06-07-2017, 05:18 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); so im taking a c++ course on sololearn and i really like it and understand the concepts..but i was wondering if once i get my certificate on the course can i tell people "i know c++".
06-07-2017, 08:13 PM #2
Your skills aren't defined by diplomas or certifications they just give an idea of what you might be able to achieve. What you have done, things like projects that you have finished and the experience you gathered, it is what counts.
C++ is so large, not to mention the language itself is still evolving, that you'll be learning for ever and saying that "you know C++" doesn't give much information about what you're able to achieve either.
Besides if you're wondering if you know something then you probably don't. When you know how to do something you know it.

The following user thanked theDaftDev for this useful post:

mudville209
06-07-2017, 11:09 PM #3
Originally posted by theDaftDev View Post
Your skills aren't defined by diplomas or certifications they just give an idea of what you might be able to achieve. What you have done, things like projects that you have finished and the experience you gathered, it is what counts.
C++ is so large, not to mention the language itself is still evolving, that you'll be learning for ever and saying that "you know C++" doesn't give much information about what you're able to achieve either.
Besides if you're wondering if you know something then you probably don't. When you know how to do something you know it.

Those are the only things that matter in the real world

The following user thanked John for this useful post:

mudville209
06-07-2017, 11:55 PM #4
zundappchef
Vault dweller
Originally posted by mudville209 View Post
so im taking a c++ course on sololearn and i really like it and understand the concepts..but i was wondering if once i get my certificate on the course can i tell people "i know c++".

all depends on how good u are going to be able to use/implement it
like i can learn how to cook by going to school
but that doesnt mean im going to be a good chef

The following user thanked zundappchef for this useful post:

mudville209

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo