Post: [Gamemode] Red Light | Green Light [UPDATED 3/26/18]
02-16-2018, 10:58 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
BLOPS II: Red light Green light
Supported Maps: Nuketown2025(DLC), Grind(DLC1), Frost(DLC4), Standoff, Raid, [NEW]Slums, [NEW]Overflow

Howdy, I'd like to introduce you all to my take on a childhood favorite game, Red Light Green Light in Black Ops 2. Hopefully people are still around and will be able to enjoy a new game mode release that will hopefully be fun for everyone. This took me a little time to make as I'm fairly new to scripting, but before this I was enjoying using WaW Modtools and creating various levels that I'm still slowly working on currently.

(3/25/1Cool Man (aka Tustin): NEW UPDATE RELEASED! This new update comes with some gameplay fixes, new powerups, maps, gametypes, etc. For a full rundown look at the update list below. Didn't mean to take this long to release an update, after release I haven't touched it in some time, but now I'm glad to be able to release an update. I'll still be updating this gamemode or the time being, and if you have any suggestions, improvement, or additions you would like to see added, plea don't hesitate to reply below!

____

Gameplay:
(If anyone would like to make a proper gameplay video by all means go for it and I'll link it here, until then I'll upload a short video whenever).

____

Objective:
Simple, the point of this game is to be the first person within your group to make it to the finish line. Just like the original game the challenge is to only move on green, and stop on red or any other color that's not green. In this game mode there are extra colors to add variance. Moving during any of these visible colors will also result in a loss for the duration of the game. Dog tags represent potential power ups, these power ups can either help, hurt, or do literally nothing for you. There can only be 1 winner per group, if there are multiple you're put into a mini-arena where you're forced to knife to the death, the last one standing will be the overarching winner.

Racers: You're only allowed to move on Green, if you move on anything else you will get caught, and will be out for the remainder of the game. Pick up power ups (dog tags) to have a chance of changing the current competition, but remember that not every power up will help you. The first one of you to make it to the finish line win that round while the rest of the racers take the loss.

Waiting Line: Those of you in the waiting line are in the process of waiting for the next game, you're spectating the current racers while you wait your turn, nothing more to enjoy.

Losers: Well.. nothing more to say but you suck, the game is over for you and you'll need to wait for a brand new game to be able to participate again.

Winners: Depending on the instance of the game you're in, you're waiting for the rest of the racers to finish their turns, if there are multiple winners at the end of the races you're forced into a mini-arena to knife to the death.

Joined late: Sorry, the game is designed to not allow people that joined late to race (also helps prevent people from leaving and rejoining and racing again).

_

[NEW] Racers Royale:
With this new gametype added within update 1, you now have the ability to race with up to 18 (max) players! This gametype is exclusive to only the disc content map Overflow. Racers Royale features additional exclusive powerups, general changes, and fast-paced color cycles. If you come across any issues please reply as I wasn't able to fully test this gametype yet.

____

Power-ups List:
> Royale Powerups: Empowered powerups that have the ability to affect the grabber, and random racers.
> Lives: Gain the ability to increase your life count. When caught with lives you're given another chance, but frozen in place for 3 seconds.
> Freeze: Gain the ability to freeze other racers.
> Quick Feet: Gain the ability to gain additional speed.
> Slow: Gain the ability to slow other racers.
> Multi-jump: Gain the ability to multi-jump.

> Vunerability: Gain the ability to make any racer vulnerable for the duration or the race. (No powerup can change this, you will be prone to death for the duration of the round)
> Blindness: Gain the ability to every other racer.
> Teleporting: Gain the ability to witch places with a random racer.
> Teleporting: Gain the ability to teleport a random racer.
> Ante-up: Every racer gets a throwing knife and no longer has invincibility, BUT you're only allowed to attack during Green Light.
> Vanish: Every racer is invisible.

> Lives: Gain the ability to decrease your life count. (If you're already at 0, nothing will happen)
> Blindness: Gain the ability to blind yourself.
> Freeze: Gain the ability to freeze yourself.
> Slow: Gain the ability to slow yourself down.
> Nada: Gain the ability to get absolutely nothing.
> Setback: Get reset back to the start.

Updates: (Sorry I don't have spoilers as far as I can see)
Update 0: Release (2/16/1Cool Man (aka Tustin)
Update 1: You must login or register to view this content. (3/25/1Cool Man (aka Tustin)
Update 1-1: Fixed issue with player movement not working properly with colors, and spawning issues in Racers Royale for the 2nd position.

Planned:
[+] Map variance
[+] Additional Power ups
[+] Additional Map Support
[+] Additional excitement for Racers Royale (Added mechanics)
[+] Others
[+] (Let me know what else I should add below!)

____

Bugs:
- Overlapping power ups canceling each other out.
(Please let me know if you find any below!)

____

Credits:
> EternalHabit & others- GSC Resource thread | Various method and function
> Matrix - Grabbed build functions from his Dodgeball script
> Vaskq & Kismeh - Main testers I bothered
> TheFallen = Overflow fix
> StonedYoda = Custom error message
> Anyone else I forgot to mention Sal

____

Note:
You can change the group size if you're using the source files by changing the value of
    Line 35 --- level.PPR
(Default and max size being 4).
You must login or register to view this content.
(Updated: 3/25/1Cool Man (aka Tustin)
Last edited by StupidEdits ; 03-26-2018 at 11:34 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to StupidEdits for this useful post:

Frosty, Nothingbutbread, oCmKs_4_LiFe, OfficialCoolJay, xTiibo Modz
02-18-2018, 03:37 AM #2
nice to see a fresh new gamemode good job!

The following user thanked OfficialCoolJay for this useful post:

GERINO
02-28-2018, 01:39 PM #3
Originally posted by StupidEdits View Post
Supported Maps: Nuketown2025(DLC), Grind(DLC1), Frost(DLC4), Standoff, Raid

Howdy, I'd like to introduce you all to my take on a childhood favorite game, Red Light Green Light in Black Ops 2. Hopefully people are still around and will be able to enjoy a new game mode release that will hopefully be fun for everyone. This took me a little time to make as I'm fairly new to scripting, but before this I was enjoying using WaW Modtools and creating various levels that I'm still slowly working on currently.

____

Gameplay:
(If anyone would like to make a proper gameplay video by all means go for it and I'll link it here, until then I'll upload a short video tonight).

____

Objective:
Simple, the point of this game is to be the first person within your group to make it to the finish line. Just like the original game the challenge is to only move on green, and stop on red or any other color that's not green. In this game mode there are extra colors to add variance. Moving during any of these visible colors will also result in a loss for the duration of the game. Dog tags represent potential power ups, these power ups can either help, hurt, or do literally nothing for you. There can only be 1 winner per group, if there are multiple you're put into a mini-arena where you're forced to knife to the death, the last one standing will be the overarching winner.

Racers: You're only allowed to move on Green, if you move on anything else you will get caught, and will be out for the remainder of the game. Pick up power ups (dog tags) to have a chance of changing the current competition, but remember that not every power up will help you. The first one of you to make it to the finish line win that round while the rest of the racers take the loss.

Waiting Line: Those of you in the waiting line are in the process of waiting for the next game, you're spectating the current racers while you wait your turn, nothing more to enjoy.

Losers: Well.. nothing more to say but you suck, the game is over for you and you'll need to wait for a brand new game to be able to participate again.

Winners: Depending on the instance of the game you're in, you're waiting for the rest of the racers to finish their turns, if there are multiple winners at the end of the races you're forced into a mini-arena to knife to the death.

Joined late: Sorry, the game is designed to not allow people that joined late to race (also helps prevent people from leaving and rejoining and racing again).

_

Power-ups:
> Freeze other players
> Gain addition speed
> Slow other players
> Multi-jump

> Switch places with a random player
> Teleport a random person
> Everyone gets a throwing knife and no longer has invincibility
> Everyone is invisible

> Freeze yourself
> Slow yourself down
> Nothing
> Get reset back to the start

Updates:
Update 0: Release

Planned:
[+] Map variance
[+] Actual random player selections
[+] Visual Checkpoints / Distance
[+] Additional Power ups
[+] Battle Royale styled race (Probably will be only allowed on 1 map)
[+] Others

____

Bugs:

____

Credits:
> TheFallen - Menu Base

____

Note:
You can change the group size if you're using the source files by changing the value of
    Line 34 --- level.PPR

Nice, can't wait to try this out!
03-01-2018, 08:41 AM #4
benjaming58
Gym leader
Cheers for the release good to see some new gamemodes!
03-01-2018, 08:49 AM #5
benjaming58
Gym leader
Supported Maps: Nuketown2025(DLC), Grind(DLC1), Frost(DLC4), Standoff, Raid

____

Gameplay:
(If anyone would like to make a proper gameplay video by all means go for it and I'll link it here, until then I'll upload a short video tonight).

____

Objective:

_

Power-ups:
> Freeze other players
> Gain addition speed
> Slow other players
> Multi-jump

> Switch places with a random player
> Teleport a random person
> Everyone gets a throwing knife and no longer has invincibility
> Everyone is invisible

> Freeze yourself
> Slow yourself down
> Nothing
> Get reset back to the start

Updates:
Update 0: Release

Planned:
[+] Map variance
[+] Actual random player selections
[+] Visual Checkpoints / Distance
[+] Additional Power ups
[+] Battle Royale styled race (Probably will be only allowed on 1 map)
[+] Others

____

Bugs:

____

Credits:
> TheFallen - Menu Base

____

Note:
    Line 34 --- level.PPR

Hey bro,
Ive done coding for awhile i could help you work on it if you like ?
03-01-2018, 02:01 PM #6
I appreciate all the positive vibes so far, I'm glad to see the gamemode is at least interesting to people.

Originally posted by benjaming58 View Post
Hey bro,
Ive done coding for awhile i could help you work on it if you like ?

Also sure why not that sounds cool, my skype is, habbofier11. (Made it when I was a kid and never made a new one)
03-06-2018, 03:14 PM #7
FFA is a dead playlist, if you could make it team based and switch it to TDM i feel alot more people could get more use from it.
03-06-2018, 08:19 PM #8
Originally posted by itsdapanman View Post
FFA is a dead playlist, if you could make it team based and switch it to TDM i feel alot more people could get more use from it.

Fair enough, but in the gamemode if there's more than 2 players at a time, things like certain powerups for example wouldn't work. And if the game was limited to 2 players at a time then it would take a while to even finish the game entirely. I wasn't really expecting people to take this into a public lobby much anyways tbh.
03-25-2018, 06:57 PM #9
New update released! (Update notes above for more info)
03-26-2018, 11:20 PM #10
New update released! (Update notes above for more info)

Sorry for the spam, please re-download with the new link above if you've updated already, fixed 2 major issues (One with racers royale where the 2nd racer spawns away from the playable area, and the other where movement logic was broken after something I tried testing).

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo