01-22-2012, 07:52 PM #1
boss10000
Like A.....
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Quiet simple it makes shotguns more useful, instead of press button = shotgun now shotguns have more of a place

The following 2 users say thank you to boss10000 for this useful post:

glitchplz, xVii-

The following 14 users groaned at boss10000 for this awful post:

Anthony., BuffaloBooker, Cubs, Dopey, Grumpfy, Hidden-, iNK Shot, Kratos_, MagesticTiger, User23434, My Hate, Press ►, Pro Era, Shootprado
01-22-2012, 09:56 PM #11
iNK Shot
Why Can't I Be MVP?
Originally posted by Justice View Post
Panic knife is the second lamest term/excuse in COD. Tryhard being the first.

I suck at knifing so I using try to shoot guys 2 feet away which in all honesty is my fault. If a guy is close enough to knife you....YOURE CLOSE ENOUGH TO KNIFE HIM. Only time knifing sucks is when you add lag into the equation otherwise have some awareness. The knife in this game isn't MW2 or even BO bad...

Why is it called panic knifing? Isn't it about reacting? Which is what CoD is about...
01-22-2012, 09:57 PM #12
hitman2120
Do a barrel roll!
I've been saying this ever since CoD4; they should have never removed gun melee. The terrible hosting system coupled with the extremely random knife lunges makes for a frustrating experience. Honestly they have so many options to fix such as in the case of Battlefield where only backstabs are one hit and force an animation, knife killing one hit but having to be equipped with the d-pad, knife being completely removed - as in you literally have to next them to get a kill and/or keep lunge but gunfire causes them to flinch and stop the lunge.

Either way I doubt they will ever change it; not only can the devs not even play their own game but their games are marketed to those between the ages of 10-17 who adore all their cheap kills.

The following user thanked hitman2120 for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
01-22-2012, 11:30 PM #13
lemm
TEH LEMM
I don't think it should be removed, but it should be nerfed... If I'm spraying at someone at close range and have already hit them 3 times, they should never be able to kill me with one knife swipe.
01-22-2012, 11:40 PM #14
Ameht!
Dark Knight
Originally posted by apkpmix View Post
Knife actually have saved me buncha times while using shotgun.

Off topic.. Today I killed 3 people from behind and they all fell for second chance... Just wanted to share cause it was ridiculous...

there's the problem right there , 1 stupid knife swipe , IS NOT suppose to save your ass , 1 hit kill knife is 1 of many reasons why cod fails

The following 2 users groaned at Ameht! for this awful post:

Cubs, Wondoh
01-23-2012, 12:03 AM #15
Wondoh
Former Staff
Why would you want to remove the knife?
As many times as your saying you get killed by it
I sure you use it just as much. I don't see why people frown upon so called panic knifing. You should praise them for having quicker reactions, as that is what it comes down to.

As for it being overpowered would you rather it underpowered like in BF?
You knife someone and they just stand there :dumb:

If you are a real soldier you could easily kill with one knife swipe, most soldiers would know where the main arteries are and can easily kill you.

The following 2 users say thank you to Wondoh for this useful post:

Cubs, Porter_Justice
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM #16
GIRAFA
Creep-creep!!
The only time i get upset is when a Split-Screen knifes me.
Will they remove the knife? i doubt it, but what Call of Duty should do is make Tactical the default button layout
01-23-2012, 12:46 AM #17
I dont think they should get rid of it, but ive always felt that they should either get rid of lunge altogether, or speed up the knife animation and make it two hits to kill.
01-23-2012, 01:13 AM #18
Press ►
am r supr fgt
Quit being a pussy just because you get killed by a knife time to time. It's a very legitimate tactic to kill an enemy from blank range. If he can knife you, you could knife him.

The following user thanked Press ► for this useful post:

Porter_Justice

The following user groaned Press ► for this awful post:

glitchplz
01-23-2012, 01:14 AM #19
xVii-
Big Sister
Originally posted by Wondoh View Post
Why would you want to remove the knife?
As many times as your saying you get killed by it
I sure you use it just as much. I don't see why people frown upon so called panic knifing. You should praise them for having quicker reactions, as that is what it comes down to.

As for it being overpowered would you rather it underpowered like in BF?
You knife someone and they just stand there :dumb:

If you are a real soldier you could easily kill with one knife swipe, most soldiers would know where the main arteries are and can easily kill you.

Dont bring realism into this. If it were realistic, you would have to equip the knife like in battlefield.

My opinion is that it should either be a gun melee like in halo, where its only a 1 melee kill from behind, or a 1 melee kill equipable weapon like in battlefield.

The following 2 users say thank you to xVii- for this useful post:

glitchplz, ResistTheSun

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo