12-19-2012, 12:38 PM #1
iBr4ve
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In this thread I'll be explaining what's known about the Black Ops 2 Zombies ranking system. I will update the thread with new information once I know about it. Please do reply or send me a message if you think any of this information is incorrect or if there is something you think should be added.

Ranking System
Players have to ability to rank up during the Zombie mode of Black Ops 2. You increase your rank by performing well overall and maintaining a high Kill / Death Ratio. Your KDR has a great impact on your ranking.

Every player starts with the same rank and can rank up 4 times.

Rank 1: Wooden Shield with 1 Bone
Rank 2: Wooden Shield with 2 Bones Crossing
Rank 3: Wooden Shield with Skull
Rank 4: Metal Shield with Skull + Knife
Rank 5: Metal Shield with Skull + 2 Guns

You must login or register to view this content.

You can see how close you are from entering the next rank by the tally marks on the top left of your ranking. Your rank starts with no tally marks and goes all the way up to 5 tally marks, at this stage you will also gain the blue eyes with the emblems that contain the skull (rank 3,4 and 5). After 5 tally marks you will jump to the next rank.

Deranking System
Performance: As mentioned above, your KDR has a great impact on your ranking. When your KDR goes down and / or you perform below your average, your rank will go down. How much it goes down by depends entirely on how poorly you performed. Don't look surprised when you lose a few tally marks at a time.

Time: When you don't play Zombies mode for a 24 period you will start losing your ranking. The rate at which you lose your ranking is 1 tally mark per 24 hour period. It is possible to lose your main ranking & tally marks.

For example: Say your current rank is the Shield with Skull and 4 tally marks. If you go don't play the Zombies mode for 24 hours, you will drop down to Shield with Skull and 3 tally marks. If you don't play for another 4 days, you will only drop down to the Skull with Shield and 0 tally marks. You won't drop down to the Shield with the Crossing Bones.

The ranking system is updated at 12 AM GMT (7 PM EST). This is the exact time you will lose a tally mark if you haven't played for 24 hours.

Updated [12/20/12]: You CAN loose your main rank if you loose all your tally marks. (Thanks Jake)

Official Thread: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by iBr4ve ; 12-20-2012 at 09:14 AM.

The following user thanked iBr4ve for this useful post:

BlanCrossed
12-22-2012, 06:15 PM #20
mrcl0wn
Do a barrel roll!
Im tired of hearing everyone say the k/d plays a factor bc it doesnt. explain to me why I am the knife rank with a 194 k/d and a guy with a 102 k/d and wayyyy less kills and way worse stats n less games played has double shotguns.... and another guy on my list has a 264 k/d and twice the kills of me but only has a knife w skull. these ranking systems suck n make no sense.

The following user thanked mrcl0wn for this useful post:

Im Your Upgrade
12-22-2012, 06:25 PM #21
Thanks appreciate the info never really knew how the ranking system worked
12-22-2012, 08:39 PM #22
NinjaBoi1337
Bounty hunter
Nice Thread Mate.
01-21-2013, 05:03 AM #23
Just got the shotguns on a Round 32 Solo Tranzit. 1400+ kills, 1100+ headshots, 2 downs, 1 revive.

My stats after the game are:
Kills - 18254
Downs - 36 Kd Ratio: 507
Accuracy - 117%
Headshots - 61%
Revives - 196
Doors - 174
Perks - 85
Grenade Kills - 557
Traveled Miles - 167

Hope this helps someone figure out the ranking system.
Btw.. My highest round is 43 solo, and consistently reach 30+
01-21-2013, 10:27 AM #24
KaReM-D
Big Daddy
you losse tally mask and blue eye you can't losse ur icon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo