Post: Split Screen Xp glitch, Video/Written Tutorial 2-8-11
04-08-2011, 11:29 AM #1
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This glitch still works as of 8-25-2011, after 1.12 update!!!

1st and foremost, all credits go to NextGenPen|s for finding this glitch… I just made a video to show proof to everyone who asked if it works..

You must login or register to view this content.

1. Have a friend in a player match lobby that has the privacy set to “open”
2. Go to Local > Split Screen > And choose the map/game mode u want.. I recommend “free for all”
3. Now u bring in ur 2nd player in the lobby, and hover over/highlight start game
4. Press (O) to back out of Split Screen, then choose Local, then highlight/hover over Split Screen
5. Press triangle to bring up ur friends list, and choose ur friend who is sitting in Player Match lobby
6. Go to the “join session” option in ur friends options…
7. Press (X) to join ur friends session..
8. Immediately after u press (X) to join session, with both controllers u simultaneously (at the same time) press (X) on both of ur controllers as fast and quickly as u can.. And that’s it folks….

*8-8-2011 update*
>> If u are having problems with step #6, when u click on join session, try pressing (x) on controller #1 & #2 at the same time, and keep on pressing (x) really fast until the map loads up witn no gametype.. U see, this glitch is based on speed, on how fast u can press (x) on both controllers after u join ur host.. I found the glitch to work easier for me, by getting a head start on pressing (x) on both controllers when u actually choose to join ur host, rather than pressing (x) on controller #1 to join, then pressing (x) on both controllers..
>> So basically, press (x) on both controllers really fast when u choose to join session, and the glitch should b a little more easier to do..
>> How does this help u?? This method will make u a split second faster when pressing (x) on both controllers, that split second can mean the world of a difference with this glitch..

Like I said B4, step #8, is going to be the tricky part.. I occasionally ended up in a split screen match with the map and game type showing when the game is loading up.. If this happens to u, then u know u are close to getting this bad boy to work… I did boost with this glitch the 1st time I got it to work, and I did not get banned, and all the stats did stick for online.. So good luck, and hopefully someone will find a easier way!!!

Update 4-21-2011
Here are some posts from fellow NGU users...

Tips:
> Good connection to ur host
> Be patient, this glitch will not work everytime
> Try different methods of joining ur host
> select default classes??
> choose classes at the same time to decrease chances of being kicked out of the game
> Try using different hosts, or friends, this could possible make the world of a difference..
> Good luck, and remember, u are boosting, so there is always a possibility of being banned and reset..
Last edited by rockym56 ; 08-25-2011 at 01:43 PM.

The following 17 users say thank you to rockym56 for this useful post:

AlabamaHit, bartacus, black123456789, BuddhaBr0wnies, codwawandmw2, darkflame1990, decorockstar, dishcloth, iownall6, Proboscis, Soldier., thabeast_32, TheBurntCeltic, TheSameKiid____, tooskilled2k11, yourdude9
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM #2
Proboscis
★ Truthworthy level 1 ! ★
More clear, thanks. I could get it to work once.
04-08-2011, 11:42 AM #3
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by rockym56 View Post
1st and foremost, all credits go to NextGenPenis for finding this glitch? I just made a video to show proof to everyone who asked if it works.. NextGenPenis, found the glitch, so his job is done, its up to us to post up videos for proof.. Now I will not bullshit u, when NextGenPenis said that u need to have perfect timing to get this to work, he was not bullshitting us?lol? I got it to work for me 3 times out of about 150 times...Keep in mind I recorded this video with my cell phone, so the quality is not that great, but u can see the playlist # if u look hard enough.. Oh yeah, I did not use free for all in this video, I used demolition, that is why both of my players ended up on the same team.. Yea, I failed?lol..

Video will be up soon!!!

1. Have a friend in a player match lobby that has the privacy set to ?open?
2. Go to Local > Split Screen > And choose the map/game mode u want.. I recommend ?free for all?
3. Now u bring in ur 2nd player in the lobby, and hover over/highlight start game
4. Press (O) to back out of Split Screen, then choose Local, then highlight/hover over Split Screen
5. Press triangle to bring up ur friends list, and choose ur friend who is sitting in Player Match lobby
6. Go to the ?join session? option in ur friends options?
7. Press (X) to join ur friends session..
8. Immediately after u press (X) to join session, with both controllers u simultaneously (at the same time) press (X) on both of ur controllers as fast and quickly as u can.. And that?s it folks?.

Like I said B4, step #8, is going to be the tricky part.. I occasionally ended up in a split screen match with the map and game type showing when the game is loading up.. If this happens to u, then u know u are close to getting this bad boy to work? I did boost with this glitch the 1st time I got it to work, and I did not get banned, and all the stats did stick for online.. So good luck, and hopefully someone will find a easier way!!!

Thanks, need to find a host now!

The following 2 users say thank you to Soldier. for this useful post:

JordanCarr,
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM #4
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by TheReaperMan View Post
Thanks, need to find a host now!

Check out the video now.. Let me know if it works properly.. I am at work and can not get on youtube, my job has it blocked.. So I used photobucket to upload video..
04-08-2011, 01:19 PM #5
GRAND
Haxor!
So, yeah.
Quick question who am i boosting with? My second controller?
The reason I'm asking is because it said in the video "enemies forfeiting"
04-08-2011, 01:36 PM #6
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by GRAND View Post
So, yeah.
Quick question who am i boosting with? My second controller?
The reason I'm asking is because it said in the video "enemies forfeiting"

U boost with ur 2nd controller.. But this glitch sometimes puts both players on the same team..
04-08-2011, 01:46 PM #7
i got it to load up wiht just the map name but then it said server is full.?
any idea?
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM #8
NeglectFate
[b][move]NGU - Home of The Virgins![/b][/move]
U boost with ur 2nd controller.. But this glitch sometimes puts both players on the same team..

It occurs a few times, but the problem is, since this is so hard to do, that if you end up on the same team it'll take forever to do it again lol

The following user thanked NeglectFate for this useful post:

rockym56
04-08-2011, 02:03 PM #9
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by s View Post
It occurs a few times, but the problem is, since this is so hard to do, that if you end up on the same team it'll take forever to do it again lol

Yep... U are sure right about that... When I get home, I am going to try lagging one of my ps3's internet connection to see if that helps out too.. I got a quick question... I noticed after doing the glitch, when I did it wrong.. I ended up in my other ps3's lobby, and it gave me the "searching for games" message.. As if we were going to get paired with a game online.. But on my other ps3 it did not show anything, but just both users in the playermatch lobby?? Did u have this happen to u??

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Originally posted by d3ss34tpr0ducts View Post
i got it to load up wiht just the map name but then it said server is full.?
any idea?

U are on the right track.. It done that to me numerous amounts of times... Just hang in there, it will load up with map name and no game mode name under it sooner or later...
04-08-2011, 02:09 PM #10
NeglectFate
[b][move]NGU - Home of The Virgins![/b][/move]
Yep... U are sure right about that... When I get home, I am going to try lagging one of my ps3's internet connection to see if that helps out too.. I got a quick question... I noticed after doing the glitch, when I did it wrong.. I ended up in my other ps3's lobby, and it gave me the "searching for games" message.. As if we were going to get paired with a game online.. But on my other ps3 it did not show anything, but just both users in the playermatch lobby?? Did u have this happen to u??

Yeah i get this a lot lol The ps3 version of black ops is just really badly ported. When you are joining the session and you do all the button clicking, you are able to search for games, but it never connects since you are not the host of the party.

Another thing I found is if you try doing the old splitscreen method, just joining your friend's session and tapping X on start game, if you connect 2 controllers already, and use the 3rd controller to tap X, it'll put all 3 of the controller in the party. Of course it won't let you play an online match, but maybe someone can find a way to make it work lol

Lastly, if you do the old lan unlimited live search glitch, with custom settings, you should get the "server is full" message. After this, back out and find a search match, and all your custom settings should save, you can tell by the gamemode not appearing on the top left corner of the lobby. When people start joining the lobby, it switches back though. Maybe someone can find how to make this work :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo