09-28-2016, 03:54 AM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I've decided to start a tutorial series on creating your own zombie map, for these I'll provide a brief summary of each tutorial and a video will be embedded on my channel for that specific part. This series could go well into the double digits in part numbers, the thread will be continually updated as I upload more parts of the tutorial. If you have any questions throughout the series, you can reply to this thread or write a comment on the video itself, whichever you choose :p

Part One: Setting Up Tools

Summary: In part one, we learn where we can find the mod tools on steam to install them and briefly cover the launcher.

Part Two: Welcome to Radiant

Summary: In part two, we get familiar with radiant and show how the shortcuts and style is very similar to that of World at War, while of course covering some major improvements. I also cover how to open the grid and customize it a little bit, however we'll make our setup nearly perfect to the World at War default (which I and many others really like) in the third tutorial.

Part Three: Creating a Room + Lighting

Summary: In part three, we create a basic room for our map and add some basic lighting. We also cover some tips that are helpful in the development process.

Part Four: Lighting, Building, and Testing

Summary: In part four, we add a sun_volume so we can build and we setup very basic zoning so we can spawn without being instantly killed. There are still glitches in lighting however in the final test that could not be addressed.

Part Five: Wall Weapons and Windows

Summary: In part five, we add barriers/windows to the map as well as a wall weapon.

Current series run-time: 00:44:21 [H:M:S]
Last edited by Specter ; 10-02-2016 at 08:14 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

YouAppreciateMe, DEv_ShOoTz, iAmRishi
09-29-2016, 01:39 AM #2
Awsome thread man these will really help.
10-10-2016, 09:30 PM #3
YouAppreciateMe
I Be That Pretty Mother****er
Even though I'm late have some +rep for taking your time to make this Kappa

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo