Post: Cod Custom Camos and Uis Loadscreens and hands TUT PS3
06-10-2012, 03:10 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Use This TUT Alongside this because this makes it Alot more easier

You must login or register to view this content.

Hi Nextgenupdate, Doggy_Shizz is here to show how to make Custom Camos and Loadscreens for Call of Duty 4 and 5 :carling: lets get started.

What You will Need:
A back up of Call of Duty 4 or the downloaded PSN version.
you will automatically need a back up of WaW

0). LEECH WAY NO FUN download this zip to have already modded camos, uis and hands for Call of Duty 4 and uis for Call of Duty 5, MW2

What is modded:
G36 - Yellow Camo
Skorpion - Gold Camo
Mini-Uzi - Rock Camo
Ak74u- Acid Camo
P90 - Purple Camo
Ak47 - Ice Camo
G3 - White Camo
M16 - Bronze Camo
M4 - Copper Camo
R700 - Green Stripes Camo
RPD - Purple and Blue Camo
M60 Black Camo
M1911 - Rainbow Camo
USP - Ranger Camo
Silver Desert Eagle - Bright Green Camo
Gold Desert Eagle - Blood Gun
Ak47 grenade launcher - zebra stripes
M60 - Rainbow camo
Modded ui cod 4, 5 and 6
Modded Loadscreens Cod 4
Orange hands Marine team only cod 4

*****Note for showing that I have done these things AMERICAN VERSIONS OF CALL OF DUTY ONLY do not be a leech be a man make your own Reaper********

1). Download this plugin for photoshop You must login or register to view this content. you will need it later or starting whichever way you chose to use this tut. To add this plugin put here; C :\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\

2). Open photo shop and look at the image below for one color camoes it will not matter the size really (has to be in multiples of four ) but for graphic cool camos you must ge as close as possible to the original size of the camo usually 70 kb but not always.

3). Colour the image however you want and have a look down to see how to save the file as a dds in photoshop.

4). For single Textures save as the frist one as it will not matter, for higher detail chose DXT5.

5). Open hxd to your newly created .dds file

6). remove the header this shows a DXT1 header.

7). after header is removed select all.

Cool Man (aka Tustin). now open the Call of Duty 4 common_mp.ff in your favorite ff viewer.

9). Once open go to the common_mp.zone in hxd and search for a weapon ( Weaponname)(camo)(_col) the _col is very important this is the camos and other moddable textures. example here;

10 ). paste write your dds image ONE null byte over (col.) over in hxd 63 6F 6C 00 (paste write image here) and fill with null bytes if too small, usually happens for single colors so keep putting null bytes in until you see the footer (see footer step 11)

11). This shows the footer DO not ever overwrite as the guns can go bad or blackscreen can result.

12). once done save the common_mp.zone and save the common_mp.ff and put on PS3 in what back up you have of the DISK or downloaded PSN version on your CFW PS3.

Coloring your hands

all rules apply as above but here is the stringname for the hands (Call of Duty 4)

Custom Loadscreens ( Call of Duty 4 and 5 )

1). all photoshop steps apply above but have the image as close as possible to the original size otherwise it will look terrible.

2). open the nameofmapload.ff in hxd and search "load"

3). once down you will find a string called loadscreen_mp_whatevermapname paste or copy said image one null byte over.

4). fill in null bytes if to small but do not go over the footer as shown below.

that is it for now let the custom camos and loadscreens begin.

Credits

Buc-Shotz
Doggy_Shizz
Exigoan
The Cod modding Wiki
Photoshop devs
Albanian for pointing out a flaw in my tut (thanks)
anyone else pm me and explain why you deserve creds.

*Note* I need a recorder if you want creds record for me and your name will be highlighted also if you are a artist release your work as everyone can benefit from it and if you are really talented maybe you can join Project Exigoan "100% custom map on console me and others will be trying so stay tuned Smile "
Last edited by Doggy_Shizz ; 07-04-2012 at 01:50 AM.

The following 24 users say thank you to Doggy_Shizz for this useful post:

Adamâ„¢, Albanian', BrinkerzHD, CleanMODSHD, Correy, DlBSY993, Dreamcather, FourzerotwoFAILS, FuntCase, Harry, IELIITEMODZX, IVI40A3Fusionz, Jamba_PLuR, Karoolus, Newelly, NGU-xNiicKzHD, Jango, Razorcut2015, rimka06510, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, x Elite MoDz x, x_DaftVader_x
06-10-2012, 04:05 AM #2
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by Shizz View Post
Hi NGU im here to release how to make custom camos and loadscreens for cod 4 and 5 :carling: lets get started

need
back up of cod 4 or downloaded PSN version.
you will automatically need a back up of WaW

0). LEECH WAY NO FUN download this zip to have already modded camos, uis and hands for cod 4 and uis for cod 5, MW2

what is modded
g36 - yellow camo
silver derest eagle - darkness gun
ak47 grenade launcher - zebra stripes
M60 - Rainbow camo
modded ui cod 4, 5 and 6
modded strike loadscreen (zombies cod 4)
purple hands marine team only cod 4

*****Note for showing that I have done these things AMERICAN VERSIONS OF CALL OF DUTY ONLY do not be a leech be a man make your own Reaper********

1). Download this plugin for photoshop You must login or register to view this content. you will need it later or starting whichever way you chose to use this tut. To add this plugin put here; C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\

2). Open photo shop and look at the image below for one color camoes it will not matter the size really but for graphic cool camos you must ge as close as possible to the original size of the camo usually 1.2 mb but not always.

3). Colour the image however you want and have a look down to see how to save the file as a dds in photoshop.

4). For single Textures save as the frist one as it will not matter, for higher detail chose DXT5.

5). Open hxd to your newly created .dds file

6). remove the header this shows a DXT1 header.

7). after header is removed select all.

Cool Man (aka Tustin). now open the Call of Duty 4 common_mp.ff in your favorite ff viewer.

9). Once open go to the common_mp.zone in hxd and search for a weapon ( Weaponname)(camo)(_col) the _col is very important this is the camos and other moddable textures. example here;

10). paste write your dds image ONE null byte over (col.) over in hxd 63 6F 6C 00 (paste write image here) and fill with null bytes if too small ( usually happens for single colors so keep putting null bytes in until you see the footer (see footer step 11)

11). This show the footer DO not ever overwrite as the guns can go bad or blackscreen can result.

12). once done save the common_mp.zone and save the common_mp.ff and put on PS3 in what back up you have of the DISK or downloaded PSN version on your CFW PS3.

Coloring your hands

all rules apply as above but here is the stringname for the hands (Call of Duty 4)

Custom Loadscreens ( Call of Duty 4 and 5 )

1). all photoshop steps apply above but have the image as close as possible to the original size otherwise it will look terrible.

2). open the nameofmapload.ff in hxd and search "load"

3). once down you will find a string called loadscreen_mp_whatevermapname pate or copy said image one null byte over.

4). fill in null bytes if to small but do not go over the footer as shown below.

that is it for now let the custom camos and loadscreen begin

Credits

Buc-Shotz
Doggy_Shizz
Exigoan
The Cod modding Wiki
Photoshop devs
anyone else pm me and explain why you deserve creds.

*Note* I need a recorder if you want creds record for me and your name will be highlighted also if you are a artist release your work as everyone can benfit from it and if you are really talented maybe you can join Project Exigoan "100% custom map on console me and others will be trying so stay tuned Smile "

Good for you figuring it out :y: Now get some weapons mods Winky Winky

The following 3 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Doggy_Shizz, I-LOVE-Coockies, TheFuziioN-

The following user groaned Choco for this awful post:

DlBSY993
06-10-2012, 04:07 AM #3
Originally posted by Choco View Post
well since in cod 4 and waw you can .gsc mod those in kinda makes me not want to learn them but thanks choco working on custom sounds now Smile could I post this in the world at war section also Blue camo ray guns make me happy Smile
Last edited by Doggy_Shizz ; 06-10-2012 at 04:12 AM.
06-10-2012, 06:02 AM #4
Albanian'
Are you high?
i figured this out yesterday but i tried to copy. The mp5_col. And add a Header ;dds) to it. But when i opened it it showed me. The half picture was the Mp5 and the other half was kinda rainbow ... But i think i just played to long with the sounds in packfile which are are easier to find and replace xd

I Wonder why no1 found this before... :P i think those .FF viewer makes life easier but yeah who actually looked at the zone file to find them ....
Last edited by Albanian' ; 06-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.
06-10-2012, 06:56 AM #5
Jango
I love my kitteh
Originally posted by Shizz View Post
well since in cod 4 and waw you can .gsc mod those in kinda makes me not want to learn them but thanks choco working on custom sounds now Smile could I post this in the world at war section also Blue camo ray guns make me happy Smile

Hey doggy Happy
06-10-2012, 09:19 AM #6
Albanian'
Are you high?
What i did to get Full-gun Skin:

First off i opened Photoshop made a File like yours 120p x 120p Which made the file waay to short so i had to fill almost the half File with 00's and it made the Gun look Like this :
You see its still half Gold...

Then i took the Code from MP5 (Header to Fooder) And Safed that file i've seen it was 170kb big, so i looked which Size would fill that File and i cam to 512p x 512x so i made a File in Photohsop with 512p x 512p and filled in 1 Color and saved it when i compared it to the Original File in HxD it was 1bit smaller than the Original one. So no need to fill 00's and it looked like that then

BTW: Before you try filling random Widht and Height (im not english so i dont know how to say it better, hope you get it)

DDS Files has to be Multiplied with 4 so i mean like : 4x4 16x16 32x32 512x512 1024x1024 but it can also be 1024x512 it just depends on the Number you take ... Hope you get my English

Viewhands_marine is 1024x512
Last edited by Albanian' ; 06-10-2012 at 09:38 AM.
06-10-2012, 10:13 AM #7
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Finally this sections got a new release and not just a preview of something new :y: good work!
06-10-2012, 12:51 PM #8
Harry
Former Staff
wow. didn't think i would be seeing new releases in this section again, thanks so much for this tutorial maan.

I may do my camo's in paint :troll:
06-10-2012, 01:04 PM #9
Originally posted by Choco View Post
Weapon mods are even easyer lol. and thanks for releaseing doggy_shizz.
06-10-2012, 01:12 PM #10
Default Avatar
Gizmo
Time to make some custom camos =D

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo