Post: [PS3 / X360] How to update the checksum of a gamesave file. (CRC32)
11-28-2009, 05:40 AM #1
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You need two things:

-Hashtab
-BruteCRC32

Get HashTab from [You must login or register to view this content.] and right click an original file that is unedited and get its CRC32 hash, write it down / copy and paste it into notepad.

Edit the file with all your DVARS, save it, and look at the new hash, it's different. That's where BruteCRC32 comes in.
(The DVARS are all in the Console MP log. You must login or register to view this content.)

Download BruteCRC32 from [You must login or register to view this content. and open it, and then point it to the file you edited, and force it to have the CRC that you copy and pasted / wrote down earlier.

The program will appear to freeze, but it's just doing its job. Leave it alone, and you have an "original" save to use!

If anything needs to be cleared up, ask.

Example, let's say I was just editing GPAD0_MP.

You must login or register to view this content.
Using Hashtab I see the original CRC hash.
I then edit it, and get a different one below:

Then I use BruteCRC32 to "force" the new hash to become the old one, like it was never edited. See?

--Michael
Last edited by Michael ; 11-28-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Added 3 screenshots.

The following 8 users say thank you to Michael for this useful post:

[cQc]ZeKsTa, A_Fast_Black_Guy, Durk, fefantom, Hondarydr, liabrumlow, Mr BoB, NP Carling26
12-03-2009, 09:50 PM #47
H₂O
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Michael View Post
You need two things:

-Hashtab
-BruteCRC32

Get HashTab from [You must login or register to view this content.] and right click an original file that is unedited and get its CRC32 hash, write it down / copy and paste it into notepad.

Edit the file with all your DVARS, save it, and look at the new hash, it's different. That's where BruteCRC32 comes in.
(The DVARS are all in the Console MP log. You must login or register to view this content.)

Download BruteCRC32 from [You must login or register to view this content. and open it, and then point it to the file you edited, and force it to have the CRC that you copy and pasted / wrote down earlier.

The program will appear to freeze, but it's just doing its job. Leave it alone, and you have an "original" save to use!

If anything needs to be cleared up, ask.

Example, let's say I was just editing GPAD0_MP.

Using Hashtab I see the original CRC hash.
I then edit it, and get a different one below:

Then I use BruteCRC32 to "force" the new hash to become the old one, like it was never edited. See?

--Michael

Where the hell is GRADO_MP? Its not in my gamesave
12-05-2009, 01:05 PM #48
The-Don
I defeated!
If you guys want to know how to "Brute" MD5 and SHA1's as well, just post and I'll edit the topic.

Yes, how do you 'Brute' MD5 and SHA1's
12-05-2009, 01:45 PM #49
erm sorry 2 sound like a dick but whats a checksum

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

ill look into it more but can u help me out plz just quote this & help thx ill +rep u
12-05-2009, 02:00 PM #50
123tomw123
Pokemon Trainer
I haz edit checksum and forzed i7 but it d0es not read c0mm4nds from the file.

I iz 1337 h4x0r wiv my tr0py hax so u beter giv3 me da hax now or I wil e4t you.

(!)
12-06-2009, 02:18 PM #51
The-Don
I defeated!
Originally posted by UK View Post
erm sorry 2 sound like a dick but whats a checksum

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

ill look into it more but can u help me out plz just quote this & help thx ill +rep u

A checksum is the file hash that every file has. The PS3 reads the checksum in order to see if the gamesave has been tampered with. So if I changed God_Mode-"0" to God_Mode-"1" (just an example), the checksum and file hash would change, and the gamesave wouldn't read. However after bruting the checksum, the gamesave will read. That's the theory at least. However, 3 forms of hashes apply on PS3 gamesaves, MD5 CRC32 and SHA-1. We don't know which ones to brute, and as of now no SHA-1 or MD5 bruters exist. So, we can edit the code, not corrupt the file, but still not hack :( The author said he knows how to brute MD5 and SHA-1, but hasn't replied to my PM's or Quote's, so it may have been BS

If you guys want to know how to "Brute" MD5 and SHA1's as well, just post and I'll edit the topic.

So PLEASE RESPOND ANND UPDATE THE PIGGING POST MICHAEL. TELL US HOW TO MD5 AND SHA-1 BRUTE
Last edited by The-Don ; 12-06-2009 at 02:21 PM.
12-06-2009, 03:27 PM #52
What is this supposed to do?
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM #53
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
bmw any luck?
12-08-2009, 06:33 PM #54
can someone try this and PM me plz
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM #55
ONEster
I’m too L33T
This, bmxdude9's thread, and the Gamesave thread by HsX9 should be stickied.

Why not integrate them all into one sticky?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo