07-26-2010, 04:27 PM #1
Liam
In my man cave
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Here are the confirmed weapon attachments; alternative ammo types and grenades for COD 7 - Black Ops. This guide will make a run through of each attachment with images and information.

This Guide is inspired by MomasBoyOnline's You must login or register to view this content. Thread

1 New weapon attachment has been included! (03/09/10)

ATTACHMENTS

Swarovski Scope

You must login or register to view this content.[/CENTER]
Facts
  • In 1997 Swarovski Optik introduced the LRS series telescopic sight, the first riflescope on the civilian market with an integrated laser rangefinder.
  • The LRS 2-12x50 sight can measure ranges up to 600 m (660 yd).
  • The scope is exclusive to the Steyr AUG.

Image(s)
You must login or register to view this content.

China Lake GL attachment

Facts

Image(s)

Coming soon

Suppressor

Facts

• Gun supressors reduce the amount of noise and flash of a weapon once fired.
  • Although known as silencer's they do not completely silence the gun.
  • Reduces the risk of Permanent hearing damage, especially for hunters.

Image(s)

Grenade Launcher

Facts

• A grenade launcher is a weapon that launches a grenade with more accuracy, higher velocity, and to greater distances than a soldier could throw it by hand.
  • Grenade launchers can either come in the form of standalone weapons (either single-shot or repeating) or attachments mounted under the barrel of a rifle.
  • The most standard grenade round today is the 40 mm grenade.

Image(s)

Flashlight

Facts

• A tactical light is a flashlight used with a firearm to aid low light target identification
  • It allows the marksman to aim and illuminate the target
  • Tactical lights also serve a role as a method of non-lethal force, used to temporarily blind and disorient targets.

Image(s)

Red Dot Sight New!

Facts

• Reflex sights, also known as red dot sights use fiber optics, LED's, or Tritium to create a red dot inside the rifle or pistol scope.
  • The dot looks like it is on the target, but it is visible only to the shooter since they are not laser sights

Image(s)

Python Snub Nose New!

Facts

• A Snubnosed revolver has a barrel length of less than three 3 inches.
  • The short barrel was designed to speed up the draw, and to make the gun a bit easier to carry, or to conceal. (Dating back to the cowboy times through to modern times)

It is thought to shorten the barrel of the handgun. It possibly works like the Sawed-Off attachment for the Double barrelled shotgun, increasing damage but lowering accuracy and range.

Image(s)
You must login or register to view this content.You must login or register to view this content.
Hard to see the python because the video merges into a difference scene while the player switches weapons

ALTERNATIVE AMMO TYPES

Dragon Breath

Facts

• A Dragon's Breath usually refers to a zirconium-based pyrotechnic shotgun round.
  • When the round is fired, sparks shoot out to about 5 m (20 feet).
  • While it has few tactical uses, the visual effect it produces is impressive, similar to that of a short-ranged flamethrower.
  • The pyrotechnic shell is expensive compared to other shells, costing around 5 US dollars per shell.

Image(s)

Explosive Bolts

Facts

• These are none existent, featured in films such as Rambo.
  • Once the arrow is fired it is expected for the explosive bolt to detonate after 3 seconds.

Image(s)

GRENADES

M67 Grenade

Facts
  • The M67 grenade is a fragmentation hand grenade used by the United States Military and Canadian Forces, where it is referred to as the C13.
  • The M67 is a replacement for the M61 grenade used during Vietnam and the older Mk 2 "pineapple" grenade used since World War II. (surely they should be using the M61 since Black Ops is based in Vietnam?)
  • The M67 Grenade has a steel sphere body that contains 6.5 ounces of Composition B material

Image(s)

Coming soon

Smoke Grenade

Facts
  • Smoke grenades are canister-type grenades used as ground-to-ground or ground-to-air signaling devices, target or landing zone marking devices, or as screening devices for unit movements.
  • The filler consists of 250 to 350 grams of colored (red, green, orange, gray, yellow, blue, white, black, or violet) smoke composition.

Image(s)

Coming Soon

Semtex New!

Facts
  • Semtex is a general-purpose plastic explosive containing RDX and PETN.
  • Semtex became notoriously popular with terrorists because it was, until recently, extremely difficult to detect.
  • Semtex was very similar to other plastic explosives, especially C-4, in that it was easily malleable; but it was usable over a greater temperature range than other plastic explosives.

Image(s)

OTHER

Knife

Facts
  • A combat knife (also commonly called a fighting knife or tactical knife) is a knife designed for military use, specifically for close combat
  • since the end of trench warfare, most military knives have been primarily designed for utility/tool use (clearing foliage, chopping branches for cover, opening ammunition crates, etc).

Image(s)

Ballistic Knife New!

Facts
  • A ballistic knife is an automatic knife with a detachable blade that can be expelled from a spring-operated or gas-driven mechanism.
  • These knives have been banned nationwide in the United States since 1986.

Image(s)

Tomahawk New!

Facts
  • Tomahawks were general purpose tools used by Native Americans and European Colonials alike, and often employed as a hand-to-hand or a thrown weapon.
  • The Tomahawk looks to be the replacement for the knife from Modern Warfare 2 since it has a similar reticule and is also a one shot kill.
  • It is used in Sticks and Stones as a weapon that bankrupts someone of their CoD currency.

Image(s)

Machete

Facts
  • The blade is typically 32.5 to 60 centimeters long.
  • the machete is frequently used to cut through rain-forest undergrowth and for agricultural purposes (e.g. cutting sugar cane).
  • In 1762, the Kingdom of Great Britain invaded Cuba in the Battle of Havana, and peasant guerrillas, used machetes in the defense of the city.

Image(s)
Thanks 'Awesome faceeStRuCt0r' for spotting the
Machete on his back.
[/COLOR]

C4 Explosives

Facts
  • C4 detonation velocity is 8,040 m/s (26,400 ft/s), or 28,900 km/h (18,000 mph).
  • C4 burns slowly when it is ignited with a flame rather than detonated with a primary explosive, so soldiers during the Vietnam War era would sometimes use small amounts of C4 as fuel for heating rations while on long patrols.
  • While many soldiers used C4 safely in this manner, there are anecdotes about soldiers trying to put out the fire by stomping on it, causing it to detonate.

Image(s)

Coming soon

Flamethrower

Facts

• Modern flamethrowers were first used during the trench warfare conditions of World War I; their use greatly increased in World War II.
  • They can be vehicle mounted, as on a tank, or man-portable.
  • The flamethrower is a potent weapon with great psychological impact upon unprepared soldiers, inflicting a particularly horrific death. This has led to some calls for the weapon to be banned.

Image(s)

Coming soon

Camera Spike New!

Facts

• The Camera Spike is an equipment item featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It allows the user to see anything in-front of it using thermal imaging in a box at the top left corner of the user's HUD, removing the mini-map.
  • When the player picks it up, it is assigned to up on the D-pad. It seems as though the player can move it, similar to the Tactical Insertion.

Image(s)

You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.

This took a while to create, so be generous Cool Man (aka Tustin). This guide will also be Updated once more attachments are confirmed.[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]

The source is available to view You must login or register to view this content.[/CENTER]
-
Last edited by Liam ; 09-03-2010 at 09:20 AM.

The following 179 users say thank you to Liam for this useful post:

-Lazy-, -Smithy-, -Smurf-, .Dare, .Nik, .Robot, +sFx. FeLiciTy, +vA.LooSe, 3arc, 3RIC, A96, Aced, AcidXrAiN, Adrian., Alekz, Am$taff, AmsterIDam, Analdogfag, andrewman18, ApReZxGamingPs3, Ashford02, At Lightspeed, atreyu9a7x, Awayze, baconista, beastly12, biggestmexi, Bl3sS, blazed_74gd, Brochacho, BuffaloBooker, CamelToaster, Carbon0x, chadeayne21, Champerzz, charlzangelz, cj9958, coltsfan360, Console, Counter1602, CRACKbomber, Crunk, Cryptic, D3SI, DanGFX, Danny41294, darkstar5283, DeAd_bLiTz, defwegwreh, divybc, DiXiEnOrMoUz28, dj-marvel, Doctor Stan, dominicanpimp10, Drackos, Drunken83, dv7-gen, Dylan_Owns, EJ94c, EuanBlondin_x, Fc302, FcukNextGenBord, Fireball_-21-, Frog, FwD_WiLeMaN, gamekilla, glitchplz, GNDOOOR_KILLER, God_of_War, GregorC_, grim-reaper, Groovy, H3CTK, Hard_Kw, HiiGGzY, Hiltz, HomelandSec, i Ozzy i, I r ObZoR, i Red Bull, ihaxgames, IIR4ZORII, ImX-SNiPE, INSURRECTION1ST, italianboss, iTz CuRR4N, iTz_Bender, james__kid, JasperCheyney, jonnyman69, Josh, k1ll3rs0wn, kane212, killer47, Kinetic, KinGKyl3, kingofps3, KluTcHxMoDz, LE3TGAM3R, LegitKidd and 79 other users.
07-26-2010, 04:33 PM #2
-Lazy-
good thread, cant wait for black ops
07-26-2010, 04:35 PM #3
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
Nice thread =D
07-26-2010, 04:54 PM #4
Venom
At least I can fight
Dragon breath. Lol cant wait for that.
07-26-2010, 05:05 PM #5
WHY TREYARCH WHY!!! GRENADE LAUNCHER'S! YOU HATE ME!!!, I totally want to use the Bow...
07-26-2010, 05:06 PM #6
Domov
Banned
lol at flamethrower another piece of equipment designed for noobs Smile
07-26-2010, 05:19 PM #7
Spaz-
i HaZ mY ☆GET ME ANOTHA 1
nice thread but FKING NOOBS :angry:
07-26-2010, 05:22 PM #8
Liam
In my man cave
Originally posted by Otaku
nice thread but FKING NOOBS :angry:

Yeh gotta hate the G.Launcher
07-26-2010, 05:30 PM #9
whackmymeat
Little One
They really would put the grenade launchers? the worst thing to ever happen in a call of duty game.
07-26-2010, 06:04 PM #10
Spaz-
i HaZ mY ☆GET ME ANOTHA 1
Originally posted by VxR View Post
Yeh gotta hate the G.Launcher

**** yeah we do!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo