04-27-2017, 11:18 AM #1
ODLeslie
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); When i use "veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car01_clean" ( thanks to extinct for the model ), it spawns the one model i want but theres no "entity", so basically it spawns the model but its not a solid object ( you can walk through it )

What i'm after is how to spawn in the entity/model like the cars already on the map, solid & not walk through able. Without it looking like:

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by ODLeslie ; 04-28-2017 at 10:01 AM.
04-27-2017, 12:36 PM #2
Patrick
League Champion
Originally posted by ODLeslie View Post
When I spawn an entity from the current map i'm on in ( we'll use "veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car01_whole" / Nuketown car as an example ), it spawns both a blown up and a normal / not blown up model together into the game.
Curious as to why and how can this be resolved so that it's just the normal, not blown up model?

Photo: You must login or register to view this content.

Cheers in advanced, been out of GSC for about a year, not as familiar with it as i used to be. Wtf

veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car01_clean
veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car01_whole
veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car02_clean
veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car02_whole

I assume you would need to use the 'clean' model Smile lmk!

The following user thanked Patrick for this useful post:

ODLeslie
04-27-2017, 11:32 PM #3
ODLeslie
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Patrick View Post
veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car01_clean
veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car01_whole
veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car02_clean
veh_t6_nuketown_2020_car02_whole

I assume you would need to use the 'clean' model Smile lmk!

Thank you, that was it, just now it wont spawn the entity, just spawns the model if ya know what i mean (its walk-through-able), a solutions probably right in front of my eyes but i'm only just getting back into GSC so i wouldn't know lol
04-28-2017, 07:30 AM #4
anthonything
Space Ninja
Thank you, that was it, just now it wont spawn the entity, just spawns the model if ya know what i mean (its walk-through-able), a solutions probably right in front of my eyes but i'm only just getting back into GSC so i wouldn't know lol

For most models, you need to put a collision over it. There are some that you can call Solid() on, so you might want to try that as well.

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

ODLeslie
04-28-2017, 09:47 AM #5
ODLeslie
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by DamnMagician View Post
For most models, you need to put a collision over it. There are some that you can call Solid() on, so you might want to try that as well.

Oh I see, thank you Enzo

Edit: I've tested it, not sure why but didnt seem to work with the nuketown cars, looks like they're 2 of the models you cant call it on Sleepy Head
Last edited by ODLeslie ; 04-28-2017 at 10:11 AM.
04-28-2017, 10:24 AM #6
anthonything
Space Ninja
Oh I see, thank you Enzo

Edit: I've tested it, not sure why but didnt seem to work with the nuketown cars, looks like they're 2 of the models you cant call it on Sleepy Head

Put a collision on it. Give the car a targetname, spawn a collision and put the collision's .target as the targetname of the car. Should at least add a box collision

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

ODLeslie

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo