01-22-2012, 07:52 PM #1
boss10000
Like A.....
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Quiet simple it makes shotguns more useful, instead of press button = shotgun now shotguns have more of a place

The following 2 users say thank you to boss10000 for this useful post:

glitchplz, xVii-

The following 14 users groaned at boss10000 for this awful post:

Anthony., BuffaloBooker, Cubs, Dopey, Grumpfy, Hidden-, iNK Shot, Kratos_, MagesticTiger, User23434, My Hate, Press ►, Pro Era, Shootprado
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM #38
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by glitchplz View Post
You are going to use realism as a pro argument then change the next second and use it as a con?

Also it seems as if this is becoming an elitist vs lower class type debate. The top tier of players hate it and the lower tier love it.

No I am not using either as an argument, I'm just simply stating how both of them could be seen as realistic or not realistic In some description.
As for your second point, I don't see why people think that using your knife is considered a "nooby" move? If you have quick enough reactions then it's a skill to be able to quickly knife an oncoming guy before he shoots you.

For me it comes down to people who think they are "pro" trying to find every excuse to blame on their death. An example of what I've heard in my matches are:
"Ohh look at you tryharding"
"why are you sitting in a corner" (while defending a HQ)
"Look how shit you are"

They always try to come up with a reason behind them dying. It's the same for the "panic knife" its an excuse for them dying.
01-23-2012, 10:32 PM #39
hitman2120
Do a barrel roll!
The problem with knifing is that it is incredibly random; sometimes you will have people lunge at you from 10+ feet away, ignoring all the bullets you put into them. And therein lies the problem, they don't die as they lunge, regardless of how much you shoot. Other times you can be within breathing distance of them and not even get a hit them. How can they make something that is insta-kill so random? IDK why people even bother to argue with this you have it too so use it. The if you can't beat them join them mentality is so dumb. The key being can't beat them. You know there is a problem when you can't beat them without duplicating them. Honestly shooters had it right before this 1HK bs was introduced. Knifing isn't the straw that will break the camel's back but this coupled with the multitudes of retarded mechanics in this game make it so incredibly bland and frustrating.

The following user thanked hitman2120 for this useful post:

xVii-
01-23-2012, 10:46 PM #40
chrisauh
Little One
I hate the knife, it's just frustrating to get killed by. But it does not kill me THAT much, only sometimes there are these random ass lunges from 20+ feet away.

The knife is definitely a problem...
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM #41
Why do people use the term panic knifing so much. Like anytime you get knifed is a panic knife. What's not a panic knife? If you're shooting a foot away i'm not going to try to shoot back. I'm going to knife you. It's not even panic, it's more like either knife or loose the fight.

The following user thanked Fraser017 for this useful post:

Porter_Justice

The following user groaned Fraser017 for this awful post:

chrisauh
01-23-2012, 10:51 PM #42
xVii-
Big Sister
Originally posted by Justice View Post
^Nice exaggeration.

People are quick to talk about COD being for "kids" but honestly look at what we're debating...

A ****ing knife. The same knife you have. A knife that isn't beefed up with some perk. It's the same exact ****ing knife EVERYBODY has. Look at the shit you guys complain about I mean really? A knife?

I'd rather a guy knife my dumb ass UP CLOSE than a random tube, RPG, grenade from 50 feet away. Put things into perspective. I suck ass at knife but I rarely have situations where a guy is in my face knifing me. Knifing isn't anymore annoying than other deaths. The OP has 40+ MOABs and is a beast player yet he nitpicks little shit like this.

COD has just as many people trying to turn their venting into legitimate issues as they do kids...

So someone who has no gun skills getting support kill streaks bothers you, but for them to be able to get a kill by panicking and lunging across a room doesn't?
01-24-2012, 12:40 AM #43
Octavia
"PonyF ag"
They need to replace knife with buttstock melee attack.

Or make it where you NEED to pull out your knife, instead of magically appear out of nowhere.
01-24-2012, 02:09 AM #44
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by xVii
So someone who has no gun skills getting support kill streaks bothers you, but for them to be able to get a kill by panicking and lunging across a room doesn't?

You are correct.

A knife is dependent on 4 things:
a.) being in close with quick reaction
b.) lag
c.) luck by lunging through bullets
d.) trying to shoot a guy TWO FEET in front of you when you could have knifed.

Support killstreaks require points only. How many times do you get panic knifed in 5 games compared to how many Support users with negative numbers getting EMP, Noob Bombers, etc?

I'l take a random occasional knife over a grenade from the heavens or a Noob Bomber. At least with the knife I have a better chance of knifing first,drop shotting or the guy missing.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Originally posted by 0 View Post
Knifing is for fags remove default button layout and leave tactical see how many fags knife you then lmao i rarely knife only if out of ammo the way it should be used not no panic where you grip your controller scared and accidently knife

Someone is a "fag" for knifing? Whay wouldyou cal people who bitch about knives even though I guarantee knives aren't even 10% of their deaths. You guys here bitch about everything like seriously. I definitely understand how annoying knifing through bullets from a distance an be but you guys exaggerate too much. Random grenade tosses and cars blowing up cause way more deaths than "panic" knives do. Should grenades be removed too?
Originally posted by Drug
/facepalm
It's not equal when every noob uses default button layout and a large number of skilled players use tactical. Your thumb is always on R3 so panic knifing is child's play. With tactical you need to reposition on the controller, even skilled players that can do it fast are no match for "OMG AN ENEMY" instant R3 reaction.

Oh look you can pull out a knife and kill someone in half a second and reholster it! It makes me lose a lot of respect that Call of Duty hasn't improved on this, and I understand why many call it an arcade shooter. Knifing takes no skill. Only connection and default settings. That is all.

Then all you'll here is,"OMG,drop shotting is sooo overpowered,they need to remove panic dropshotting"

The following user groaned Porter_Justice for this awful post:

Montealvo_0
01-24-2012, 02:26 AM #45
Pimp
Rustler Of Jimmies
my opinion is this , i don't know alot about battlefield or how the military does it . However , i would like the following
1. To have gun melees (make them a 2 hit on full , a 1 hit when damaged)
2. Make the throwing knife a stabable knife , instead of everybody having a knife use the throwing knife to stab . Also make the stabbing animation more legit.
3. Have 3 throwing knives (default) , and make scavenger replenish .

That would be a good idea stare
01-24-2012, 08:07 PM #46
I dislike "panic knifing" as well because if I come around the corner and I'm hip firing with an SMG or AR and the guys goes oh shit and mashes R3 in then it's like my bullets meant shit. I reacted first and started shooting but because he uses default layout he gets a cheap kill. Bullet damage face to face maybe needs to be increased because that should be my kill.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo