05-15-2011, 11:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As you know brink can be easily modded using a "Autoexec.cfg" file(Badly written tut You must login or register to view this content. , thus allowing us to essentially do what we could on CoD4 (before the use of Patch_MP.ff). Now this is using simple and effective Dvar's and Cvar's and allowing us to create some quite good and effect hacks/mods/exploits.
Now as this is my "scene" i've had a 10 minute play with some stuff and I found, this taken from another thread I posted in:

Originally posted by chris2k7sears View Post
So ive had a look and 5 minute play around with a few dvars. Ive gotten binds to "sort of" work ( bind "3" "g_infiniteAmmo" "" "default" or bind "3" "g_infiniteAmmo" "" "1") using a keyboard, meaning they work but can only be switched off and is also touch and go, they sometimes work sometimes don't, they are auto set to enabled due to the "autoexec.cfg" that auto runs as soon as the game starts. you could however use an "exec.cfg" and see if that enables you to turn on and off (as this doesn't auto start) but you may need console to enable it.

I have tried using ("bind BUTTON_BACK g_infiniteAmmo "1") thus pressing select should enable/disable the bind, although this doesn't work and just enables the infinite ammo. So really if someone knows the proper name for select or any other buttons in this game let me know and ill see if i can get binds to work. Im guessing its gonna be retarded key names though as the game seems to be a direct port from PC.

Another thing to try is editing the "brinkconfig.cfg" file and changing the Dvars/cvars in there as they are game changes (you could even add some there and they will work), we might get the binds to work from there or find the name of the buttons used.

So what I wanted to do with this thread is get everyone working on stuff to find/change/edit, and post your findings in this thread (saving people from create 100 threads and allowing others to easily find posts).
anyway thats what I have after 10 minutes of working with a few Dvars, I'll still be working on stuff when I have the time, so I'll post now and again when Ive got stuff working (or failing if the case may be :p).

The following 3 users say thank you to chris2k7sears for this useful post:

-Daemon-, ngilroy, sAmIzErE
05-15-2011, 11:44 PM #2
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
i like it. i think it is a very good idea. I am with ya all the way chris!!
05-16-2011, 12:04 AM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
:y: .
05-16-2011, 12:12 AM #4
Ix Benere xI
At least I can fight
I like it how this games online is now completely ****ed and PSN isn't even fully up so no ones had the chance to play it online yet lol. Anyway, I'll download the game :pirate: and have a little play.
05-16-2011, 12:26 AM #5
GetDeleted -_-
- Former TACOTIME77 -
That game deserves to be ****ed up i they were that stupid to not encrypt it or anything lmao How did they not learn from CoD4?

And if that bind just enables infinite ammo, try adding "toggle" before the infinite ammo dvar. I don't have Brink and have no idea how the engine is but based on my CoD4 knowledge that would work haha
05-16-2011, 02:03 AM #6
Masta-blasta117
»»───Knee───►
comment removed
Last edited by Masta-blasta117 ; 05-16-2011 at 02:08 AM.
05-16-2011, 02:24 AM #7
Originally posted by GetDeleted
That game deserves to be ****ed up i they were that stupid to not encrypt it or anything lmao How did they not learn from CoD4?

And if that bind just enables infinite ammo, try adding "toggle" before the infinite ammo dvar. I don't have Brink and have no idea how the engine is but based on my CoD4 knowledge that would work haha

Ahh I knew I was missing something xD. I know this is your type of thing aswell so if you do get the game, get messing shit up with me :p.
05-16-2011, 02:26 AM #8
cool stuff bro.

but what does this have to do with ps3 hax?
05-16-2011, 02:32 AM #9
Originally posted by Sn1PaXx View Post
cool stuff bro.

but what does this have to do with ps3 hax?

Well since there is no Brink section it was appropriate to post this thread here, plus its still technically a PS3 exploit.
05-16-2011, 02:37 AM #10
Agentcell
Can’t trickshot me!
do you have any of these mods for metal gear solid 4 and can you use these mods online?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo