09-13-2016, 03:39 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); There is no virus -John

Hello everyone, so today I went on Black Ops 2 to do some modding, I opened Terminus to inject Project TCM v10 into my game. Upon hitting the TMAPI button, the PS3 Connection fails and seconds later this "Rictus" process opens. On my computer it only opens for a second and then disappears (I was able to get the screenshot before AVG attempted to remove it)
You must login or register to view this content.

Every now and then the PS3 connnection will connect and attach successfully but then as soon as AVG detects this virus and removes it, Terminus stops responding (if it connected successfully).
Here's a screenshot of AVG removing this virus.

Yes, you could claim it a false positive. You could also say that because my AVG version is free that it's not doing what it'd be doing if it was a premium version. However, as I temporarily disable AVG and try to use Terminus to inject Project TCM V10, this happens;

As I hit cancel they keep popping up. If I do it this way, then re-enable AVG, the virus injects itself somewhere else as AVG removes it until these "sound.exe" file warnings are completely closed.

Further note, to clarify, this "Rictus" process is NOT the Terminus process itself. Here's the Terminus process. This stuff does not pop up on my computer unless Terminus is open and being used.

So finally, is Terminus, safe to use? You be the judge. I know one thing is, I'm getting rid of it ASAP.
If you still would like to use Project TCM v10 without the need of Terminus, here's a download link for the "maps/mp" directory.

And I do apologize if this is in the wrong category.
Last edited by John ; 09-13-2016 at 10:18 PM.

The following user thanked TheSourDzL for this useful post:

vChainMods

The following 3 users groaned at TheSourDzL for this awful post:

anthonything, Geo, hacking247
09-13-2016, 05:34 PM #2
vChainMods
Little One
Thank You Man I Had this 4 times Smile i was wondering what was it and i finally new that is was ( maybe not sure ) that Smile i didnt post it but you did , Winky Winky
09-13-2016, 06:22 PM #3
Originally posted by TheSourDzL View Post
Hello everyone, so today I went on Black Ops 2 to do some modding, I opened Terminus to inject Project TCM v10 into my game. Upon hitting the TMAPI button, the PS3 Connection fails and seconds later this "Rictus" process opens. On my computer it only opens for a second and then disappears (I was able to get the screenshot before AVG attempted to remove it)

Every now and then the PS3 connnection will connect and attach successfully but then as soon as AVG detects this virus and removes it, Terminus stops responding (if it connected successfully).

Yes, you could claim it a false positive. You could also say that because my AVG version is free that it's not doing what it'd be doing if it was a premium version. However, as I temporarily disable AVG and try to use Terminus to inject Project TCM V10, this happens;

As I hit cancel they keep popping up. If I do it this way, then re-enable AVG, the virus injects itself somewhere else as AVG removes it until these "sound.exe" file warnings are completely closed.

Further note, to clarify, this "Rictus" process is NOT the Terminus process itself. Here's the Terminus process. This stuff does not pop up on my computer unless Terminus is open and being used.

So finally, is Terminus, safe to use? You be the judge. I know one thing is, I'm getting rid of it ASAP.
If you still would like to use Project TCM v10 without the need of Terminus, here's a download link for the "maps/mp" directory.

Thats good to know ... but can someone verify this "process" is a real threat or something like that. Considering that I have used that injector with two different quality paid AV's and neither saw any issue with this program unlike dozens of other RTM tools. I would be surprised if the guy who developed the injector snuck in something malicious, given where he stands on NGU.

The following user thanked Nothingbutbread for this useful post:

anthonything
09-13-2016, 06:23 PM #4

I dont know if this was a troll or a way to get people to not use this but i can ensure you that terminus doesnt drop malware. please make sure you get the software form the right person and not a third party site.

Updated binary:
No sandboxie:

With sandboxie:

Please Note the wistip and x264 is gyazo

Also if you wish to ever see if a site connects to a host and/or drops files please scan it on the You must login or register to view this content.

Last edited by hacking247 ; 09-13-2016 at 06:38 PM.
09-13-2016, 06:36 PM #5
vChainMods
Little One
I Think itll come l8er and its not a troll cz i had it
09-13-2016, 09:34 PM #6
Revoked
Do a barrel roll!
damn great find
09-13-2016, 10:17 PM #7

There's nothing wrong with it. There is no virus in terminus.
I've decompiled the release version and looked through it.
This virus or whatever is coming from elsewhere.
You can take a look at the source here You must login or register to view this content.
Yes, I know he included the source in his download link but the release version and source aren't always in-sync

The following 3 users say thank you to John for this useful post:

anthonything, basshead4ever, Kronos
09-14-2016, 01:33 AM #8
Specter
Pro Memer
As pointed out by John, terminus itself does not contain a virus. Gonna close this for now.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo