01-08-2010, 04:20 AM #1
Aris94
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, I just encountered my first real problem with disc reading on my PS3. Every game or dvd will load besides Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I don't understand why because i checked the disc very thoroughly and there doesn't appear to be any scratches at all, big or small. This just happened today after having the game for nearly a month. I've searched the internet, including this site, for hours for a solution and haven't found one that has worked. I've fully restored my PS3 and have entered the restore mode by holding the power button twice and rebuilding my file data etc.. I really don't know why this might be happening, I might just end up switching it with a blockbuster MW2 if you guys can't help me out because I can't seem to find my receipt. Please help a fellow gamer guys.

*And there is no error message, the disc just doesn't show up, meaning that the loading icon remains moving*

Thanks, Aris94

btw, I have played for long periods of time (5+ hours) each time I start playing and haven't been switching the power off from the back of the PS3. (idk if that would cause this)
Last edited by Aris94 ; 01-08-2010 at 05:27 AM.
01-08-2010, 06:48 AM #11
Aris94
Save Point
Originally posted by BULLDOG34 View Post
Well that sucks go get a new 1

Thank you for putting so much thought into your answer man, I'm sure everybody loves to give you rep for your genius comments, am I correct?
01-08-2010, 02:31 PM #12
Originally posted by Grimsley33 View Post
Happened to me before, try deleting your gamesave for MW2.

its happened to before aswell on COD4, i deleted both gamesaves n patches..worked fine with me after that.
01-08-2010, 09:27 PM #13
Originally posted by Aris94 View Post
Hi guys, I just encountered my first real problem with disc reading on my PS3. Every game or dvd will load besides Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I don't understand why because i checked the disc very thoroughly and there doesn't appear to be any scratches at all, big or small. This just happened today after having the game for nearly a month. I've searched the internet, including this site, for hours for a solution and haven't found one that has worked. I've fully restored my PS3 and have entered the restore mode by holding the power button twice and rebuilding my file data etc.. I really don't know why this might be happening, I might just end up switching it with a blockbuster MW2 if you guys can't help me out because I can't seem to find my receipt. Please help a fellow gamer guys.

*And there is no error message, the disc just doesn't show up, meaning that the loading icon remains moving*

Thanks, Aris94

btw, I have played for long periods of time (5+ hours) each time I start playing and haven't been switching the power off from the back of the PS3. (idk if that would cause this)

i had this same problem exact same problem when i ejected my disc i looked at it very carefully and there was a crack in the middile or the disk where the hole is about 1.5 inches long. I had to buy a new disc
01-08-2010, 09:34 PM #14
Well, my mw2 f'd my blue ray laser. I haven't been able to play since 2 weeks ago. My ps3 loads DVDs an downloaded games but not MW2. So, I need to buy new ps3. I tried using my other MW2 copy but it still didn't work.:mad:
01-08-2010, 09:56 PM #15
Grimsley33
On Top of the Game
If isn't loading at all, and other games do then yea you will have to buy another one.
01-09-2010, 02:52 AM #16
Originally posted by Aris94 View Post
Thank you for putting so much thought into your answer man, I'm sure everybody loves to give you rep for your genius comments, am I correct?

haha well just go get 1 if your not poor
01-09-2010, 02:55 AM #17
GiiRaFFe
Pokemon Trainer
has a magnet been near the disk? lol maybe the scratch is on the the side with the graphic on it and you just haven't look on that side yet? or a chip on the edge?
02-01-2010, 10:25 PM #18
same happening with mine straight after new update, myps3 wouldnt load mw2 and the screen just goes black, as thoughits crashed, but still loads other games and blue rays. ive deleted my save data but still the screen goes black.
02-02-2010, 11:05 PM #19
This happened to me after the 1.08 update this last week. The game played immediately after the update, but when I turned it on the next day, it wouldn't load. The disk just spins in the drive and no game shows up on the ps3 menu.

I know it can't be the disk, cause I never took it out between sessions.
Anyone else have any insight?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo