Post: [Release][Source] Death Run Gamemode By Extinct & SeriousHD- Black Ops 2!
07-05-2016, 09:49 PM #1
Patrick
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Death Run

You must login or register to view this content.

Hello guys its Extinct here making a thread on behalf of myself and SeriousHD- we were talking and he was saying how he wanted to make a gamemode and we decided to do a collab with Death Run since we thought it would be fun playing with a group of friends, Death run was originally from GMOD also if you guys find any bugs please let us know and we will fix them when we get some free time, thanks!

Death Run has one 'Activator' and his job is to activate the traps at the right time so the 'Runners' die from the traps, The 'Runners' need to duke the activator so he activates the traps too early or too late, if you succeed all 10 traps that will be in a random order you get a knife to kill the activator while he can not fight back!

Note: I do NOT want anyone changing our name to their name in the gamemode, just please remember we have put time and effort into making this gamemode for your enjoyment so please leave us credits!

Change Log:
    Update V1.0
~ initial Release

Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Videos:

Credits:
SeriousHD- & Extinct ~ Developers
Loz - Scripts
Imcsx ~ Gsc Studio
Dtx12, xTurntUpLobbies, Jwm614 ~ Overflow fix
kokole, dtx12, master131, craigschrist ~ Making Bo2 Gsc Possible
Last edited by Patrick ; 07-06-2016 at 11:19 PM.

The following 19 users say thank you to Patrick for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, anthonything, BlueeHasSwag, BoatyMcBoatFace, FrostyLobbys, HiddenHour, Im_YouViolateMe, iRnZ, MagnateSnake13-, Nothingbutbread, ODLeslie, OfficialCoolJay, Pink Guy, Procyon, Rezqaazify, Script Kiddie, seanhellen, Skonafid

The following 3 users groaned at Patrick for this awful post:

DF_AUS, ProfoundModz, S63
07-23-2016, 10:14 AM #29
Originally posted by zatb15 View Post
The only thing, is that when i play it sometimes random people just get frozen. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Happened to me as well. Three people couldn't move, including the activator.
07-26-2016, 09:44 PM #30
The gsc file is missing...
07-27-2016, 12:01 AM #31
Patrick
League Champion
Originally posted by SneakyNinyaMan1 View Post
The gsc file is missing...

huh?!?
08-11-2016, 07:36 PM #32
dezz420
Save Point
I would like to correct you. Deathrun was originally designed for an old game named Half-Life2: DeathMatch. The coder of the mod was You must login or register to view this content.
He should get all Credit (Not GMOD lol). It was basically his idea. He created the first ever Deathrun Game Mode to be seen by man.
The GameMode was huge back in the day. It was one of the biggest successes in HL2 DM's time, but the game is dead now.
Here is some game play of the game mode, BTW these are pros at bhoping which was a crazy skill in HL2 games

HL2: DM Was before Garry's Mod and so was Gravity Rider's Server. Which is called Area51 DeathRun and is still up today

I am a user of your mod and I love it. My friends love it too.

I would love you to correct this in your mod.
I mean i just want you and everyone to know the true facts on where the gamemode came from.
Thank you.
-Dezz
Last edited by dezz420 ; 08-11-2016 at 09:26 PM.

The following user groaned dezz420 for this awful post:

Dumble
08-12-2016, 02:39 PM #33
dezz420
Save Point
Originally posted by anthonything View Post
Literally irrelevant. We didnt port it or anything so the 'credits' are just a formality.

Honestly I believe it isn't irrelevant. When you play the game mode it has an intro. In the intro its says this game mode was originally from 'GMOD'
Which annoys me lol. Just the fact of it originating in HL2: DM.

The following user groaned dezz420 for this awful post:

Dumble
08-12-2016, 04:03 PM #34
Patrick
League Champion
Originally posted by dezz420 View Post
~Snip

Originally posted by anthonything View Post
~Snip.

~Snip

Originally posted by Dumble View Post
~Snip

Alright guys there is no need to be rude, he only told us a easy mistake anyone could have made, if it bothers you that much the project is an open source and you could easily change it Smile, have a good day!
08-12-2016, 04:30 PM #35
DoraTheKiller97
Treasure hunter
I would like to correct you. Deathrun was originally designed for an old game named Half-Life2: DeathMatch. The coder of the mod was You must login or register to view this content.
He should get all Credit (Not GMOD lol). It was basically his idea. He created the first ever Deathrun Game Mode to be seen by man.
The GameMode was huge back in the day. It was one of the biggest successes in HL2 DM's time, but the game is dead now.
Here is some game play of the game mode, BTW these are pros at bhoping which was a crazy skill in HL2 games

HL2: DM Was before Garry's Mod and so was Gravity Rider's Server. Which is called Area51 DeathRun and is still up today

I am a user of your mod and I love it. My friends love it too.

I would love you to correct this in your mod.
I mean i just want you and everyone to know the true facts on where the gamemode came from.
Thank you.
-Dezz

ohhhhhh. This is definitely a sorry not sorry moment for Serious and Extinct lol
08-12-2016, 11:27 PM #36
dezz420
Save Point
Sorry
Last edited by dezz420 ; 08-12-2016 at 11:31 PM.
11-14-2016, 07:07 PM #37
Thank you for this amazing mod !

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo