Post: Getting the "ABC" Error? Here's a possible quick fix.
11-07-2015, 09:37 PM #1
Hawk
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

So I am sure I am not the only one here who has gotten this issue trying to play Black Ops 3.

If you have been playing the game, or watching others do so you are bound to have seen the error at some point. It reads as follows:

Originally posted by another user
“The Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 server is not available at this time” and asks users to check server status online. There’s also a very strange error code that goes something like “A.B.C,-.-F.G”.

Some players have taken to calling it “the ABC error” as a result. Now, the question is, why? Activision Support stated that it is the game not loading the latest version. You can see at the top left corner of the screen there should be a series of numbers (33.##.##.##) The actual numbers will vary as time goes on. However the fix (as Activision shows in the image below) is quite simple.

Once you reboot your system, and start the game back up, look at the numbers at the top right hand side of the game. If you see 33.0.0.0, you will be unable to play online, and will get the "ABC" error. Sit on that screen for as long as it is needed, and they will eventually change (Mine is currently at 33.4.12.1). Click the button to start and voila you should be good to go!

Other Possibilities:

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
There's not just one ABC error, there is multiple. I had one on PC and the problem was my firewall/antivirus. I had to disable it for the period I played BO3. :p
Last edited by Hawk ; 11-08-2015 at 08:16 AM.
11-07-2015, 10:48 PM #2
Hammy
[b]#Hammy4IMGPerms McCoy[/b]
Originally posted by Hawk View Post
So I am sure I am not the only one here who has gotten this issue trying to play Black Ops 3.

If you have been playing the game, or watching others do so you are bound to have seen the error at some point. It reads as follows:

Some players have taken to calling it “the ABC error” as a result. Now, the question is, why? Activision Support stated that it is the game not loading the latest version. You can see at the top left corner of the screen there should be a series of numbers (33.##.##.##) The actual numbers will vary as time goes on. However the fix (as Activision shows in the image below) is quite simple.

Once you reboot your system, and start the game back up, look at the numbers at the top right hand side of the game. If you see 33.0.0.0, you will be unable to play online, and will get the "ABC" error. Sit on that screen for as long as it is needed, and they will eventually change (Mine is currently at 33.4.12.1). Click the button to start and voila you should be good to go!

There's not just one ABC error, there is multiple. I had one on PC and the problem was my firewall/antivirus. I had to disable it for the period I played BO3. :p
11-08-2015, 01:56 AM #3
KAYLEB_HD
Vault dweller

Other Possibilities:

mine is on 17.0.0.0 and it won't change :( im ready to delete bo3
11-08-2015, 03:09 AM #4
itsSorrow
In my man cave
Originally posted by Hammy View Post

steam or crack?
11-08-2015, 06:58 AM #5
does not madder how many reinstall or restarts i make always same ....
11-08-2015, 07:05 AM #6
Hawk
Former Staff
Originally posted by l3allermann82 View Post
does not madder how many reinstall or restarts i make always same ....

I have heard people saying it can take up to a couple hours to change, however once it does you are good to go.
11-08-2015, 07:07 AM #7
I have heard people saying it can take up to a couple hours to change, however once it does you are good to go.

xD have changed from 17.0.0.0 in 15 min to 17.4.6.0 LOL
this game is so funny i will wait and tell u xD
11-08-2015, 09:56 AM #8
wewoi
Gobble
thxxxxxx
11-08-2015, 11:29 AM #9
drasje
Keeper
Thx :p
11-08-2015, 01:29 PM #10
Hammy