Login | Register

Thread: NGU's Monthly Patch Making competition!

1. Join Date

Posts n/a

Membership Unregistered / Not Logged In

04-21-2012 11:23 AM #1 NGU's Monthly Patch Making competition!

Alright, in an effort to try and bring some fun and life back into this section, on behalf of NGU I have decided to start a competition within the mw2 patch section. :y:

NGU Monthly Patch making competition!

This competition is a month long. This should be enough time to compile a patch, make sure it works and then make a video of what your patch can do. These patches can be for 1.11 or 1.13. Things are always subject to change and can and will add rules or different things members suggest as we go along.

Rules:
    • No editing of a pre made patch. That would be considered ripping someones work. We will go through the patches with one of the better known patch makers.
    • You can use a base for a patch, as long as they were already released and allowed for use. We want to try and bring original ideas to the table
    • You can ask for help if someone is willing to give it. Do not make threads bugging for help though, or we will disqualify you from the competition
    • ORIGINAL ORIGINAL ORIGINAL! Can not stress this enough. Everyone is allowed to enter.

Rewards:
    Now I was brainstorming on this one. I wish at the moment I could give you guys a cash reward, but I can't offer that as of yet. This isnt a possibility at the moment. As of right now, the best patch will earn 250k vbux from an admin and +60 rep. These rewards can change as time goes on, if this competition stays active. Anyways. Happy patch making guys and I hope you enjoy this competition!

Also:

EDIT: If I can get enough feedback from this, I will start the competition this monday, April 23rd.
    Last edited by NumbersAngus; 04-21-2012 at 12:37 PM.

2. Sync Guest

Posts n/a

04-21-2012 12:38 PM #11

i will also offer 50k vbux and +rep if we're allow to :y:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sync For This Useful Post:

4. Join Date

Posts n/a

04-21-2012 12:40 PM #12

Quote Originally Posted by xSync View Post
    i will also offer 50k vbux and +rep if we're allow to :y:
    You can if you want :y:

5. Sync Guest

Posts n/a

04-21-2012 12:45 PM #13

Quote Originally Posted by Ownage View Post
    Alright thank you let me know when this is gonna start.

Chaz Tremble Underfoot

Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 1,948

Membership Donator

04-21-2012 12:46 PM #14

If I had the skills I would love to do this :fa:
    Sounds fun and should bring some life back into the section instead of "cl plz"

Nice idea Ownage :y:

[
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]] [[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]]

Rangers 1690 Who’s Jim Erased?

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 724

Membership Standard

04-21-2012 12:47 PM #15

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfocus View Post
    can i make a thread on Mw2 exploits and hacks , with a competition of mods i mean codes ?¿
    That a Good idea put in the latest codes and a few menu base's
    because i had problems trying to find a 1.11 menu base with a verification system so this will help the people who want to start making there own patches

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Join Date

Posts n/a

04-21-2012 12:48 PM #16

Alright, in an effort to try and bring some fun and life back into this section, on behalf of NGU I have decided to start a competition within the mw2 patch section. :y:

NGU Monthly Patch making competition!

This competition is a month long. This should be enough time to compile a patch, make sure it works and then make a video of what your patch can do. These patches can be for 1.11 or 1.13. Things are always subject to change and can and will add rules or different things members suggest as we go along.

Rules:
    • No editing of a pre made patch. That would be considered ripping someones work. We will go through the patches with one of the better known patch makers.
    • You can use a base for a patch, as long as they were already released and allowed for use. We want to try and bring original ideas to the table
    • You can ask for help if someone is willing to give it. Do not make threads bugging for help though, or we will disqualify you from the competition
    • ORIGINAL ORIGINAL ORIGINAL! Can not stress this enough. Everyone is allowed to enter.

Rewards:
    Now I was brainstorming on this one. I wish at the moment I could give you guys a cash reward, but I can't offer that as of yet. This isnt a possibility at the moment. As of right now, the best patch will earn 250k vbux from an admin and +60 rep. These rewards can change as time goes on, if this competition stays active. Anyways. Happy patch making guys and I hope you enjoy this competition!

Also:

EDIT: If I can get enough feedback from this, I will start the competition this monday, April 23rd.

This is a pretty decent idea.

Also 1.13 or 1.11?

That should be included.

xKtF NGU Recovery Service

Join Date Oct 2011

Posts 3,753

Membership Elite

04-21-2012 12:49 PM #17

you should make like a list of the people who are enrolled to better manage this competition so we know who's doing it

KingcreekS NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBL

Join Date Oct 2011

Posts 762

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

04-21-2012 12:51 PM #18

A good idea is to make like a cup the people rate the patch , the patch that have more votes wins

DEREKTROTTER You're Goddamn Right

Join Date Feb 2010

Posts 10,078

Membership Former Staff

04-21-2012 12:51 PM #19

Quote Originally Posted by nathan632 View Post
    That a Good idea put in the latest codes and a few menu base's
    because i had problems trying to find a 1.11 menu base with a verification system so this will help the people who want to start making there own patches
    i say forget about mod menu's - no fun anymore

make a gamemode imo, something fun

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DEREKTROTTER For This Useful Post:

13. Join Date Feb 2010

Posts 6,298

Membership Donator

04-21-2012 01:01 PM #20

To me it'll get all the hype like MOTM did, then it'll die out.