01-08-2010, 04:20 AM #1
Aris94
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, I just encountered my first real problem with disc reading on my PS3. Every game or dvd will load besides Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I don't understand why because i checked the disc very thoroughly and there doesn't appear to be any scratches at all, big or small. This just happened today after having the game for nearly a month. I've searched the internet, including this site, for hours for a solution and haven't found one that has worked. I've fully restored my PS3 and have entered the restore mode by holding the power button twice and rebuilding my file data etc.. I really don't know why this might be happening, I might just end up switching it with a blockbuster MW2 if you guys can't help me out because I can't seem to find my receipt. Please help a fellow gamer guys.

*And there is no error message, the disc just doesn't show up, meaning that the loading icon remains moving*

Thanks, Aris94

btw, I have played for long periods of time (5+ hours) each time I start playing and haven't been switching the power off from the back of the PS3. (idk if that would cause this)
Last edited by Aris94 ; 01-08-2010 at 05:27 AM.
01-08-2010, 04:32 AM #2
muman
Banned
wuts the error?
01-08-2010, 04:33 AM #3
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
It seems like this would be an error with the disk, like a scratch or something, and you just can't see/find it. try using a friend's disk and see if the game will start.

(This is just based on the fact that this hasn't really happened before. It might be a problem with the actual game or PS#, but idk)
01-08-2010, 04:42 AM #4
T-Icey
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by picklecow10 View Post
It seems like this would be an error with the disk, like a scratch or something, and you just can't see/find it. try using a friend's disk and see if the game will start.

(This is just based on the fact that this hasn't really happened before. It might be a problem with the actual game or PS#, but idk)

yeah you should try that
01-08-2010, 04:52 AM #5
Aris94
Save Point
I don't think it is a problem with the PS3 because like I said, all other games and dvd's work fine. These include MGS4, COD4, and my Netflix PS3 disc. And there is no error message, the disc just doesn't show up, meaning that the loading icon remains moving.
01-08-2010, 05:08 AM #6
Grimsley33
On Top of the Game
Happened to me before, try deleting your gamesave for MW2.
01-08-2010, 05:12 AM #7
Aris94
Save Point
Originally posted by Grimsley33 View Post
Happened to me before, try deleting your gamesave for MW2.

Dude, I really need help. Please read my entire post, I restored my PS3. Wiped completely clean.
01-08-2010, 05:17 AM #8
Grimsley33
On Top of the Game
Originally posted by Aris94 View Post
Dude, I really need help. Please read my entire post, I restored my PS3. Wiped completely clean.

You never said what happens when you actually start it up, it might help to know what happens.

Does it freeze? Does it say the disc is unreadable? Does it do something else?
Last edited by Grimsley33 ; 01-08-2010 at 05:24 AM.
01-08-2010, 05:26 AM #9
Aris94
Save Point
Originally posted by Grimsley33 View Post
You never said what happens when you actually start it up, it might help to know what happens.

Does it freeze? Does it say the disc is unreadable? Does it do something else?

I'm sorry, I did add that in a comment I posted about two comments above yours. I probably should edit my original post to make it clearer for others to see.
01-08-2010, 05:39 AM #10
Well that sucks go get a new 1

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo