08-06-2010, 05:13 PM #1
DanielMorgan
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If we can convert the mw2 disc to and .iso file, we can edit on the computer right? does this invalidate the checksum? We can reverse this and get a pc copy of the game, and convert the .iso to a .pkg, so that it will run on the ps3.
08-06-2010, 05:28 PM #11
DanielMorgan
Do a barrel roll!
PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net

* Home
* Site Activity
o Group Forums Directory
o Groups
+ Create a Group
o Members Directory
o Calendar
* Forum
* Reviews
o Blu-ray Reviews
* Store
* Archives
o Media
o Commercials
o Latest Games Night Post
o Giveaways / Contests
o Guides
* Contact
o Affiliate
* About
o Help Videos
o Point Leaderboard
o PS3 Error Codes
o PS3 Pictures
o PS3 Specs
o Gravatar
o Community Info

« Last chance for Playstation Store Sale.
Sony Trademarks “Cloudsurf” and “VoyAgent” »
Z-Pack – PlayStation 3’s First Backup and ISO Loader?

The video above is said to be a live demonstration of a program called Z-Pack, which essentially backs up PS3 games onto what is most likely an external HDD (from the looks of it anyway) and also loads up the ISO files from the backup as well, allowing you to play your games without a disc.

I know the 360 already has a feature that allows you to back up entire games (though, I don’t have the space left for trying it, so I don’t know if its a basic backup where it stores data from a disc for faster loading or whether you won’t need the disc to play it). One thing is for sure, it’s something I’d like to do, but I would prefer something first party. If this turns out to be the real deal, and becomes available for purchase, would you consider buying it?

One thing I can see happening, though, is people who rent games, “back them up”, and return said games, but still technically own a copy of them. Will it also affect online play? Do the games have some sort of verification system that can read whether or not it’s a physical copy or a backup like some PC games do?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

iso loader is the way to go
08-06-2010, 05:36 PM #12
Originally posted by DanielMorgan View Post
PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net

* Home
* Site Activity
o Group Forums Directory
o Groups
+ Create a Group
o Members Directory
o Calendar
* Forum
* Reviews
o Blu-ray Reviews
* Store
* Archives
o Media
o Commercials
o Latest Games Night Post
o Giveaways / Contests
o Guides
* Contact
o Affiliate
* About
o Help Videos
o Point Leaderboard
o PS3 Error Codes
o PS3 Pictures
o PS3 Specs
o Gravatar
o Community Info

« Last chance for Playstation Store Sale.
Sony Trademarks “Cloudsurf” and “VoyAgent” »
Z-Pack – PlayStation 3’s First Backup and ISO Loader?

The video above is said to be a live demonstration of a program called Z-Pack, which essentially backs up PS3 games onto what is most likely an external HDD (from the looks of it anyway) and also loads up the ISO files from the backup as well, allowing you to play your games without a disc.

I know the 360 already has a feature that allows you to back up entire games (though, I don’t have the space left for trying it, so I don’t know if its a basic backup where it stores data from a disc for faster loading or whether you won’t need the disc to play it). One thing is for sure, it’s something I’d like to do, but I would prefer something first party. If this turns out to be the real deal, and becomes available for purchase, would you consider buying it?

One thing I can see happening, though, is people who rent games, “back them up”, and return said games, but still technically own a copy of them. Will it also affect online play? Do the games have some sort of verification system that can read whether or not it’s a physical copy or a backup like some PC games do?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

iso loader is the way to go

Uhhh you fail at copy any paste... There is not a working iso loader for the ps3 if you have one that works be sure to enlighten me.
08-06-2010, 05:42 PM #13
DanielMorgan
Do a barrel roll!
if u have a better idea.. feel free to post, u are just a troll otherwise
08-06-2010, 05:45 PM #14
if u have a better idea.. feel free to post, u are just a troll otherwise

I'm telling you this won't work if you don't want my help that is fine with me.
08-06-2010, 05:47 PM #15
DanielMorgan
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Macdaddy4sure View Post
I'm telling you this won't work if you don't want my help that is fine with me.

That doesnt help... what ideas do u have? im interested
08-06-2010, 05:51 PM #16
That doesnt help... what ideas do u have? im interested

I stopped caring about thees hacks long ago on the ps3. I have waisted to much of my time. I post in this forum to share what I have learned.
08-06-2010, 06:46 PM #17
IDontbreak
Cake is a lie
ok, how big is the patch? .iso doesnt make file THAtT big

12 or 16 MB

Excluding Map pack
08-06-2010, 06:51 PM #18
DanielMorgan
Do a barrel roll!
then it would work! it would fit on the FAT system... lets try it!
08-06-2010, 06:58 PM #19
then it would work! it would fit on the FAT system... lets try it!

Do you have a working ISO loader?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo