04-14-2013, 03:11 AM #1
-{OVOXO}-
PSN: awong_
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ...because in reality, all companies have the ultimate goal to make money. Singling out Treyarch is not only unfair to them but undermines them for the effort and continual support they have put into this game despite being heavily criticized.

First of all, the introduction of additional camos have been extremely controversial, yet I don't see why Treyarch is taking shit for it. Its a brand new addition that has never been in titles prior, and more importantly does not add or take away experience/put a player at an advantage or disadvantage. It's simply an option for who are willing to or wanting to support the company. Think of it more like a donation as opposed to Treyarch forcing you into unwillingly feed them money.

Also, let's not ignore the fact that this game has received remarkable support. It's one of the most balanced CoDs, with more changes yet to come. If they were actual money whores, they would just put out their product, not give it any support and focus on a newer project where they can milk more money *cough*MW2*cough*

So what do you think? Is Treyarch getting too much backlash or is the criticism justified?

The following 8 users say thank you to -{OVOXO}- for this useful post:

cave_windro1, Forgive, Im Your Upgrade, KINGMANI, NUKES-X-MODS-X, ResistTheSun, wardy

The following 5 users groaned at -{OVOXO}- for this awful post:

*SCHAOS*, Hadenkin, HomelandSec, oppie0., Rebuged
04-14-2013, 03:25 AM #2
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by OVOXO

It's one of the most balanced CoDs,

I was starting to seem some logic in what you were saying, up until the point above.
04-14-2013, 03:34 AM #3
-{OVOXO}-
Originally posted by Kidd
I was starting to seem some logic in what you were saying, up until the point above.

Which part specifically is unbalanced? Though it is SMG dominant, ALL the SMGs are pretty balanced with one another, and other category of guns aren't so underpowered that they are unusable.
04-14-2013, 09:08 AM #4
Exorcist_95
Pokemon Trainer
The reason everyone is complaining about them being money whores is because from the billions of dollars they've made from CoD, they can't fix their own game. Tell me, how much will it cost them to give us dedicated servers? Not a lot. So I see where people are coming from and I agree with them. Why are they releasing more items when their game is broken, the lag, the campers (yes I know every game has campers, but when will you learn year in year out not to give them the tools to camp such as target finders, shock charges and bettys).

If they actually cared about their consumers and not releasing a shit call of duty every year, you wouldn't see people complaining, if your going to blame someone, blame the developers, because it's their fault their game has come to all of this.

There's a difference between a good business, and a bad business. And 3arc are definitely the bad ones, they don't care about their game and consumers.
04-14-2013, 09:40 AM #5
Wondoh
Former Staff
The thing people seem to think is that Treyarch come to your house and take your money from you.
When in fact you give Treyarch your money, money whore is a stupid term as in reality, you are willingly paying for it.

It's business at the end of the day, they wouldn't be making games if it wasn't to make a tidy profit.
04-14-2013, 10:05 AM #6
wardy
[move]Smilies bk plz[/move]
Originally posted by 95 View Post
Why are they releasing more items when their game is broken, the lag, the campers (yes I know every game has campers, but when will you learn year in year out not to give them the tools to camp such as target finders, shock charges and bettys).

Campers don't break a game, the tools they have to camp can be countered with one simple EMP grenade.

Fortunately for me I don't suffer from the lag a lot of people seem to get. I'm willing to put money on the fact that most people that suffer from lag play wireless because they can't be bothered to set up a wired connection, it makes a world of difference.
04-14-2013, 01:12 PM #7
cave_windro1
Bounty hunter
The reason everyone is complaining about them being money whores is because from the billions of dollars they've made from CoD, they can't fix their own game. Tell me, how much will it cost them to give us dedicated servers? Not a lot. So I see where people are coming from and I agree with them. Why are they releasing more items when their game is broken, the lag, the campers (yes I know every game has campers, but when will you learn year in year out not to give them the tools to camp such as target finders, shock charges and bettys).

If they actually cared about their consumers and not releasing a shit call of duty every year, you wouldn't see people complaining, if your going to blame someone, blame the developers, because it's their fault their game has come to all of this.

There's a difference between a good business, and a bad business. And 3arc are definitely the bad ones, they don't care about their game and consumers.

The dedicated servers aren't up to 3arch , it's activations decision to implement it so blaming treyarch is kinda useless for this and the lag is caused by the game engine ,which is the same engine (although modified) since 2003.
04-14-2013, 03:51 PM #8
-{OVOXO}-

Dedicated servers WILL cost a lot, it's been a topic discussed by Infinity Ward members when they were asked during MW3 IIRC. You can probably Google up an article, but the general gist of it has been that they will have to put multiple servers in areas all over the world, creating more complications than it will solve.

And campers? As you've said, NOTHING you can do will eliminate these players. However, you can see that Treyarch is making an effort in stopping this, such as changing Ghost so that it is ineffective if you stay at one spot and adding scorestreaks (a system that is waay better than MW3) to encourage more activity and objective playing.
04-14-2013, 03:57 PM #9

but we camp? we tryhard? we are the noobs? is it our fault?
04-14-2013, 04:27 PM #10
I completely agree with you

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo