01-22-2012, 07:52 PM #1
boss10000
Like A.....
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Quiet simple it makes shotguns more useful, instead of press button = shotgun now shotguns have more of a place

The following 2 users say thank you to boss10000 for this useful post:

glitchplz, xVii-

The following 14 users groaned at boss10000 for this awful post:

Anthony., BuffaloBooker, Cubs, Dopey, Grumpfy, Hidden-, iNK Shot, Kratos_, MagesticTiger, User23434, My Hate, Press ►, Pro Era, Shootprado
01-23-2012, 05:04 AM #20
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
Panic knifing is gay, BF3/cs:s have a much better method of knifing. Then again I think we have found out COD is a lot less realistic than other shooters.
01-23-2012, 05:07 AM #21
Default Avatar
COD
panic knife, im sure you have used it.
01-23-2012, 05:25 AM #22
Fox.
Brute
They shouldnt remove the knife, just the knife range. Its like commando in Mw2...
01-23-2012, 05:39 AM #23
Originally posted by iNK
Why is it called panic knifing? Isn't it about reacting? Which is what CoD is about...

I was watching my brother play today and he was 15 feet from the enemy and knifed as soon as he saw him. If he had thought at all before reacting he would have known there was a 0 chance of reaching him. Cod is about reacting, but it's also about things like thinking and skill etc. The actual skill it takes to shot someone close up is a lot greater than pressing one button that reaches around the whole screen and is a one hit kill. Hope i cleared that up :nb:
01-23-2012, 06:13 AM #24
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
^Nice exaggeration.

People are quick to talk about COD being for "kids" but honestly look at what we're debating...

A ****ing knife. The same knife you have. A knife that isn't beefed up with some perk. It's the same exact ****ing knife EVERYBODY has. Look at the shit you guys complain about I mean really? A knife?

I'd rather a guy knife my dumb ass UP CLOSE than a random tube, RPG, grenade from 50 feet away. Put things into perspective. I suck ass at knife but I rarely have situations where a guy is in my face knifing me. Knifing isn't anymore annoying than other deaths. The OP has 40+ MOABs and is a beast player yet he nitpicks little shit like this.

COD has just as many people trying to turn their venting into legitimate issues as they do kids...

The following 2 users say thank you to Porter_Justice for this useful post:

User23434, Wondoh
01-23-2012, 07:52 AM #25
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Wondoh View Post
Why would you want to remove the knife?
As many times as your saying you get killed by it
I sure you use it just as much. I don't see why people frown upon so called panic knifing. You should praise them for having quicker reactions, as that is what it comes down to.

As for it being overpowered would you rather it underpowered like in BF?
You knife someone and they just stand there :dumb:

If you are a real soldier you could easily kill with one knife swipe, most soldiers would know where the main arteries are and can easily kill you.

Try watching the military channel they don't do one swipe and are done. Plus they swipes in MW3 are not on arteries or even touching you sometimes. In a comparison between Iranian and US military tactics during the knife portion, Cod knifing is put to shame. It just is incredibly inaccurate in portraying real life.

Knifing should be meant as a method of showboating in my opinion personally, first off face it if you want to bring a realistic situation into this a gun would beat a knife no problem. Knifing has to be one of the most unrealistic parts of call of duty, that is why it is hated on. If IW introduced some sort of skill to knifing it would be better but at the moment it takes absolutely no skill, you press one button and anything within a 180 degrees range and what can be an absurd distance dies. Then when you bring in the lag factor you get killed by people that were facing the complete ****ing opposite direction of you and they get a kill. If they introduce some type of "you have to aim it at them somewhat accurately to kill" method it would be acceptable. You shouldn't be able to get a kill on someone who is prone by knifing with your cross-hairs not even over their body. Overall it is broken, unrealistic, and over accurate. I wouldn't mind one hit kills but ffs make there be some skill related to knifing.

Originally posted by Justice View Post
^Nice exaggeration.

People are quick to talk about COD being for "kids" but honestly look at what we're debating...

A ****ing knife. The same knife you have. A knife that isn't beefed up with some perk. It's the same exact ****ing knife EVERYBODY has. Look at the shit you guys complain about I mean really? A knife?

I'd rather a guy knife my dumb ass UP CLOSE than a random tube, RPG, grenade from 50 feet away. Put things into perspective. I suck ass at knife but I rarely have situations where a guy is in my face knifing me. Knifing isn't anymore annoying than other deaths. The OP has 40+ MOABs and is a beast player yet he nitpicks little shit like this.

COD has just as many people trying to turn their venting into legitimate issues as they do kids...

Op is complaining as a hardcore gamer who has played enough to judge the game and aspects for flaws. Knifing is unpredictable in range/degree you need to be facing etc and overall unrealistic. I think he proves a valid point.
Last edited by glitchplz ; 01-23-2012 at 07:57 AM.

The following user thanked glitchplz for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM #26
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by Justice View Post
^Nice exaggeration.

Couldn't agree more, it's just a knife, no one has really complained about it until now. Everyone complained about commando in mw2 but they never complained that the knife was overpowered. People complain when they get killed by it, yet I doubt they complain when it saves their ass.

Originally posted by glitchplz View Post
Try watching the military channel they don't do one swipe and are done. Plus they swipes in MW3 are not on arteries or even touching you sometimes. In a comparison between Iranian and US military tactics during the knife portion, Cod knifing is put to shame. It just is incredibly inaccurate in portraying real life.

Knifing should be meant as a method of showboating in my opinion personally, first off face it if you want to bring a realistic situation into this a gun would beat a knife no problem. Knifing has to be one of the most unrealistic parts of call of duty, that is why it is hated on. If IW introduced some sort of skill to knifing it would be better but at the moment it takes absolutely no skill, you press one button and anything within a 180 degrees range and what can be an absurd distance dies. Then when you bring in the lag factor you get killed by people that were facing the complete ****ing opposite direction of you and they get a kill. If they introduce some type of "you have to aim it at them somewhat accurately to kill" method it would be acceptable. You shouldn't be able to get a kill on someone who is prone by knifing with your cross-hairs not even over their body. Overall it is broken, unrealistic, and over accurate. I wouldn't mind one hit kills but ffs make there be some skill related to.

COD never has or never will aim for realism, and Again people who say BF is more realistic are also stupid (e.g the quick take off times, of helicopters, The ability to jump out of a jet and jump back in it) , there are issues in all games which make them not realistic that's why they are games.

The following user thanked Wondoh for this useful post:

User23434
01-23-2012, 10:18 AM #27
I would rather have an equippable knife or a two hit kill gun melee attack instead of the current knife but hey ho it's not going anywhere. We just have to live with it, even when people knife lunge through a face of shotgun shells. I rarely use the knife anyway but when I have it's been a butt saver... Plus playing on tactical means its just too much effort to hit circle.
01-23-2012, 10:21 AM #28
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
lol this is just stupid y not just have a class with a shotgun lol surly wen u knife sum1 and u have no ammo ur love having the knifing button Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo