hour XD
10-27-2015, 06:54 PM #8
itsSorrow
In my man cave
Happy Halloween! Reaper

So sp00ky. tears

Description:

How to play:
Good luck!

Slenderman Controls:
DPAD-LEFT = Toggle FX

Bugs:

Download:

Credits:

• Shark
  • Loz
  • SyGnUs
  • Exelo
  • xTurntUpLobbies
  • Extinct

u r meanie :(
10-27-2015, 07:03 PM #9
Skonafid
Gym leader
interesting mod keep it up!
10-27-2015, 08:29 PM #10
norge1
< ^ > < ^ >
Happy Halloween! Reaper

So sp00ky. tears

Description:

How to play:
Good luck!

Slenderman Controls:
DPAD-LEFT = Toggle FX

Bugs:

Download:

Credits:

• Shark
  • Loz
  • SyGnUs
  • Exelo
  • xTurntUpLobbies
  • Extinct

tried this online and got disconnected and froze about 10 mins in

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo