05-28-2015, 10:08 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Im trying to edit zombieland but ingame the buttons are always showing square how can i get them to be

DPAD Up - Open Menu
DPAD Up/Down - Scroll Up/Down
DPAD Left - Close Menu Anywhere
X - Select Option
Square - Go Back/Exit Menu

heres the instructions line of code that i need to show correct buttons.

level.informationBarText = "^1Sharks Zombieland ^5Hosted By Shenmue ^3ReDesigned by Exelo aka AxysGOD. ^5Instructions : ^2Press [{+actionslot 1}] To Open The Shop | [{+actionslot 3}] To Close The Shop | [{+gostand}] To Select Options | [{+usereload}] To Go Back. ";
05-28-2015, 11:34 PM #2
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Shenmue View Post
Im trying to edit zombieland but ingame the buttons are always showing square how can i get them to be

DPAD Up - Open Menu
DPAD Up/Down - Scroll Up/Down
DPAD Left - Close Menu Anywhere
X - Select Option
Square - Go Back/Exit Menu

heres the instructions line of code that i need to show correct buttons.

level.informationBarText = "^1Sharks Zombieland ^5Hosted By Shenmue ^3ReDesigned by Exelo aka AxysGOD. ^5Instructions : ^2Press [{+actionslot 1}] To Open The Shop | [{+actionslot 3}] To Close The Shop | [{+gostand}] To Select Options | [{+usereload}] To Go Back. ";

Just because you added the code for the box doesn't mean it will affect the entire script. You would need to change the existing commands to fit the new ones. If it's encrypted you won't be able to change it at all without certain programs and time. I'm not too experienced with the modding community, but with general knowledge you can't expect it to work just by putting it in this code. My advice is to contact a rtm dev on the subject, to find out how to implement these commands corresponding to the instructions.

Maybe you can open a non-encrypted tool and view the properties of the file to see how the code is implemented with that menu. There are many scripts that have the same commands for opening/closing. You could "copy" the code and give credit.
Last edited by Young Jedi ; 05-28-2015 at 11:37 PM.
05-28-2015, 11:39 PM #3
Originally posted by Young
Just because you added the code for the box doesn't mean it will affect the entire script. You would need to change the existing commands to fit the new ones. If it's encrypted you won't be able to change it at all without certain programs and time. I'm not too experienced with the modding community, but with general knowledge you can't expect it to work just by putting it in this code. My advice is to contact a rtm dev on the subject, to find out how to implement these commands corresponding to the instructions.

Maybe you can open a non-encrypted tool and view the properties of the file to see how the code is implemented with that menu. There are many scripts that have the same commands for opening/closing. You could "copy" the code and give credit.

Its fine for everyone else its just SQUARES for me though.
05-28-2015, 11:46 PM #4
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
Its fine for everyone else its just SQUARES for me though.

Personally, I haven't tried the "shark's zombieland" gsc injection, so i can't speak for myself.
Although I do have some ideas for how you might be able to fix it, since i've had similar issues in the past.

It might seem strange, although one of these might work:

• Resetting PS3/Re-Injecting (Are you using SPRX injector or GSC Studio?)
• Changing your controller layout in-game settings (Some menus use controller layout for menu controls)
• Test alone in custom games first (Might be client overflow)
• Wrong/Faulty injector
• Incomplete _clientids.gsc file download (File was downloaded incorrectly, so redownload)
• Don't have your name RTM'd. This is important because many GSC scripts/RTM tools can't decide if you're host or not when your name is changed. Therefore, the menu might not read you as a host and it only gives partial amounts of the menu/zombie gamemode.

Here are some zombieland edits you could try instead of the official one by Shark. There's a good chance that since there's some code difference, that it will run better.

Edit By SneakerStreet
You must login or register to view this content.

Edit By Exelo

Edit By Skonafid

One of the bulleted ideas should answer your problem. If not, then maybe you should just try one of those Zombieland edits made by others instead. You shouldn't need to edit the script to make custom controls. It's ridiculous haha.. Tell me if any of these work, or if i'm not understanding/answering your question correctly.

- Sinatra
Last edited by Young Jedi ; 05-29-2015 at 12:11 AM.
05-29-2015, 12:15 AM #5
Originally posted by Young
Personally, I haven't tried the "shark's zombieland" gsc injection, so i can't speak for myself.
Although I do have some ideas for how you might be able to fix it, since i've had similar issues in the past.

It might seem strange, although one of these might work:

• Resetting PS3/Re-Injecting (Are you using SPRX injector or GSC Studio?)
• Changing your controller layout in-game settings (Some menus use controller layout for menu controls)
• Test alone in custom games first (Might be client overflow)
• Wrong/Faulty injector
• Incomplete _clientids.gsc file download (File was downloaded incorrectly, so redownload)
• Don't have your name RTM'd. This is important because many GSC scripts/RTM tools can't decide if you're host or not when your name is changed. Therefore, the menu might not read you as a host and it only gives partial amounts of the menu/zombie gamemode.

Here are some zombieland edits you could try instead of the official one by Shark. There's a good chance that since there's some code difference, that it will run better.

Edit By SneakerStreet

Edit By Exelo

Edit By Skonafid

One of the bulleted ideas should answer your problem. If not, then maybe you should just try one of those Zombieland edits made by others instead. You shouldn't need to edit the script to make custom controls. It's ridiculous haha.. Tell me if any of these work, or if i'm not understanding/answering your question correctly.

- Sinatra

tried thoes what are your sugestions ??
05-29-2015, 12:40 AM #6
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
tried thoes what are your sugestions ??

You tried the zombieland edits as well as the bulleted suggestions? Other than that, i'm afraid it's something to do with a user error. Just wait for another zombieland release or make your own edit/ask other developers for help. Honestly, I used to host Mw2/Mw3 Zombieland games, and it's not that fun anyways. It's too much work, and i've given you the best answer you'll receive above. Goodluck!
05-29-2015, 05:40 AM #7
HiddenHour
I defeated!
I believe that this is an EBOOT issue.
05-29-2015, 06:03 PM #8
FRINZ
I’m too L33T
did you messaroundwith other stuff inb forgefunction.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo