Table of ContentsOFFICIAL BLACK OPS UPDATES AND PATCHES
Patch v1.04 (PHASE 3 - Refer to "Call of Duty Black Ops: Patching Process")
- Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
- Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
- Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
- Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
- Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
- Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
- Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
- Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
- Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
- Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
- Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
- Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
- Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
- Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
- Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
- Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
- Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
- Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
- Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
- Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
- Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
Patch v1.03 (Now Live!)
- Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
- Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
- Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
- Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
- Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
- Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
- Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
- Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
- Additional online security enhancements
- Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends
- Added CP (Cod Points) for Combat Training mode
- Changed the speed of Aim Down Sight for Sniper Rifles
- Initial Patch
2 3 Next »