Post: Tips And Precautions To Take When Downloading Tools!
08-17-2014, 04:04 PM #1
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is some advice you should take before downloading new or untrusted tools in this section, some new tools in this section may contain Viruses, RATS or they may be able to steal your console ID. Staff do there best to remove these as quickly as possible but if you get to them before they do my advice to you is to download a program called Sandboxie and run the executable in there first so it can not bring harm to your computer.
I have reported over 5 Posts today directly to staff which have been removed quickly. These users are sometimes not banned straight away so may commit multiple offences, if you see someone commit an offence, make sure to remember there usernames and report them to a member of staff, These were RATS or Viruses but Console ID stealers may still appear, you should always be careful about these as things such as necessary virus scans my not show this danger. You should follow all procedures below if you are uncertain about downloading a new or untrusted tool. You have been warned! Any user found to be committing these offences will be permanently banned from NextGenUpdate

NOTE: The most common RAT to be posted here looks like this:
You must login or register to view this content.
It has appeared frequently in thread responses and in it's own thread so DO NOT download this if you see it!

Procedure you should take if you are unsure of a tools safety:

1. Run the tool in the program Sandboxie
2. Re-do a virus scan of the executable on Virus Total as there can and has been illegitimate scans as of late.
3. Check NGU, read through plenty of comments as people make accounts up to boost the thread and hide the fact it. is a possible virus, check for reliable users with good positive Rep.
4.Check out the useful thread posted by Dakota about RATS and how to prevent yourself from getting one.

Tips to avoid having your ID stolen:

1.Spoof your ID to an invalid one before using a tool (this will also require you to use the tool offline).
2.Use a program like Wireshark to see what connections a tool is making.
3.Check the thread in which the tool is released. Look for any posts that either confirm or debate the authenticity of the tool.

Wireshark Link: You must login or register to view this content.
NGU Thread: You must login or register to view this content.
Virus Total: You must login or register to view this content.
Sandboxie: You must login or register to view this content.

Last edited by Geo ; 12-19-2014 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Added most common RAT image, thread fixes

The following 39 users say thank you to Geo for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Hammy, One, alexcubano, bench2012, BISOON, BrevzHoster, cali123, Dan Dactyl, DesperateAsshole, Farva, Father Luckeyy, Fleek Designs, HaTeRM4NR33T, iStonerHQ, ItsFrzky, Kenna94, Kryptus, kzemaru, london-modz, MerxRTM, PS3 ITA DEX <3, quack_QUACK, Right, rowenj, takingithard, thahitcrew, TheDoctor MoDz, TheSaltCracka, TreyBeModding-, vicious_results, WeHostModdedXP, xGsc-_-Funzo, xstateofunionx, Xx-GIPPI-xX, XxBlud23xX, Yadderr, Zambie
08-17-2014, 10:02 PM #11
Zambie
< ^ > < ^ >
Good to see that this was put out there, i have noticed a fair amount of Rats out there to, Good work Smile

The following user thanked Zambie for this useful post:

Geo
08-19-2014, 10:10 PM #12
xBlackModder
Little One
i don't mean to sound like a complete noob but how do start a thread ?? Lmao
08-19-2014, 10:13 PM #13
xX-RAZORMODZ-Xx
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by qakill View Post

click on Post a New thread.. the button will look similar to the Reply to Thread button

The following user thanked xX-RAZORMODZ-Xx for this useful post:

xBlackModder
08-19-2014, 10:30 PM #14
xBlackModder
Little One
wow I must be blind I didn't see that it was right in my face
08-19-2014, 10:41 PM #15
xX-RAZORMODZ-Xx
Bounty hunter

ha, it happens to the best of us.
08-21-2014, 09:47 AM #16
Geo
Don't Believe The Title

Originally posted by quitarno View Post
click on Post a New thread.. the button will look similar to the Reply to Thread button

Originally posted by quitarno View Post
ha, it happens to the best of us.

Quality, lol Smile :yes:
08-24-2014, 05:35 PM #17
Confusing
Climbing up the ladder
Awesome Thread.

To People Who Think They Are Ratted Try Malware Bytes Will Remove Almost All Malware instantly and warn you.

08-24-2014, 05:37 PM #18
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Confusing View Post
Awesome Thread.

To People Who Think They Are Ratted Try Malware Bytes Will Remove Almost All Malware instantly and warn you.

Might add this to the thread seeing as Malware Bytes can warn you but its more the fact trying to prevent and take percussion's to prevent anything from happening to your computer before it does.

The following user thanked Geo for this useful post:

Confusing
09-04-2014, 03:16 PM #19
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Edited title as luckily haven't had much of it recently! Keeping thread just in case and as a warning obviously :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo