Post: Modern Warfare 3: Major Multiplayer Additions and Changes Revealed
07-14-2011, 08:32 PM #1
Stealth_Tek
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Originally posted by Ian
Modern Warfare 2 stripped the game of its Party Chat because it made it easier for 'boosters'-players who collaborated with each other in order to game their levels and unlocks- to cheat on servers or rig matches.

Infinity Ward says that a change will be made to Modern Warfare 3 that allows for players to use Party Chat once again, but only in certain modes. This comes in the wake of complaints that the lack of Party Chat made it difficult for competitive gamers to set matches up.

"When designing multiplayer, especially Modern Warfare multiplayer, you have 30 million people. They are all very different," said Robert Bowling. "You have guys playing just for fun, just want to jump on there and have a good time. You have your hardcore competitive guys. You have your casual guys that maybe are competitive, they're just not as good. It's all about delivering a platform to allow you to have fun the way you want to have fun without hindering the other audiences.

"A major focus of Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer is allowing you to have a lot more control over how you play, looking at those restrictions and doing away with stuff like Party Chat blocking that's super hardcore. It's about giving options. We will have places where competitive guys go where you might have restrictive voice chat. And then you have an option to maybe play that same mode without the same restrictions if that's the type of player you are.

"The only place where Party Chat should be blocked is Search & destroy, and won't be blocked for modes like Domination."

Multiplayer maps with likewise be seeing some major changes to their spawnpoints in order to prevent players from being surprised by those they just killed. It's a regular problem in games like Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 where players often respawn behind their enemies immediately after death because of how spawn points are currently set up.

Robert Bowling says that maps will be revamped to have fewer hot spots, thus discouraging players from camping."Modern Warfare style is, for me, all about the high-speed, fast-paced?and I'm talking in terms of smooth controls and 60-frames-per-second framerate,-infantry-focused combat. And it's all focused on that gun-on-gun gameplay, especially in Modern Warfare 3"

The game, he said to Kotaku, will return Modern Warfare to its roots in the first game, away from the air strikes and killstreaks of MW2 and Black Ops.

"I feel like it's something we nailed with Call of Duty 4. We moved away from it a little bit with MW2, relying heavily on air support, killstreaks, perks and stuff like that. Modern Warfare 3, very much [is] building up from that call of duty 4 mentality of gun-on-gun, fast-paced infantry gameplay."

"Call of Duty 4 was much more simplistic in its map design: you have the sight points, you have the routes players will take. It was very flat in terms of where you could go. Modern Warfare 2 had a major focus on vertical combat, increasing the multi-floor levels, increasing the number of buildings you go into," he said.

"There were a lot more players you could go than just the main routes and buildings where you were meant to go. That encourages and discourages a lot of types of gameplay. With Modern Warfare 3, it's much, much more on allowing you to focus on what's necessary; it's making vertical combat when it makes sense but not a blanket rule across every map. You will have some maps that focus on verticality and that are focused on multiple things. And then you have other maps that are very limited on the hotspots. The hotspots are a key thing on Modern Warfare 3. We went into each map wanting you to be able to turn a corner and know very easily that these are three- no more than five-places I need to check.

"For the hardcore guys who have been with us since the beginning, that speaks volumes: the map design, the return to focus on gun-on-gun, all that stuff. I like to always make sure the hardcore players know we're building it up for them."

I personally think MW3 will be outstanding, after reading this.. It is going back to the Call of Duty 4 roots, which is what I've always wanted!.. What are your thoughts?

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Stealth_Tek ; 07-15-2011 at 09:00 PM.

The following 6 users say thank you to Stealth_Tek for this useful post:

Dark Spirits, MagesticTiger, oO_NeoN, T Vyrus, Thristle, TrytoYOLO

The following 2 users groaned at Stealth_Tek for this awful post:

game1231, Wondoh
07-14-2011, 09:20 PM #11
S9GamingStudio
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by x View Post
Lol that's true. I'm sure there'll be less boosters though.

Hopefully =D
07-14-2011, 10:36 PM #12
nbreznov
Do a barrel roll!
I love killstreaks MW2 had inventive killstreakss and they were very fun to use I wish they wud just balance them out instead of staying away
07-15-2011, 12:59 AM #13
anything but the ugly piece of shit 3ARC gave us is better and even better to the fact that MW3 is going back to the god of all MP CoD games CoD4!
07-15-2011, 01:25 AM #14
Sounds Awesome. And I Loved CoD4 Cuz It Had The Best Maps.
07-15-2011, 03:14 AM #15
Wait a minute. By party chat, are they referring to PC? Or are they talking about mics like when your not in a pregame lobby? If they are talking about mics in a party, thats stupid as hell!!! I mean really? We cant talk before we get into a public lobby? What if we want to discuss strategy, or just talk about random sh*t. (Like random n00bs we just met in the last match or the hot chicks we met) Its a horrible idea. I understand they are trying to prevent boosting but look at it this way. There are 30,000,000 people that play CoD across all three major platforms. I'm guessing about 5,000,000 -- 8,000,000 boost. (it may be more or it may be less) So in other words your robbing 25,000,000 -- 22,000,000 (more or less) of a very useful function. Not to mention, people who use mics while boosting are idiots. They use PSN messages or XBOX Live messages to stay secret.
(I included the zeros in the millions to make a point)
07-15-2011, 03:56 AM #16
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by x View Post
Same here Awesome face

Lol that's not true. It's for gun-on-gun action, because MW2 was full of air support & that's not what they're aiming for.

It encouraged camping though..

I wish the scrubs who hate killstreaks would play Battlefield 3... I don't why people here think less killstreaks will decrease campers anyway. People cry regardless just like they'll camp for K/D.

It's not fair that just because some bum can't kill campers we all have to suffer.

Just add a "Open Football field mode for people who get owned by campers. Camping isn't a hack. It's a playstyle..l A LAME play style but still. I loved getting AC 130 kills.

Gun on gun gameplay promotes bitching about overpowered guns. Who has ever got an AC 130 and thought, "Man I want gun on gun gameplay"????
Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 07-15-2011 at 04:01 AM.
07-15-2011, 04:23 AM #17
Stealth_Tek
At least I can fight
Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
Wait a minute. By party chat, are they referring to PC? Or are they talking about mics like when your not in a pregame lobby? If they are talking about mics in a party, thats stupid as hell!!! I mean really? We cant talk before we get into a public lobby? What if we want to discuss strategy, or just talk about random sh*t. (Like random n00bs we just met in the last match or the hot chicks we met) Its a horrible idea. I understand they are trying to prevent boosting but look at it this way. There are 30,000,000 people that play CoD across all three major platforms. I'm guessing about 5,000,000 -- 8,000,000 boost. (it may be more or it may be less) So in other words your robbing 25,000,000 -- 22,000,000 (more or less) of a very useful function. Not to mention, people who use mics while boosting are idiots. They use PSN messages or XBOX Live messages to stay secret.
(I included the zeros in the millions to make a point)

Lol they meant XBL cross-game voice chat parties.
07-15-2011, 04:51 AM #18
idk_-
Keeper
They Should Stick To Being Like Mw2 if its Not All New Better Killstreaks and Guns + Some old Good Guns Then they can Bet on Me going on returning the game.
(Hope its Just upgraded Guns Not Another Gay B.O. )
07-15-2011, 05:07 AM #19
Stealth_Tek
At least I can fight
Originally posted by idk
They Should Stick To Being Like Mw2 if its Not All New Better Killstreaks and Guns + Some old Good Guns Then they can Bet on Me going on returning the game.
(Hope its Just upgraded Guns Not Another Gay B.O. )

Most of the confirmed weapons are pretty much the guns from MW2 and CoD4 No

Oh well though, they do look a little different and probably handles and sounds different too. It's still Call of Duty in my case, love it ever since :love:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo