12-13-2014, 11:35 PM #1
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, so I live on campus at my University and therefore when I play my PS4 online, I am sharing internet with everyone else on campus basically.

Well No matter if I play on wifi or ethernet, I still have a strict nat type on Advanced Warfare. And because I am using basically public wifi I have no access to a router or whatnot to change things in order to change my nat type.

So I have a question,

If I go out and buy my own router and connect my PS4 through that so I am the only one connected through it, will it help make me be able to get my nat type to change and will it make a big difference as far as connection online since I would be the only one connected to the router?
12-14-2014, 12:48 AM #2
RatchetBooty
Former Staff
If you buy your own router it'd make a huge difference as even then if you get a strict nat type you can go into the router settings and put your PS3 IP address into a DMZ and open all the CoD ports and that will definitely open your nat type.
12-14-2014, 03:52 AM #3
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
Originally posted by RatchetBooty View Post
If you buy your own router it'd make a huge difference as even then if you get a strict nat type you can go into the router settings and put your PS3 IP address into a DMZ and open all the CoD ports and that will definitely open your nat type.

Okay, also, my Ps4 says NAT Type 2...but Advanced Warfare says NAT Type strict...which is it? Lol
12-14-2014, 03:53 AM #4
RatchetBooty
Former Staff
Originally posted by 2RAW4THESTREET View Post
Okay, also, my Ps4 says NAT Type 2...but Advanced Warfare says NAT Type strict...which is it? Lol

Wait what ?
12-14-2014, 04:59 AM #5
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
Wait what ?

Under connection status on PS4, it says my NAT type is Type 2, however, when I go onto play Advanced Warfare, where it says the nat type at the bottom of the screen, it says my NAT Type is strict.

So how do I know which is my true mat type. It's a bit confusing lol
12-14-2014, 05:01 AM #6
RatchetBooty
Former Staff
Under connection status on PS4, it says my NAT type is Type 2, however, when I go onto play Advanced Warfare, where it says the nat type at the bottom of the screen, it says my NAT Type is strict.

So how do I know which is my true mat type. It's a bit confusing lol

Your nat type overall might be open but if it's strict on Advanced Warfare it'll be harder to get in lobbies and when you do you'll get into lobbies with people who live in like Europe. I've had this problem. I put my PS3's IP in a DMZ and opened all the ports that CoD needs and it opened my nat on cod.
12-14-2014, 06:14 AM #7
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
Your nat type overall might be open but if it's strict on Advanced Warfare it'll be harder to get in lobbies and when you do you'll get into lobbies with people who live in like Europe. I've had this problem. I put my PS3's IP in a DMZ and opened all the ports that CoD needs and it opened my nat on cod.

Is there a tut for this somewhere?
12-14-2014, 03:15 PM #8
RatchetBooty
Former Staff
Is there a tut for this somewhere?

Yup just google it. You need access to your router so that's why you need to buy one . If you're having a hard time with opening your NAT just add me on Skype: RatchetBootyNGU and I'll help you do it.
12-14-2014, 06:50 PM #9
naxking
I defeated!
Yup just google it. You need access to your router so that's why you need to buy one . If you're having a hard time with opening your NAT just add me on Skype: RatchetBootyNGU and I'll help you do it.

I kind of got a issue for that. You see, the username and password would usually come on the sticker on the router so I looked around and couldn't find any.
I accessed to the router main page and typed in all username and password shown on the sticker.

None of them worked which frustrated me because I'm supposed to identify the username and password easily.

Can I send you picture of my router sticker and maybe you could identify the username and password of the router?

It's Motoral - Arris - SBG6782
Last edited by naxking ; 12-14-2014 at 07:01 PM.
12-14-2014, 07:32 PM #10
RatchetBooty
Former Staff
Originally posted by kingnoor123 View Post
I kind of got a issue for that. You see, the username and password would usually come on the sticker on the router so I looked around and couldn't find any.
I accessed to the router main page and typed in all username and password shown on the sticker.

None of them worked which frustrated me because I'm supposed to identify the username and password easily.

Can I send you picture of my router sticker and maybe you could identify the username and password of the router?

It's Motoral - Arris - SBG6782

Hmmm for username put: cusadmin and for password put your wifi security key (it's located on the white sticker on the bottom of your modem) tell me if this works :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo