Post: Thought for the day : Long nights and assault rifles
02-02-2013, 01:33 AM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Something that's been on my mind for a couple of weeks now apart from headshots. Gah I hate that challenge with a passion now shocked my k.d still positive aiming for the head on a lot of guns is pointless and gets you killed.
Is assault rifles and the under use of them. Having a hard time trying to work out why they are not used more.
Think I worked out the reasons why it all due to design reasons from attachments and to a point map design. That in my mind not a good enough reason not to use assault rifles.
Not sure a lot of people are going to care if I make a post about that and pretty obvious in my eyes.

Assault rifles in this game are pretty good , ok at close range a lot of them suffer. But the maps are designed more for mid range/MLG clipping playstyles and being semi aggressive roles which the assault rifles fit.
So why the under use of assault rifles , think it partly done to the illusion the maps are small.
Maybe it's just me a person who likes to use every gun in the game. And I can change my playstyle along with load outs to suit a gun.
Right now I have 6 out of 9 assault rifles gold , the only ones to go is the M8A1 (Have fun with headshots) , AN94 (Not used it much at all) and the type 25 (Love or hate).
Enjoyed getting the challenges done apart from the long shots , which don't go with my playstyle of being semi aggressive and impatient sort of makes it a grind.

One thing has been clear small changes equal massive changes to the metagame.
Even with the most weak guns in call of duty history you still die super fast. Think that shows your weapon number changes without other core changes don't change the game too much.

May do a post on assault rifles sooner over later , couple gems in that class.
So far I found myself using all the gun classes apart from snipers often don't understand it. So my question is why the lack of AR use ?

Hoping to get back into the grind for Call Of Duty when my new router gets here.
Last edited by ResistTheSun ; 02-02-2013 at 05:02 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

F34RSUM, Rath
02-02-2013, 01:47 AM #2
Andros
Body Language Expert
I never aim for the head, I aim for the upper torso and the recoil does the rest..
02-02-2013, 01:59 AM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Andros View Post
I never aim for the head, I aim for the upper torso and the recoil does the rest..

Old habit :(
I should do that but it a old habit back when headshots was useful. I started to move out of doing it but sometimes it the first thing I aim at.
02-02-2013, 04:59 AM #4
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Simple, the most effective strategy is being aggressive with SMGs. On MW2 and BO I was 90% assault rifles. On MW3 I was 60% Assault Rifle and 40% SMG. Now on BO2 I am 80% SMG simply because objective orientated kills and being in the enemy spawn is how to get tons of kills. In previous CODs you could be successful being defensive, camping or aggressive but in this game aggression is really the only way.

I have generally been a burst or single shot assault rifle guy so I love the FAL. However, a guy spawning behind me or spraying me with SMG makes using it less effective for me. The first week I played with FAL and was aggressive yet defensive and it just wasn't worth it. I would get maybe 250 away from VSAT then get flanked since spawns are very unpredictable at times and kill confirm, and how neutered Ghost is makes SMGs way more beneficial.

Contrary to the community narrative the majority of players rush and with the way Ghost works you need to move as fast as possible. I know all flank routes now so that actually makes using Assault Rifles and even LMGa easier because I know where people will rush. The FAL, AN94, M27 and maybe SWAT are only AR worth using.

The funniest thing is how people complained in previous COD about AR dominance but now that SMGs are more conducive to success people like that too.

Once more DLC comes out and we get bored with SMGs we'll use AR. The lowest streak I run is Lightning or VSAT and playing with SMGs makes that easier to get. Especially the way connections in this game go.
02-02-2013, 07:42 AM #5
yeah im liking just using the assault weapons. pretty fun for right now
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM #6
VioletShade
Can’t trickshot me!
I am going for diamond ARs atm and i have to say i enjoy using them, i just got done with the FAL and i have to say weapons that are semi-auto are hardest for me to get headshots with because of their low recoil as i rely on it too much when i shoot the upper torso. Other than that i still get decent scores etc... when using them so i do not see a problem with them
02-04-2013, 07:11 PM #7
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Something that's been on my mind for a couple of weeks now apart from headshots. Gah I hate that challenge with a passion now shocked my k.d still positive aiming for the head on a lot of guns is pointless and gets you killed.
Is assault rifles and the under use of them. Having a hard time trying to work out why they are not used more.
Think I worked out the reasons why it all due to design reasons from attachments and to a point map design. That in my mind not a good enough reason not to use assault rifles.
Not sure a lot of people are going to care if I make a post about that and pretty obvious in my eyes.

Assault rifles in this game are pretty good , ok at close range a lot of them suffer. But the maps are designed more for mid range/MLG clipping playstyles and being semi aggressive roles which the assault rifles fit.
So why the under use of assault rifles , think it partly done to the illusion the maps are small.
Maybe it's just me a person who likes to use every gun in the game. And I can change my playstyle along with load outs to suit a gun.
Right now I have 6 out of 9 assault rifles gold , the only ones to go is the M8A1 (Have fun with headshots) , AN94 (Not used it much at all) and the type 25 (Love or hate).
Enjoyed getting the challenges done apart from the long shots , which don't go with my playstyle of being semi aggressive and impatient sort of makes it a grind.

One thing has been clear small changes equal massive changes to the metagame.
Even with the most weak guns in call of duty history you still die super fast. Think that shows your weapon number changes without other core changes don't change the game too much.

May do a post on assault rifles sooner over later , couple gems in that class.
So far I found myself using all the gun classes apart from snipers often don't understand it. So my question is why the lack of AR use ?

Hoping to get back into the grind for Call Of Duty when my new router gets here.

Really good post bro. I've recently have been using ARs myself. Mainly to get them gold and eventually diamond. And you rarely see anyone using assault rifles it's always SMGs.. primarily the PDW. Without a doubt Black Ops 2 is a SMG game and there is no way of getting around it. Unless someone big on YouTube decides to upload a video saying "z0mg guise dis gun n dis with dis and that with dis is am@az1ng" then people will start using assault rifles.

Now onto myself a bit more lol. Honestly I wish I was a passive player who doesn't care about stats. Back on WaW and Mw2 K/D didn't bother me all that much, winning and getting good kills and finishing challenges was all me. But now I evolved like a Pokemon into this aggressive hot headed doucebag Call of Duty gamer lol. Hopefully the more I use the assault rifles the more I'll get back to the old me and enjoy the game, grind out challenges and live a nice happy life haha.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Originally posted by Justice View Post
Simple, the most effective strategy is being aggressive with SMGs. On MW2 and BO I was 90% assault rifles. On MW3 I was 60% Assault Rifle and 40% SMG. Now on BO2 I am 80% SMG simply because objective orientated kills and being in the enemy spawn is how to get tons of kills. In previous CODs you could be successful being defensive, camping or aggressive but in this game aggression is really the only way.

I have generally been a burst or single shot assault rifle guy so I love the FAL. However, a guy spawning behind me or spraying me with SMG makes using it less effective for me. The first week I played with FAL and was aggressive yet defensive and it just wasn't worth it. I would get maybe 250 away from VSAT then get flanked since spawns are very unpredictable at times and kill confirm, and how neutered Ghost is makes SMGs way more beneficial.

Contrary to the community narrative the majority of players rush and with the way Ghost works you need to move as fast as possible. I know all flank routes now so that actually makes using Assault Rifles and even LMGa easier because I know where people will rush. The FAL, AN94, M27 and maybe SWAT are only AR worth using.

The funniest thing is how people complained in previous COD about AR dominance but now that SMGs are more conducive to success people like that too.

Once more DLC comes out and we get bored with SMGs we'll use AR. The lowest streak I run is Lightning or VSAT and playing with SMGs makes that easier to get. Especially the way connections in this game go.

I wonder how long it will take for more and more people to start bitching about the fast paced agressive play style. Honestly I hate it... back when I was younger I could match pace and rush, push spawns and be overall.. agressive. It's almost like I've been playing the Call of Duty titles in reverse... from agressive and constantly rushing about or spawn killing to passive and going for the objective no matter how many times I die. Mind you that I'm raging like a bitch on her period by then lol.

But I must agree though with guns.. we were pretty much matched. However I only started using ARs after I got the gold title for the UMP-45 lol. Unless I was going for a nuke than I'd use an assault rifle to give me more accurate long range capabilities with nice power and good close range power.. usually the Tar-21 or the AK-47. :p
02-04-2013, 08:27 PM #8
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by RathHavoc View Post
Really good post bro. I've recently have been using ARs myself. Mainly to get them gold and eventually diamond. And you rarely see anyone using assault rifles it's always SMGs.. primarily the PDW. Without a doubt Black Ops 2 is a SMG game and there is no way of getting around it. Unless someone big on YouTube decides to upload a video saying "z0mg guise dis gun n dis with dis and that with dis is am@az1ng" then people will start using assault rifles.

Now onto myself a bit more lol. Honestly I wish I was a passive player who doesn't care about stats. Back on WaW and Mw2 K/D didn't bother me all that much, winning and getting good kills and finishing challenges was all me. But now I evolved like a Pokemon into this aggressive hot headed doucebag Call of Duty gamer lol. Hopefully th

I wonder how long it will take for more and more people to start bitching about the fast paced agressive play style. Honestly I hate it... back when I was younger I could match pace and rush, push spawns and be overall.. agressive. It's almost like I've been playing the Call of Duty titles in reverse... from agressive and constantly rushing about or spawn killing to passive and going for the objective no matter how many times I die. Mind you that I'm raging like a bitch on her period by then lol.

But I must agree though with guns.. we were pretty much matched. However I only started using ARs after I got the gold title for the UMP-45 lol. Unless I was going for a nuke than I'd use an assault rifle to give me more accurate long range capabilities with nice power and good close range power.. usually the Tar-21 or the AK-47. :p

Yeah I was definitely worse at W@W and MW2 as those were my first COD games. I ran around a lot just pressing buttons but that game had so much shit that could kill you.

I consider myself aggressive and an objective killwhore. I like getting kills and playing with other good players to help ensure win. Most that sweat over "objective" play too much are usually bad. You don't usually have to choose between being objective or getting kills especially in MW3 and BO2. Every 5-6 games you might have to really grind for the win but usually you don't have to choose.

Guys who have to go negative every time they get a win usually aren't good. I personally take advantage of "bad objective" players. Those are the guys who just hop on objectives without shooting, covering multiple directions and don't use Flak Jacket and Smoke to cover themselves.

COD also has bad rushers. The guurs running out in the open blindly with slow reaction time and/or try to rush with pistols or SMGs only.

MW2 and MW3 and even BO1 was mostly about spawn trapping. BO2 is about getting into enemy spawns and triple capping. I don't think people should be forced to rush like BO2 forces you but I enjoy rushing and killing people with "overpowered" SMGs while they use Assault Rifles even though AR are clearly the red headed stepchild of BO2. I adjusted my play but others don't. So people who hate SMGs need tp adjust or know the limitations of BO2 map design.
02-06-2013, 07:14 AM #9
I just can't seem to use them. I want to use them, because after these new series of patches SMGs are getting nerfed and are struggling at mid-range. But whenever I use a AR I always seem to get caught in a close range 1v1 situation, which never seems to happen when I'm using a SMG, but anyway, I just can't seem to play defensive.
02-07-2013, 03:14 PM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by RathHavoc View Post

Now onto myself a bit more lol. Honestly I wish I was a passive player who doesn't care about stats. Back on WaW and Mw2 K/D didn't bother me all that much, winning and getting good kills and finishing challenges was all me. But now I evolved like a Pokemon into this aggressive hot headed doucebag Call of Duty gamer lol. Hopefully the more I use the assault rifles the more I'll get back to the old me and enjoy the game, grind out challenges and live a nice happy life haha.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Some of my best scores have been from using ARs. Playing aggressive but passive. My playstyle compared to other games is pretty different in COD. Aggressive/but passive to avoid deaths.
Do love ARs but they take a bit of effort to use. Mainly you need to play the map right and change your style. One thing I have noticed over the years even a great player, still dies due to BS in call of duty due to how the game is designed.

SMGs are easy if you want to spray people down and not care. ARs are harder and more likely to get better scores.

Call of duty gets me mad too trying to win and get a okay score. I'm fine with a 50 kill / 20 death game with 60 tags collected. That a good game in my eyes.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo