This is just a mega thread I'm going to put together to compile all of the confirmed and rumoured details about black ops two!
First off here is the reveal trailer, feel free to watch it!
Rumours will have green text.
- Confirmed Release Date: EU: 13.11/2012 US: 11.13/2012
- World Reveal Campaign: EU: 1.5/2012 US: 5.1/2012
- World Reveal Zombies: To Be Announced
- World Reveal Multiplayer: To Be Announced
- Genre: First Person Shooter (FPS)
- Time Period: Futuristic 21st Century Combat
- Platforms: PS3, PC, 360 and Wii U
- Handheld Platforms: PS Vita
- Developer: Treyarch
- Publisher: Activision
- Treyarch will prioritize 60 FPS over visual details
- PC version will have rented dedicated servers
- Will likely utilize a modified version of the Black Ops engine
- New, more recent 3D technologies will be utilized, including, HDR, Reveal Mapping and Self-Shadowing
- PC version will also utilize DirectX 11
- Map design will have identifiable landmarks, making it easier to identify your location
- Combat Training will return
- Treyarch has been working on their own anti-cheat tool
- The game will not have a beta
- CoD: Elite will be fully integrated in the game
- Zombie mode will be built around the multiplayer engine
- A Hardened version will be for sale for consoles*
Further Stuff to Read
The majority of the campaign likely takes place in a futuristic setting, more specifically in the year 2025. The reveal trailer showed a very mechanical warfare where "technology got stronger, but we got weaker"
"What happens when the enemy steals the keys?"
The trailer describes the enemy turning the American military technology against their own.
The campaign will feature two time periods, the main one is the aforementioned 2025, and the other one will be set in the 80's near the end of the Cold War.
The campaign will have two protagonists, Alex Mason will be a controllable character during the 80's period, and his son David Mason will be the main character during the 2025 period. The presumed KIA soldier, Frank Woods will be the campaign narrator.
The villain will be a man named Raul Menendez, who in 2025 is pitting the Chinese and US governments against each other by hacking into their drones and other robotic weapons.
Raul Menendez will appear in both time periods.
In addition to the usual playthrough, Treyarch have juiced up the campaign with additional Strike Force missions, opting for a more non-linear playthrough.
- "Singapore" (Strike Mission)
- "Protect P.O.T.U.S (Regular Mission)
- Built around the multiplayer engine
- Host migration is likely
- Female Character[s]
- Classic Survival Mode
- 4vs4 mode - Teams fight against each other, in addition to zombie hordes
- 8 player Co-op, competitive play.
- Bigger maps
Create-A-Class in Black Ops 2 will be built around a 10 point allocation system.
Every player is granted 10 allocation points, and each item is worth a set, depending on their usefulness. A primary weapon would possibly be worth from 3-5 allocation points, while a perk could be worth 1-2 points.
Certain elements of your class can be sacrificed for something else. Not feeling like carrying around a frag grenade? Use your leftover point for a weapon attachment instead.
- Team Deathmatch
- Aftermath: set in a ruined downtown LA area
- Unnamed map: naturalistic map located in a village in Yemen
Perk List (Whole thing is unconfirmed)
Enemies shooting at you with silenced weapons will still appear on your mini-map, but only if they are nearby.
You can hold two knives, meaning you pull of melee kills faster
Your accuracy while standing upright is just as good as shooting while prone
- Deep Impact
Bullets penetrate through surfaces with greater success.
can throw grenades and equipment further.
you can shoot while diving to prone
- Escape Artist
can fake death when going prone, but you sacrifice the option of shooting.
You can shoot while sprinting, although the accuracy is drastically reduced
Your airborne killstreak kills count towards your overall killstreak chain
appear as an ally on the enemy mini-map.
Ground-based killstreak kills count towards your overall killstreak chain
- X-Ray ACOG
- Quadrocopter "Charlene"
- X-47 Pegasus
- ACOG Scope
- Red Dot Sight
- Extended Mags
- Select Fire
- Fast Mag
- Reflex Sight
- X-Ray Scope
- Frag Grenade
- EMP Grenade
- Assault Rifles
- QBZ-95 (Type-95)
- FN SCAR-H
- CAR-15 Commando
- Type 25
- Steyr ACR
- KH2002/Steyr ACR/FAMAS G2
- Submachine Guns
- Vector K10
- Chicom QCB
- Winchester Model 1887
- Sniper Rifles
- Storm PSR
- Light Machine Guns
- Mk 48
- Unconfirmed LMG
- Machine Pistols
- KAP-40 (KARD)
- Unconfirmed Handgun
thanks for reading, if you have any more info that you would like me to add, please let me know!!