10-31-2012, 03:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so I have a question since this will be my first midnight release. For US people who have been to a midnight release before, which is better: Gamestop or Best Buy?

I have a choice between the two and was wondering which was the best experience (faster service, shorter lines ... etc.). I know stores vary, but I want a general opinion.

My Best Buy and Gamestop are like 5 minutes apart and the Gamestop is in a mall if it matters. Which do you recommend I pre-order/midnight release from?

It's not the end of the world either way, but I'm curious.
10-31-2012, 04:06 AM #2
Goone
Looking for Suzzy
Best buy. For some reason alot more people go to gamestop around where I live and it leaves a smaller line in Best Buy. But when I say smallER i'm not saying SMALL. Don't get me wrong but, both lines will still be long our best bet is to think of some stores (like shoppers drug mart in canada where I live) sells it midnight release but doesn't advertise it.
10-31-2012, 04:07 AM #3
Originally posted by Stone View Post
Ok so I have a question since this will be my first midnight release. For US people who have been to a midnight release before, which is better: Gamestop or Best Buy?

I have a choice between the two and was wondering which was the best experience (faster service, shorter lines ... etc.). I know stores vary, but I want a general opinion.

My Best Buy and Gamestop are like 5 minutes apart and the Gamestop is in a mall if it matters. Which do you recommend I pre-order/midnight release from?

both are going to be long.... but you should try best buy its bigger and more ppl and mmore ppl would be going to gamestop anyways
10-31-2012, 09:10 AM #4
GameStop is less busy in my area, and the mall is right by my place which makes it easier for me.
10-31-2012, 12:16 PM #5
maps4890
ア丂刀 ︻デ═一
Last year when I went to best buy for mw3, it was really fast. Around 11pm they would let the line go in to buy it, (need preorder receipt)then they give you a receipt for buying it fully, then you go back outside (maybe not outside for you) to wait for 12 pm. When it was 12 pm , you would walk up to the door and show them your fully paid receipt, they will mark it with a marker and give you a copy of the game. Lol I was back playing the game before 12:30pm. Not sure about gamestop, but I think they have a bunch of people giving away free stuff...
10-31-2012, 12:37 PM #6
BestBuy. Last year they formed 2 lines. 1 for preorder and 1 for people just wanting to get the game. Plus they had a free for all tournment and the winner gets a free hardened edition. I was at home by 12:20.

There was a GameStop in the same area as the BB and that line was wrapped around looking like a black friday sale going on.
10-31-2012, 05:07 PM #7
Hovo
Haxor!
Mall may not stay open ask them if there having it. none of the malls near me stay open for gamestops midnight releases
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM #8
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by Stone View Post
Ok so I have a question since this will be my first midnight release. For US people who have been to a midnight release before, which is better: Gamestop or Best Buy?

I know you listed best buy or gamestop, but if you could I would see if your local walmart is doing anything. For mw3 I showed up about 20-30 minutes after midnight, went in the store and a couple people were running to the front saying there were at-least 60+ people in line at the back and that they were opening registers in the front. They opened 3 or 4 registers and each in the front had about 10-16 copies per console. I got my two copies and left, but to be honest the next day they were in stock on the shelves. So I think they had more than enough copies to go around.
10-31-2012, 07:48 PM #9
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by Kidd
I know you listed best buy or gamestop, but if you could I would see if your local walmart is doing anything. For mw3 I showed up about 20-30 minutes after midnight, went in the store and a couple people were running to the front saying there were at-least 60+ people in line at the back and that they were opening registers in the front. They opened 3 or 4 registers and each in the front had about 10-16 copies per console. I got my two copies and left, but to be honest the next day they were in stock on the shelves. So I think they had more than enough copies to go around.

I usually REFUSE to do Walmart lol.

But I went to Walmart to get the first Black Ops game. Got in line at 11:00pm and there were about 75 people ahead. By midnight there was probably 300 of us. So Walmart usually haves enough copies and they do have multiple lines but there about as busy as Best Buy would be. The only good benefit of Walmart is you can grab your Mountain Dew or alcohol, snacks and get ready to go no life for about 12 hours
10-31-2012, 08:00 PM #10
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by Justice View Post
I usually REFUSE to do Walmart lol.

But I went to Walmart to get the first Black Ops game. Got in line at 11:00pm and there were about 75 people ahead. By midnight there was probably 300 of us. So Walmart usually haves enough copies and they do have multiple lines but there about as busy as Best Buy would be. The only good benefit of Walmart is you can grab your Mountain Dew or alcohol, snacks and get ready to go no life for about 12 hours

Yeah I suppose the can be busy... I got there late, it wasn't really busy as more as people just running about and fucking around. I'm certain that half the people that were screwing around in the store already had their games, but they wanted to have some fun while it lasted. I wasn't there more than 5 minutes. But again that is just my experience.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo