Post: *Suggestion* Development of AI Zombies / Zomblieland
01-19-2014, 02:31 AM #1
John Leepe
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys!

This thread is giving the developers in the section an idea...

Anyways. As the title says the development of AI Zombies / Zombieland for ghosts.

You guys could make it happen.

Since we have solid model spawning we could do a Zombieland type gamemode. It is possible. But we would need to improve the spawning of models because its a 50/50 freeze if you spawn them. It seems simple to do a zombieland type gamemode now. Just need to make a shop and make some bunkers/teleporters ect through the maps.

As for AI zombies. If someone could figure out on how to spawn bots or atleast make the model spawning dynamic it could be possible.

So it would spawn a Jugg model then we can use the get nearest player func (I believe thats what its called and how it works. Please do not hate or call me a retard for not knowing what the function does) to follow the nearest player. We can try to make it dynamic by spawning the model then deleting it after x amount of time. So like spawn then delete spawn then delete. When it follows the player it will increase or decrease the X, Y, Z cords depending on the environment and if it changes. Then if its a certain distance from the player it will attack or knife him. Something of that matter atleast.

Since we have hud elem spawn aswell we can use it for shops. Buy weapons, perks, upgrades, ect

So this is it. If anyone else has suggestions on how this could be done with todays capabilities of modding.

Have a good one

- Jashun

The following 13 users say thank you to John Leepe for this useful post:

AlexNGU, ErasedDev, FAKA_ELITE, Jacob-And-Britt, LaRip8, M0T1VAT10N, John, TG1DER, ThePaaqoHD, TheReturn, Winter, worrorfight
01-19-2014, 06:14 AM #2
i would but it would take me like 3 months to do
01-19-2014, 06:40 AM #3
SC58
Former Staff
yea this is possible for both but seeing how ppl are around here this wont happen, i got everything to do it but idc to do it soo... good luck finding some one who will Winky Winky
01-19-2014, 10:16 AM #4
Jacob-And-Britt
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Jashun
Hey guys!

Anyways. As the title says the development of AI Zombies / Zombieland for ghosts.

Since we have solid model spawning we could do a Zombieland type gamemode. It is possible. But we would need to improve the spawning of models because its a 50/50 freeze if you spawn them. It seems simple to do a zombieland type gamemode now. Just need to make a shop and make some bunkers/teleporters ect through the maps.

As for AI zombies. If someone could figure out on how to spawn bots or atleast make the model spawning dynamic it could be possible.

So it would spawn a Jugg model then we can use the get nearest player func (I believe thats what its called and how it works. Please do not hate or call me a retard for not knowing what the function does) to follow the nearest player. We can try to make it dynamic by spawning the model then deleting it after x amount of time. So like spawn then delete spawn then delete. When it follows the player it will increase or decrease the X, Y, Z cords depending on the environment and if it changes. Then if its a certain distance from the player it will attack or knife him. Something of that matter atleast.

Since we have hud elem spawn aswell we can use it for shops. Buy weapons, perks, upgrades, ect

So this is it. If anyone else has suggestions on how this could be done with todays capabilities of modding.

Have a good one

- Jashun
I thought of this for mw2 rtm but i would be awesome for this to happen on ghosts i wish gsc was still working cus i could help make zombieland happen for gsc!
01-19-2014, 10:56 AM #5
I've already sort of made this though i've only made a few custom and modified maps from scratch, with stationary mesh objects, non action "Maybe for future development if I have the time ill add animated mesh/objects". It also includes lighting change day and night via a timer change i.e over a duration of 12 min's the sky and the map becomes darker slowly each 20sec's, "random boxes i.e I just the random weapon box in parts of the map" and weapon drops "Just weapons I planted around the map that can be puck-up", stray wolfs "Aka The Wolfs Will Attack On Sight" also tons of other things.

Also most of the freezing in due to people spawning objects within other game objects I rarely have this problem around a 1/30 chance if even that. However I believe other people shouldn't fully created the Al Zombies instead wait until the Michael Myers DLC comes out, then reverse engineer this game mode as this would be easier for them to code.

Though i've already created the Al Zombies through the use of the Squads Al "walking path" then giving the character a knife only, or the "zombie hand" I created with the animation on throwing a 9 Bang Grenade without the actual 9 bang and on impact it does the the knife damage. I also have "Welcome to imodforlife's Zombie Land". The (Infected Player) Text "You have been infected" Screen "Bloody", Sound Effect "Still Need To Find a Good Sound for This" , (Survivors Player) Text "The Zombie Apocalypse Has Begun Get Ready To Run or Fight" Random Text That Appears on Survivors "Your Death is Only Inevitable", Screen "Normal", Sound Effects "Random Players Saying Shit". I also have change the players names ingame Ill most likely change this as its crap at the moment (Infected Players Name) "The Infected", (Survivors Player Name) "The Survivor". I believe I will change this to the names of the past zombie characters for World at War, Call Of The Dead etc, then maybe a few random names. After its fully made ill most likely do a few fun lobbies for people to beta test to find bugs then improve on it a few times on all maps, including my personal created custom ones. Though ill be doing this when im not busy and updating this.
Last edited by zombieXD ; 01-19-2014 at 09:53 PM.

The following user thanked zombieXD for this useful post:

M0T1VAT10N
01-19-2014, 10:57 AM #6
iBullet1
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
yea this is possible for both but seeing how ppl are around here this wont happen, i got everything to do it but idc to do it soo... good luck finding some one who will Winky Winky

You'd charge 20 bux on release anyways.

The following user thanked iBullet1 for this useful post:

TG1DER
01-19-2014, 08:50 PM #7
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by iBullet1 View Post
You'd charge 20 bux on release anyways.

lol ur funny i have never sold a tool before but u r right if i was to make this i would cause it would take alot time and coding :p but like i just said idc to make it anyways
01-19-2014, 08:58 PM #8
TheReturn
Gym leader
ZombielandCool Man (aka Tustin)Dancing
01-19-2014, 09:19 PM #9
TheReturn
Gym leader
Originally posted by Jashun
Hey guys!

Have a good one

- Jashun

Did you make any bunkers or anything like that yet?
01-19-2014, 09:21 PM #10
John Leepe
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by TheReturn View Post
Did you make any bunkers or anything like that yet?

Im not the one developing AI zombies or zombieland. But I have made a bunker for the map flooded

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo