09-29-2015, 11:37 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have 2 routers. One is in my living room and is a NETGEAR router. I made a network repeater with another NETGEAR router with DDWRT and enabled UPNP on both. But somehow, when I run Bo2, my NAT is Strict. I have enabled the ports for Bo2 on my repeater but it won't let me on my other router because the PS3's IP isn't in the system. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Smile
09-30-2015, 04:28 AM #2
Originally posted by itsNebulah View Post
I have 2 routers. One is in my living room and is a NETGEAR router. I made a network repeater with another NETGEAR router with DDWRT and enabled UPNP on both. But somehow, when I run Bo2, my NAT is Strict. I have enabled the ports for Bo2 on my repeater but it won't let me on my other router because the PS3's IP isn't in the system. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Smile

how u assigning a ip to ur ps3 ? manually ? or automatic via router ?
09-30-2015, 06:40 AM #3
Adrian
Adrian is back!
I have 2 routers. One is in my living room and is a NETGEAR router. I made a network repeater with another NETGEAR router with DDWRT and enabled UPNP on both. But somehow, when I run Bo2, my NAT is Strict. I have enabled the ports for Bo2 on my repeater but it won't let me on my other router because the PS3's IP isn't in the system. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Smile

For some reason when my UPNP is enabled i get a STRICT NAT, maybe that could be the problem.
10-01-2015, 01:05 AM #4
Originally posted by qamartheone View Post
how u assigning a ip to ur ps3 ? manually ? or automatic via router ?

Automatic
10-01-2015, 01:05 AM #5
Originally posted by Adrian View Post
For some reason when my UPNP is enabled i get a STRICT NAT, maybe that could be the problem.

Should I disable it, or try new settings. I heard something about a DMZ server, I wonder if that would help.
10-01-2015, 11:24 PM #6
//Bump

Question not answered
10-03-2015, 11:29 PM #7
Should I disable it, or try new settings. I heard something about a DMZ server, I wonder if that would help.

You can put the ps3 on DMZ and then the NAT Type should be open... Without it my NAT Type is moderate
10-04-2015, 03:50 AM #8
Chris
Former Staff

Thread moved to Black Ops 2 Questions section.
10-26-2015, 07:29 AM #9
Fina
I am error
My NAT changes at weird times ( from moderate to strict and vice versa) I think this is because of the internet having slower and faster pings. Not sure tho
10-28-2015, 04:30 PM #10
maureno
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by v
My NAT changes at weird times ( from moderate to strict and vice versa) I think this is because of the internet having slower and faster pings. Not sure tho

reason you get strict is because there is way to many equipment connected to your router that use wifi example: laptop,pc,phones,tv and so on
most of them have an ip range between 192.168.1.0 and 40 if you go to your ps3's internet settings go to custom and set a static ip to your ps3 (i use 192.168.1.160) then
you would have more often a better nat because there will never be something that conntects with 160 and above to your router anyway in order to always get open
use dmz mode and set the dmz mode to your ps3's new static ip Winky Winky

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo