08-31-2017, 02:46 AM #1
iDeity
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Therefore making hosting online possible again without any struggles. This is slightly old news, maybe a couple weeks late to a thread, but just as a heads up, you can force host again in a place like TDM and get people to fill the lobby very quickly. Hooray.

The following user thanked iDeity for this useful post:

quacked420
08-31-2017, 02:51 AM #2
Originally posted by Jeru View Post
Therefore making hosting online possible again without any struggles. This is slightly old news, maybe a couple weeks late to a thread, but just as a heads up, you can force host again in a place like TDM and get people to fill the lobby very quickly. Hooray.

I mean it was always a struggle to get multiplayer lobbies done, but that's good to hear. Wish they'd stop wasting with dedicated servers, and just make big leagues attainable.
08-31-2017, 03:07 AM #3
iDeity
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
I mean it was always a struggle to get multiplayer lobbies done, but that's good to hear. Wish they'd stop wasting with dedicated servers, and just make big leagues attainable.

You have a point, though at least they can actually form within a minute or two now, instead of like, never. I never understood why they kept them out after the slow lobby incident, I'm sure it didn't take an entire year to fix that about the servers, and then they decided to throw them in at the beginning of the year, only for Treyarch to remove them again 8 months later? It's a very confusing pattern, but it's safe to say they're most likely gone for good now.
08-31-2017, 03:10 AM #4
You have a point, though at least they can actually form within a minute or two now, instead of like, never. I never understood why they kept them out after the slow lobby incident, I'm sure it didn't take an entire year to fix that about the servers, and then they decided to throw them in at the beginning of the year, only for Treyarch to remove them again 8 months later? It's a very confusing pattern, but it's safe to say they're most likely gone for good now.

What was the deal with the slow lobbies anyhow? Was it an infection?
08-31-2017, 03:21 AM #5
iDeity
Bounty hunter
What was the deal with the slow lobbies anyhow? Was it an infection?

The slow lobbies are a mystery to me as well. My theory is, somehow whatever was put together to cause the slow lobbies got injected into one server, and from there, spread like a wildfire, since as soon as you joined a lobby that was slow, it spread to everyone. I remember YouTube videos of "modding teams" claiming they were the starters of the slow lobby infections. Since hosting abilities was still properly split between people and servers, it spread from a person hosting, and then it killed BO2. I remember clearly when it got fixed, I was playing, and whilst being in a pre game lobby, I was kicked back to the main menu and wasn't able to get back on BO2 for a few minutes, and once I was finally able to, I only saw 2,000 people online, from the average 80,000-90,000 that played a day at that time. Pretty crazy, the dedicated servers disappeared that day, and the slow lobbies were just gone. Must have been a reboot and it reset all lobby variables.

The following user thanked iDeity for this useful post:

Frosty
08-31-2017, 03:23 AM #6
The slow lobbies are a mystery to me as well. My theory is, somehow whatever was put together to cause the slow lobbies got injected into one server, and from there, spread like a wildfire, since as soon as you joined a lobby that was slow, it spread to everyone. I remember YouTube videos of "modding teams" claiming they were the starters of the slow lobby infections. Since hosting abilities was still properly split between people and servers, it spread from a person hosting, and then it killed BO2. I remember clearly when it got fixed, I was playing, and whilst being in a pre game lobby, I was kicked back to the main menu and wasn't able to get back on BO2 for a few minutes, and once I was finally able to, I only saw 2,000 people online, from the average 80,000-90,000 that played a day at that time. Pretty crazy, the dedicated servers disappeared that day, and the slow lobbies were just gone. Must have been a reboot and it reset all lobby variables.

Wish it was something funner, like "ufo lobbies"/"superjump lobbies"
08-31-2017, 03:27 AM #7
iDeity
Bounty hunter
Wish it was something funner, like "ufo lobbies"/"superjump lobbies"

Unfortunately the power falls into the wrong hands. If I knew how to do that stuff, injecting native code into game servers?? Man I'd be messing with them, adding fun things constantly.
I think another trippy thing that was around for a while was lag lobbies. It was like that MW2 DVAR, that was found in CFG menus like JokaNot Happy or SadMoDz's. I never understood how that one started, only theorized about it.
08-31-2017, 03:32 AM #8
Unfortunately the power falls into the wrong hands. If I knew how to do that stuff, injecting native code into game servers?? Man I'd be messing with them, adding fun things constantly.
I think another trippy thing that was around for a while was lag lobbies. It was like that MW2 DVAR, that was found in CFG menus like JokaNot Happy or SadMoDz's. I never understood how that one started, only theorized about it.

One thing I've always wondered is how did the modded capture the flag gamemode come about? I've never seen any mention of it on NGU, but everyone on BO2 knows about it.
08-31-2017, 04:14 AM #9
iDeity
Bounty hunter
One thing I've always wondered is how did the modded capture the flag gamemode come about? I've never seen any mention of it on NGU, but everyone on BO2 knows about it.

Talking about the one where you can dolphin dive through barriers and get out of map? Or?
08-31-2017, 04:28 AM #10
Talking about the one where you can dolphin dive through barriers and get out of map? Or?

Yeah. Also allowed you to crouch and go up through ceilings.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo