10-27-2010, 12:32 AM #1
Default Avatar
Newelly
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Creating A Private Network With Hamachi:

Download + Launch Hamachi -
- On The Bottom Right Of The Task Bar, You Will See The Software ( Icon ) Display In The Interface.
- Click Connect, On The Left To Connect To Hamachi,
- A Window Will Appear And It Will Ask You To Create A New User Account.. Simply Enter A Nick Name Or Any Sort Of Name And Click Confirm,
- Click On The Green Icon ( Toggle Icon ),
- Then, In The Menu Choose Create A Network And Provide A Name And Password To The Network Mine Earlier Was.. Name: Newelly-PS3 Password: newelly1
- Then Simply Click Create.
- However, Now Hamachi Will Pop-Up On Your Sceeen
- Invite Your Friends ( After Giving Them Your Details To Connect ).
- After They Downloaded + Installed,
- Run Hamachi Then They Must Go To The Network Settings,
- "Network Settings" Are Based At The Window.
- Then They Simply Connect On To You Smile
- Now You Have The Virtual Private Network ( VPN )

Tutorial On How To Bridge Connections:

- Open Network Connections ( This Is Based In Your Control Panel ) Click Start Then On The Right Find Control Panel
- Under Lan Or Internet select each of the private network connections that you want to be part of the bridge.
- Right Click One Of The Highlighted Connections,
- However, You Must Be Logged On As An Administrator Or A Member Of Administrator, Group In-Order To Complete These Procedures,
- If You Are Connected To A Network *Disconnect* It,
- Network Policy Settings May Prevent You From Completing These Procedure.
- You must select at least two network connections That Is Eligbe in order To Proceed To Bridge Connections
- To Create A Bridge,
- Adapters that have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) or Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) enabled cannot be part of the network bridge and will
- not appear on the Network Bridge checklist. Similarly, the Add to Bridge menu command,
- is available only for adapters that you can add as connections to Network Bridge.
- Only Ethernet, IEEE-1394 adapters, or Ethernet compatible adapters such as Wireless and home phoneline adapters (HPNA), can be part of the network bridge,
- Do not create a bridge between the public Internet connection and the private network connection, or add the public Internet connection to an existing network bridge, if you do not have ICF or Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled. To do so will create an unprotected link between your network and the Internet, and your network will be vulnerable to intrusions.

- You can create only one network bridge on a computer, but the bridge can accommodate any number of network connections.

- You cannot create a bridge connection on a computer running Windows 2000 or earlier versions of Windows.

- If you remove adapters from the network bridge, and less than two adapters remain, Network Bridge will not perform its intended function, but it will continue to use system resources.

- Network adapters that previously appeared under LAN or High-Speed Internet, appear under Network Bridge when they are added as connections. Network adapters that provide Internet connectivity, such as DSL and cable modems, cannot be bridged and will always appear under LAN or High-Speed Internet.

- Network bridges with wireless or IEEE-1394 connections support traffic using Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) only.

- Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, Discovery and Control, and Network Bridge are not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

Good Luck Transferring Your Mods To Your Friends...

^^
Most Of The Bridge Connection Is Copy + Pasted From "Microsft Help + Support".

Hamachi - Was Origanally Found by "_Santa_"Here >> Thanks From Me :love:

Written This In My Own Words To Help Understand More..!
Last edited by Newelly ; 10-27-2010 at 12:42 AM.

The following 24 users say thank you to Newelly for this useful post:

-Blackhawks-, -Kash-, 8======D----, Blackstorm, codecode, CRaZyY, D@ EnVvY!, DanGFX, GNDOOOR_KILLER, jdtaylor11, Karoolus, luckmager1, Mr Hankey, NGU_MVRz, Northstar-Cody, remi06, Sandyballz, ShAdoW_RiDa, skitterz, Superahm, TheMagicPancake, ThereThatGuy
10-27-2010, 08:10 PM #38
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
Okay I used Hamachi AGES ago back when it was relatively new for other purposes and I have a few things to add. Due to some restrictions the host of the sever(the one who is hosting the patch) might have more complications due to their setup. Really all this is is basically a p2p server that allows the host to transfer data to the receiving end(non 3.41 PS3) over a network... networks can have MANY MANY issues. Since really all this is, is a server I am sure you could find another client or build your own and transfer that way.

All you need is a bridged connection between your PC and your PS3 and a server(or client) where multiple people can connect and share data. Not sure if an IIS would work as those are really easy to set up but once again there can be many issues, trust me on this.

If you need any help I am sure I could be assistance, Ill try setting it up and see if I can get it to work with a buddy of mine this weekend and see if we can come up with anything. Again if your having issues its the network, Im sure you could "inject" it with some program over a network then again Im not sure what freeware is still out there that will allow you to do this.

Btw is this a theory or has someone ACTUALLY shared a modded patch? I know the whole client trade thing will work, but as for a 3.41fw+ PS3 to 'accept' the data and actually allow it to run, Im not so sure due to all the changes in the code and pkgs.

EDIT:

I had an IIS set up and Ill see if I can get it to work again, Ill upload a patch to the server and then see if I can transfer it to the PS3 WITHOUT having another person online. This would mean I wouldn't need to turn it online all I would have to do is have the IIS on my network(obv.) and then bridge, locate the patch on the IIS and bring it over onto the PS3. Then again I have NEVER transferred a patch before and Im not even sure if this would work.

If anyone would care to explain why you would "NEED" to have a modded PS3 transfer the patch to you then please fill me in as besides the coding for these patches I know next to nothing.
Last edited by bmxdude9 ; 10-27-2010 at 08:14 PM.
10-28-2010, 06:26 PM #39
Craig1690x
Stupid is Stupid does
Originally posted by Newelly View Post
Creating A Private Network With Hamachi:

- On The Bottom Right Of The Task Bar, You Will See The Software ( Icon ) Display In The Interface.
- A Window Will Appear And It Will Ask You To Create A New User Account.. Simply Enter A Nick Name Or Any Sort Of Name And Click Confirm,
- Then, In The Menu Choose Create A Network And Provide A Name And Password To The Network Mine Earlier Was.. Name: Newelly-PS3 Password: newelly1

- Open Network Connections ( This Is Based In Your Control Panel ) Click Start Then On The Right Find Control Panel
- Under Lan Or Internet select each of the private network connections that you want to be part of the bridge.
- However, You Must Be Logged On As An Administrator Or A Member Of Administrator, Group In-Order To Complete These Procedures,
- You must select at least two network connections That Is Eligbe in order To Proceed To Bridge Connections
- To Create A Bridge,
- Adapters that have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) or Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) enabled cannot be part of the network bridge and will
- not appear on the Network Bridge checklist. Similarly, the Add to Bridge menu command,
- is available only for adapters that you can add as connections to Network Bridge.
- Only Ethernet, IEEE-1394 adapters, or Ethernet compatible adapters such as Wireless and home phoneline adapters (HPNA), can be part of the network bridge,
- Do not create a bridge between the public Internet connection and the private network connection, or add the public Internet connection to an existing network bridge, if you do not have ICF or Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled. To do so will create an unprotected link between your network and the Internet, and your network will be vulnerable to intrusions.

- You can create only one network bridge on a computer, but the bridge can accommodate any number of network connections.

- You cannot create a bridge connection on a computer running Windows 2000 or earlier versions of Windows.

- If you remove adapters from the network bridge, and less than two adapters remain, Network Bridge will not perform its intended function, but it will continue to use system resources.

- Network adapters that previously appeared under LAN or High-Speed Internet, appear under Network Bridge when they are added as connections. Network adapters that provide Internet connectivity, such as DSL and cable modems, cannot be bridged and will always appear under LAN or High-Speed Internet.

- Network bridges with wireless or IEEE-1394 connections support traffic using Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) only.

- Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, Discovery and Control, and Network Bridge are not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

^^

can you please do it with me !! ???

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Originally posted by bmxdude9 View Post
Okay I used Hamachi AGES ago back when it was relatively new for other purposes and I have a few things to add. Due to some restrictions the host of the sever(the one who is hosting the patch) might have more complications due to their setup. Really all this is is basically a p2p server that allows the host to transfer data to the receiving end(non 3.41 PS3) over a network... networks can have MANY MANY issues. Since really all this is, is a server I am sure you could find another client or build your own and transfer that way.

All you need is a bridged connection between your PC and your PS3 and a server(or client) where multiple people can connect and share data. Not sure if an IIS would work as those are really easy to set up but once again there can be many issues, trust me on this.

If you need any help I am sure I could be assistance, Ill try setting it up and see if I can get it to work with a buddy of mine this weekend and see if we can come up with anything. Again if your having issues its the network, Im sure you could "inject" it with some program over a network then again Im not sure what freeware is still out there that will allow you to do this.

Btw is this a theory or has someone ACTUALLY shared a modded patch? I know the whole client trade thing will work, but as for a 3.41fw+ PS3 to 'accept' the data and actually allow it to run, Im not so sure due to all the changes in the code and pkgs.

EDIT:

I had an IIS set up and Ill see if I can get it to work again, Ill upload a patch to the server and then see if I can transfer it to the PS3 WITHOUT having another person online. This would mean I wouldn't need to turn it online all I would have to do is have the IIS on my network(obv.) and then bridge, locate the patch on the IIS and bring it over onto the PS3. Then again I have NEVER transferred a patch before and Im not even sure if this would work.

If anyone would care to explain why you would "NEED" to have a modded PS3 transfer the patch to you then please fill me in as besides the coding for these patches I know next to nothing.

are you from the Uk and if so can you do this with me ?
10-29-2010, 11:20 AM #40
Mr. Wood
Feel like a Sir.
ok just to know has anyone made a breakthrough yet with this i think newelly would love some feed back guys :y:.

The following user thanked Mr. Wood for this useful post:

10-29-2010, 11:20 PM #41
QuakeSteel
Do a barrel roll!
Well, 3 of my friends have been able to get this work.. out of 4.. me obviously because they wouldn't give it too me Sad Awesome
But they said thanks anyways :y: :FU:
10-29-2010, 11:40 PM #42
Clodey
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Newelly View Post
Creating A Private Network With Hamachi:

- To Create A Bridge,

^^

Could you help me out? My friend can connect to my network but I cannot ping him and he cannot ping me. We can ping ourselves. When pinging him, it says destination host unreachable.
I have fiddled with some settings and firewalls but he has now gone offline. Do you have a hamachi server which I can try and ping you?
Thanks.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo