01-28-2016, 01:15 AM #1
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a question regarding random freezing with my private menu.

My menu works fine for hours before freezing occurs,sometimes ill freeze after 2 hours...sometimes 4 hours ( sometimes longer ),i always push the lobbies by using heaps of forge functions and so forth.

Question is...would the random freezing possibly be due to a function that is continuously looping?....or maybe an overflow issue?

I also tried every function in the menu to see if a certain function would cause the freeze issue to occur,however,the menu didn't freeze for like 3 hours after trying all the functions?
01-28-2016, 01:33 AM #2
Originally posted by AUS View Post
I have a question regarding random freezing with my private menu.

My menu works fine for hours before freezing occurs,sometimes ill freeze after 2 hours...sometimes 4 hours ( sometimes longer ),i always push the lobbies by using heaps of forge functions and so forth.

Question is...would the random freezing possibly be due to a function that is continuously looping?....or maybe an overflow issue?

I also tried every function in the menu to see if a certain function would cause the freeze issue to occur,however,the menu didn't freeze for like 3 hours after trying all the functions?

Game shouldn't ever freeze randomly, it's got to be something in your script, would most likely be caused by something looping if it's not happening when you immediately hit an option, there's many things that can cause freezing. You'd normally get a message if anything were to overflow

The following 2 users say thank you to John for this useful post:

DF_AUS, UnknownKiller
01-28-2016, 01:39 AM #3
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by John View Post
Game shouldn't ever freeze randomly, it's got to be something in your script, would most likely be caused by something looping if it's not happening when you immediately hit an option, there's many things that can cause freezing. You'd normally get a message if anything were to overflow

Yeah i never receive an overflow error msg,its an instant random freeze,i tried every function in the menu to narrow down the issue with no success,the menu froze a few hours afterwards,ill go over the scripts again to see if i can notice an issue.
01-28-2016, 03:55 AM #4
anthonything
Space Ninja
The game naturally uses resources as the game continues, and because treyarch did not optimize some of those resources (such as graphical components) the system will naturally run out of space and you will freeze. It is like that with everything.

The following 2 users say thank you to anthonything for this useful post:

DF_AUS, MrMoan
01-28-2016, 10:27 PM #5
-Numb
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by AUS View Post
Yeah i never receive an overflow error msg,its an instant random freeze,i tried every function in the menu to narrow down the issue with no success,the menu froze a few hours afterwards,ill go over the scripts again to see if i can notice an issue.

It might be that its just your PS3 that overheats aswell, and that it has nothing to do with the script or the game.
It happens sometimes for me, but on other games aswell. I increased the fan speed and it haven't happened since that.

The following user thanked -Numb for this useful post:

DF_AUS
01-28-2016, 10:56 PM #6
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Numb View Post
It might be that its just your PS3 that overheats aswell, and that it has nothing to do with the script or the game.
It happens sometimes for me, but on other games aswell. I increased the fan speed and it haven't happened since that.

Could be the case with some others...but my Ps3 runs fine,i have Artic silver 5 thermal compound applied to the CPU/GPU with fan control utility running via Webman,my CPU/RSX temps range from 50-55c.
02-05-2016, 03:17 AM #7
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Thread can be closed as issue was located and sorted.

Mistakenly placed " self endon("disconect"); " with 1 " n " instead of 2 " Disconnect" on a function, if the function was given to a player and they either left the game OR disconnected i would freeze...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo