12-07-2011, 02:33 PM #1
Lekic
Make it Reign!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey Guys,

As you all know, IW has hotfixed an exp limit of 50k per match for any game mode online - meaning that if you gain more than 50k exp in a match, all of your exp gained is disregarded.
Many of us are bummed out by this, however their is a bit of a modified way in which Strafe Boosting can take place, still leveling relatively fast.

First things first - The Class:

Primary: Any (LMG recommended to shoot down a final heli from strafe if you fail your stinger or are using Javelin)
Secondary: Stinger (If you are <40 - either use a prestige token to unlock (must be Prestige 1), or just get someones Player 2 on other team to leave it out so when you kill them you take it)
Perk 1: Blind Eye
Perk 2: Hardline
Perk 3: Your Choice

Now, The Killstreaks:
Sentry Gun
Strafe Run
Assault Drone

Basically, the same setup as normal strafing.

Now, where the modification comes in - The Process:

So since we have a limit of 50k, we need to improvise. In this process, both players will get to kill.

1. Assign yourself a partner on the opposite team.
2. You go to the enemy spawn and kill the 3 AFK players (Everyone but your partner) - your partner does the same at your base.
3. After killing, meet up at a bomb site and let the planter plant while the defuser defuses.
THE CHANGE
4. When it reaches 3-0, switch players. Meaning that the 2 people who weren't killing are now killers and planters/defusers; rather than the same 2 going the whole way through.
5. Call in killstreaks as per normal. Destroy your partners killstreaks etc etc.

This way you should roughly get 40,000-45,000 exp; never pushing the 50k mark. It may seem vastly slower, but remember. You get this every match! (As opposed to every second the normal way)
That's basically it! Happy

Hope you guys find this guide informative Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to Lekic for this useful post:

Nova9555, Slick
12-07-2011, 03:27 PM #2
Ben
Former Staff
Originally posted by Lekic View Post
Hey Guys,

As you all know, IW has hotfixed an exp limit of 50k per match for any game mode online - meaning that if you gain more than 50k exp in a match, all of your exp gained is disregarded.
Many of us are bummed out by this, however their is a bit of a modified way in which Strafe Boosting can take place, still leveling relatively fast.

First things first - The Class:

Primary: Any (LMG recommended to shoot down a final heli from strafe if you fail your stinger or are using Javelin)
Secondary: Stinger (If you are <40 - either use a prestige token to unlock (must be Prestige 1), or just get someones Player 2 on other team to leave it out so when you kill them you take it)
Perk 1: Blind Eye
Perk 2: Hardline
Perk 3: Your Choice

Now, The Killstreaks:
Sentry Gun
Strafe Run
Assault Drone

Basically, the same setup as normal strafing.

Now, where the modification comes in - The Process:

So since we have a limit of 50k, we need to improvise. In this process, both players will get to kill.

1. Assign yourself a partner on the opposite team.
2. You go to the enemy spawn and kill the 3 AFK players (Everyone but your partner) - your partner does the same at your base.
3. After killing, meet up at a bomb site and let the planter plant while the defuser defuses.
THE CHANGE
4. When it reaches 3-0, switch players. Meaning that the 2 people who weren't killing are now killers and planters/defusers; rather than the same 2 going the whole way through.
5. Call in killstreaks as per normal. Destroy your partners killstreaks etc etc.

This way you should roughly get 40,000-45,000 exp; never pushing the 50k mark. It may seem vastly slower, but remember. You get this every match! (As opposed to every second the normal way)
That's basically it! Happy

Hope you guys find this guide informative Smile

So challenges do not count in the 50K limit? Also, so imagine A1 and B1 are going first. They will only kill B2 and A2 and only get 2 kills each round? Is that what you mean?
12-07-2011, 03:30 PM #3
Lekic
Make it Reign!
Originally posted by ClutchLikeBenny View Post
So challenges do not count in the 50K limit? Also, so imagine A1 and B1 are going first. They will only kill B2 and A2 and only get 2 kills each round? Is that what you mean?

Challenges don't count Smile

No, each player has their second controller on so 4 people but in reality 8 "players" (enough to have a team tac match) A1 kills everyone on other team except B1 (3 kills a round) Smile
12-07-2011, 03:33 PM #4
very good tutorial thanks!
Last edited by Sociability ; 12-08-2011 at 06:16 PM.
12-07-2011, 03:35 PM #5
Question so Lets say Im playing a normal Demol.. and I get 55k XP In one game they won't count?? Or will they ?
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM #6
Ben
Former Staff
Originally posted by Lekic View Post
Challenges don't count Smile

No, each player has their second controller on so 4 people but in reality 8 "players" (enough to have a team tac match) A1 kills everyone on other team except B1 (3 kills a round) Smile

Isn't strafe run boosting like that already? So I think I misunderstood Smile
12-07-2011, 03:46 PM #7
Shockk
I’m too L33T
The first killers and planters/defusers do they get to call in killstreaks and destroy them or do the second people just do that ?
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM #8
I just had a question. After doing a bit of the math I'm thinking that you can end up hitting exactly 50k in the first 3 rounds if you're not careful.

Here's the math:

Round 1: 4000 xp (from kills and plant)
Round 2: 4000 + 1000 (sentry) + 3000 (assualt drone) + 15 000 (strafe run)
Round 3: Same as Round 2.

Total XP = (4000 x 3) + (1000 x 2) + (3000 x 2) + (15 000 x 2) = 50 000

So as you can see you get exactly 50k and I'm not sure if the xp gained is negated if it's exactly 50k. (I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me)
The simple fix for this is to kill one person without a head shot every round.
I just wrote this up for people like myself who took a while to notice.
Once again, thanks for the thread.
12-07-2011, 06:27 PM #9
Matt-E-Fresh
Do a barrel roll!
The person that goes 4 rounds will end up going over 50,000xp. The best way would be to never kill the 1st controllers on each team and only get 2 kills per round to be safe.
12-07-2011, 08:57 PM #10
orange12
Space Ninja
psn: ahad-bros

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo