08-31-2015, 08:42 AM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I played the beta last week on the PS4 today is the last day of the beta on Xbox and PC.

In my view the shotguns are quite underpowered compared to the other weapon classes. Need some serious love and a complete redesign in how they work.
Happy that Treyarch fixed some of the issues from Black ops 2 with hip fire spread but reduced damage/range not so happy about.

Solutions

Hip fire spread
Standing and moving hipfire spread stay the same with a reduced amount all around. Standing still with laser should be the base level in my view.

Reason
When moving the hipfire spread increases too much given the pellet count the likely hood of getting a kill is low also given the damage model.

Treyarch has edited shotguns so close range hipfire kills are most likely on the KRM something which annoyed people in BO2.....

Range
Current range is about 10m with one hit kill range being 3m Treyarch has changed the damage beyond that so unlikely you can kill somebody up until 10m.
I would increase the overall shotgun range to 25m for the KRM and 15M for the haymaker

KRM would only be able to hit 25m if you ADS with it and hipfire 7m due to the spreads

Reason
Would give the shotguns extra range they badly need and help to counter SMGs more.

Damage

Needs a flat buff at close range and further ranges

Solution
KRM 100 damage per pellet until 3m weapon able to one hit kill if you hit all 8 pellets at 25m.
Haymaker would get 50 damage per pellet at close range until 2m with same requirement as the KRM needed at max range.

Reason
Makes shotguns deadly within their range and rewards skilled players

Another solution would be to give shotguns way faster run speeds compared to other weapons say a 50% movement bonus due to the reduced range and damage. Understand how some people dislike shotguns but right now they are a joke within the game and not worth using.
When was the last time you remember a shotgun user ripping shit up in a call of duty game?

Myself only once and he ended up on my friends list that was back during BO1.....

Doubt Treyarch is going to fix shotguns :(

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Adrian, Toxic
08-31-2015, 08:49 AM #2
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
I played the beta last week on the PS4 today is the last day of the beta on Xbox and PC.

In my view the shotguns are quite underpowered compared to the other weapon classes. Need some serious love and a complete redesign in how they work.
Happy that Treyarch fixed some of the issues from Black ops 2 with hip fire spread but reduced damage/range not so happy about.

Solutions

Hip fire spread
Standing and moving hipfire spread stay the same with a reduced amount all around. Standing still with laser should be the base level in my view.

Reason
When moving the hipfire spread increases too much given the pellet count the likely hood of getting a kill is low also given the damage model.

Treyarch has edited shotguns so close range hipfire kills are most likely on the KRM something which annoyed people in BO2.....

Range
Current range is about 10m with one hit kill range being 3m Treyarch has changed the damage beyond that so unlikely you can kill somebody up until 10m.
I would increase the overall shotgun range to 25m for the KRM and 15M for the haymaker

KRM would only be able to hit 25m if you ADS with it and hipfire 7m due to the spreads

Reason
Would give the shotguns extra range they badly need and help to counter SMGs more.

Damage

Needs a flat buff at close range and further ranges

Solution
KRM 100 damage per pellet until 3m weapon able to one hit kill if you hit all 8 pellets at 25m.
Haymaker would get 50 damage per pellet at close range until 2m with same requirement as the KRM needed at max range.

Reason
Makes shotguns deadly within their range and rewards skilled players

Another solution would be to give shotguns way faster run speeds compared to other weapons say a 50% movement bonus due to the reduced range and damage. Understand how some people dislike shotguns but right now they are a joke within the game and not worth using.
When was the last time you remember a shotgun user ripping shit up in a call of duty game?

Myself only once and he ended up on my friends list that was back during BO1.....

Doubt Treyarch is going to fix shotguns :(

well.... it is called "beta: for a reason ^^
08-31-2015, 03:07 PM #3
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by ToXiC View Post

That;s true also i'm sure there will be multiple nerfs and buffs once the game comes out and starts getting patched Smile
08-31-2015, 09:23 PM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by ToXiC View Post

Based on history I have no faith :p
09-04-2015, 08:49 PM #5
I hate to agree with you cause all I see happening is they might buff them, then all the 13y/o will complain enough just to nerf em again unfortunately. Just wished people would realize the shotgun is meant to be op close range
09-06-2015, 07:29 AM #6
I've always hated shotguns. IMO they've been the second most overpowered weapons in previous games right behind pistols. There's no reason a pistol or shotgun kill me in 2 shots from across the map against my LMG.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo