12-21-2009, 10:47 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PS3 Patch Blocker v1.0
You must login or register to view this content.

This works for all regions

Info
I have seen threads where you use 'PS3 Proxy' to block the SSL connection from the Patch server. I guess it works but it wont be as efficient as my method. My method still uses a proxy, but it does things diffrently creating a simpler and easyer process. This should be able to block patches for ALL games. But i created it around Modern Warfare 2.

Why Release?
This tool was a request from one of my other threads. So i decided to make it.

What is this?
What ever you want it to be :cool:.

How To Use
1. Enter your PS3's Network settings, Leave EVERYTHING appart from the option where it ask's for a Proxy Server. Press X on 'Use Proxy' and enter the IP my program shows and the port. (You can change the port)
2. Click [START] on my program.
3. You should be at the point where your PS3 wants you to Test the Connection. Do It! The Test should be successful.
4. Delete the patch you want to block, [Game Data] (e.g: Modern Warfare 1.07)
5. Load up the game and you shouldn't be asked to update.

Doesnt Work? Try This

Open up CMD, type in 'ipconfig' without the quotes (as seen above).
In the screenshot i have put a red rectangle around an IP '192.168.0.13'. On your screen it will be diffrent. So instead of using the IP my program tells you, Use the IP YOU SEE in CMD after typing in 'ipconfig'. Also, try changing the port in the program and use that port in the PS3 proxy settings too.

If you get signed-out just sign back in.

Simple!

Download
    https://rapidshare.com/files/347405216/PS3_Patch_Blocker_v1.0.zip
Last edited by TheUnkn0wn ; 11-21-2010 at 09:41 PM.

The following 280 users say thank you to TheUnkn0wn for this useful post:

-Blackhawks-, .Say Hi., Okami, +sFx. FeLiciTy, +sT IV_KILLER, +tA. Rick, +vA.LooSe, 123king, 123tomw123, 3RICK, 7R3B0R9, A_Fast_Black_Guy, aaron c., af12314, alcapoter, Alec-Syn_A7x, Alekz, MeowDev, ally mac, alotaibi2009, Andy1McD, Anera, AtlasK, balerdoni, BatFastard, Baw x modder, beastly12, Blade X, blah604, BLITZurMOM, bombom53, born2destroy, Boyd #1, bugmenot3, Byrond, CaptinMacTavish, Carbon0x, chaiiios, chris2k7sears, clankfan1, Clutch Hunterr, CoD_Killa21, codbeast781, connor1888cfc, Cooler, crevellboyz, ctarpon23, Daddy, D-Lyden's Hoe, D3cH, dacuna321, DaenerysTargy, Dan962k8, DANNY-P-2010, dansbmx, DarkxVirus, DecDeviL, Deffect47cgh, deJ, dfrost182, Diezel, diskreet, Disloyal, Disslzit, Dreamcather, driftkdd, DUB 2.0, duhbom, Durk, dustin13029, Dylan_Owns, dynonacht, edo526, elMatador15, Ep1cL3w7z, ericsklarski, exploit me, fefantom, Flokko-RCD, Fred0708, Free My Goat, FRESH_PAIR_OF_Js, Æ’rizz, g_cal, gamedominator20, Gamesharer, GamingRants, Gendjisan, GetDeleted -_-, goku-ss2, gola, gthotie5, GUESTYYY, H₂O, Hells, HippyKilla427, Honey, hp450 and 180 other users.
02-22-2011, 03:01 AM #965
longshotsniper
Can’t trickshot me!
Ty!!! I have been looking for this
03-03-2011, 08:44 PM #966
UrsusTheGrizzly
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by TheUnkn0wn View Post
PS3 Patch Blocker v1.0

Info
I have seen threads where you use 'PS3 Proxy' to block the SSL connection from the Patch server. I guess it works but it wont be as efficient as my method. My method still uses a proxy, but it does things diffrently creating a simpler and easyer process. This should be able to block patches for ALL games. But i created it around Modern Warfare 2.

Why Release?

What is this?

How To Use
1. Enter your PS3's Network settings, Leave EVERYTHING appart from the option where it ask's for a Proxy Server. Press X on 'Use Proxy' and enter the IP my program shows and the port. (You can change the port)
3. You should be at the point where your PS3 wants you to Test the Connection. Do It! The Test should be successful.

Doesnt Work? Try This

In the screenshot i have put a red rectangle around an IP '192.168.0.13'. On your screen it will be diffrent. So instead of using the IP my program tells you, Use the IP YOU SEE in CMD after typing in 'ipconfig'. Also, try changing the port in the program and use that port in the PS3 proxy settings too.

Simple!

Download

can i get a trouble and go to jail for using this?
03-05-2011, 09:22 AM #967
Ive bean collecting alot of patches for mw2,[email protected] i thought i would post it and share.Some files say MY EDIT cuz i edited names into patch. EliteMossy,DEREKTROTTER im sorry cuz i did take your name out of a few patches sorry.Also i have GODLYMODZ v4 edits i did in there.I have not tried them im not a good editer so they proly dont work sorry.Alot of the pkg stuff is from CLUTCHLIKEMELO.

Download link:You must login or register to view this content.

If you guys like it plz +rep
03-08-2011, 07:13 PM #968
Koyasan
Little One
Just as a note to any dev's, I am using ps3 dns and charles to rename the ps3 update list through computer.
Tried using this in conjunction with the Proxy server but it doesn't work - it seems as if it's one or the other (proxy server on = 'please update fw to 3.56', proxy server off = 'please update patch'.

Probably won't be a fix for this, but as a note to anyone doing the same as me, probably not worth trying patch blocker. (Unless you somehow get it to work)
Anyone that does get a JB working with patch blocker, please let me know Happy
03-08-2011, 10:51 PM #969
iChillz
Save Point
Originally posted by TheUnkn0wn View Post
PS3 Patch Blocker v1.0

Info

Why Release?

What is this?

How To Use

Doesnt Work? Try This

Simple!

Download
[/QUOTE

When i try setting up my internet connection it can't find my Internet connection it Says
Ip address Succeeded
Internet Connection Failed
Why does it fail it? is it becuase im using a the proxy server?
03-10-2011, 02:52 AM #970
do i need CFW for this? im on 3.56! ??
03-10-2011, 04:01 AM #971
amboy20
Pokemon Trainer
do i NEED a wired connection? or can i use a wireless connection ?
03-10-2011, 07:33 AM #972
xSlimShadyx
Little One
Omg this worked for me on all other patches but on 1.12 it wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2011, 01:17 PM #973
its keep searching lobbies for me on mw2 and cant find one

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo