01-22-2012, 07:52 PM #1
boss10000
Like A.....
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Quiet simple it makes shotguns more useful, instead of press button = shotgun now shotguns have more of a place

The following 2 users say thank you to boss10000 for this useful post:

glitchplz, xVii-

The following 14 users groaned at boss10000 for this awful post:

Anthony., BuffaloBooker, Cubs, Dopey, Grumpfy, Hidden-, iNK Shot, Kratos_, MagesticTiger, User23434, My Hate, Press ►, Pro Era, Shootprado
01-25-2012, 12:39 AM #47
Originally posted by boss10000 View Post
Quiet simple it makes shotguns more useful, instead of press button = shotgun now shotguns have more of a place

I wouldn't say "remove" the knife but mabye switch it to a button where if the person does get scared and tense up on the controller it won't make him knife.

Example: Tactical layout
01-25-2012, 01:22 AM #48
Dylan_NGU
Little One
The knife should be like CSS. You have to actually pull it out. Like a 3rd weapon or another equipment.
With panic knifing being a very VERY common thing to happen, it puts to question why CoD is called a "First Person SHOOTER".

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Originally posted by iNK
Why is it called panic knifing? Isn't it about reacting? Which is what CoD is about...

Its is called "panic knifing" because while using the default button layout, it isn't much of a reaction to press the knife button. R3 is very easy to just press. Now it is more of a reaction when using the tactical layout, because you actually have to react to move your thumb to press circle.
01-25-2012, 07:16 PM #49
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by boss10000 View Post
Quiet simple it makes shotguns more useful, instead of press button = shotgun now shotguns have more of a place

Please please please follow up with something better then that :/
Your post lacks any real substance or depth , the daily mail has more depth then this post.
Am not surprised you got hated on
You do have a point.

I should have made this post sooner.......damn it

The knife needs tuning along with a couple other factors in this game.
Of course how the game works right now is the image of the dev team we can't demand they change it to suit are image.
Saying that I do think the knife in it current form is broken

The term panic knifing comes from the fact that you may react first but you die
Yet the other player panics and presses a buttons kills you

It annoying to die due to the knife if you reacted first.
So what my problem with the knife to put it simply you can use it as a primary weapon. I think it should be a weapon of last resort not the first thing you do.

BF3 has returned the knife to where it should be a weapon of last resort. It one thing I praise about that game.
But the knife is underpowered in BF. No the knife is where it should be strong and a weapon of last resort.
Only people who say the knife is underpowered are the ones who only played COD style shooters and not ones before that style.

Saying that the knife in COD should be tuned for COD not BF3. So how BF has done the knife may not the be the best idea for COD.

As to how to tune the knife could be less damage , less range , press twice to use etc
You need to play test it.

Right now close combat in this game is a joke , the knife should not be king of close combat when you have nothing left knife.

Originally posted by Justice View Post
Panic knife is the second lamest term/excuse in COD. Tryhard being the first.

I suck at knifing so I using try to shoot guys 2 feet away which in all honesty is my fault. If a guy is close enough to knife you....YOURE CLOSE ENOUGH TO KNIFE HIM. Only time knifing sucks is when you add lag into the equation otherwise have some awareness. The knife in this game isn't MW2 or even BO bad...

I believe the knife lunge is the same as bo.
It still broken and needs tuning but then again
Maybe i come from a age where close combat was not press one button and win. Only time you used a knife is when you run out of ammo and could not reload in time.

Maybe am more of a hardcore gamer and played more shooters other then COD style.

Originally posted by Wondoh View Post
Why would you want to remove the knife?
As many times as your saying you get killed by it
I sure you use it just as much. I don't see why people frown upon so called panic knifing. You should praise them for having quicker reactions, as that is what it comes down to.

As for it being overpowered would you rather it underpowered like in BF?
You knife someone and they just stand there :dumb:

If you are a real soldier you could easily kill with one knife swipe, most soldiers would know where the main arteries are and can easily kill you.

The knife breaks close combat quite simply
Look at my above post for information why.
On the reaction time thing that BS lol
I reacted way way faster then the guy who knifing me yet i die due to him pressing one button.

Current number of knife kills vs knife deaths , my deaths far out way kills by knife.
In fact it almost my number 3rd most died by weapon on MW3 Smile

Only people who support the current knife system are people who grew up with COD knife system.
BF3 follows the same knife system that was done in shooters way before COD. Where it was only used as a last resort not a primary weapon.

IF it was realistic then alot of things that COD does would have to change.
Like damage , the HUD , how you move etc
So don't try and say the knife is realistic in COD.
01-25-2012, 07:24 PM #50
BuffaloBooker
pwn'n noobs since 1984
I am a bit confused on this whole "panic knife" thing.

Let me get this straight... If you turn the corner the same time as an enemy and the enemy "panics" and presses the melee button and kills you, then that is considered a panic knife?

Also, as far as the whole "I reacted first" argument, doesn't it matter on connection, host, lag ect.... You could technically react first, but since the enemy you tried to knife has a better connection to the host, he could actually react after you did, but since the host sees his reaction before yours, you are dead. (sorry for the run on sentence).

If someone could answer the first part then I would like to further discuss this issue.
01-25-2012, 08:33 PM #51
Originally posted by BuffaloBooker View Post

Let me get this straight... If you turn the corner the same time as an enemy and the enemy "panics" and presses the melee button and kills you, then that is considered a panic knife?

Also, as far as the whole "I reacted first" argument, doesn't it matter on connection, host, lag ect.... You could technically react first, but since the enemy you tried to knife has a better connection to the host, he could actually react after you did, but since the host sees his reaction before yours, you are dead. (sorry for the run on sentence).

If someone could answer the first part then I would like to further discuss this issue.

Yes that is panic knifing and because so many factors decide the knife like what you stated connection, host, lag, and sometimes people get commando lunges they should tweak it somehow. I think two swipes would be good for a kill. If I shoot you first and reacted faster I should be rewarded with the kill, not the guy who says oh shit and hits that button for a bailout.
01-25-2012, 08:37 PM #52
BuffaloBooker
pwn'n noobs since 1984
Originally posted by YungCE024 View Post
Yes that is panic knifing and because so many factors decide the knife like what you stated connection, host, lag, and sometimes people get commando lunges they should tweak it somehow. I think two swipes would be good for a kill. If I shoot you first and reacted faster I should be rewarded with the kill, not the guy who says oh shit and hits that button for a bailout.

I see what you are saying now. I like the idea of having the knife be a 2 hit kill on a person with all their health. Someone with only 50% health could be a 1 hit kill. Also, I think a knife to the back should be a 1 hit kill.
01-25-2012, 08:49 PM #53
I see what you are saying now. I like the idea of having the knife be a 2 hit kill on a person with all their health. Someone with only 50% health could be a 1 hit kill. Also, I think a knife to the back should be a 1 hit kill.

That makes a lot of sense. It's funny how we can come to a forum and have great ideas that would work for this game, but the people who get paid for their ideas have shit ideas and it takes months to roll the game out. Then it's still broken.
01-25-2012, 09:17 PM #54
glitchplz
Samurai Poster

Panic knifing is called panic knifing because people see an enemy and go oh shit and just push down on R3 without thinking. The loss of a thought process is why it is considered a "panic". It does help players out they turn a corner and someone is right in front of them and they get their oh shit sensation and push down. It is looked at critically by most higher level players because many people panic when they see someone who is not in a feasible knifing range and they still push down just because they get their oh dah **** there is an enemy in front of me feeling, even though the enemy is obviously too far to be killed. Take into account lag compensation, game lag in general and lunges and knifing just looks even more ridiculous. Hopefully this clarifies why it is considered panic knifing.
01-25-2012, 10:25 PM #55
BuffaloBooker
pwn'n noobs since 1984
I get it now, but it almost sounds like a camping vs. hiding argument. I dont want to start a flame war, but what else should someone do when the turn a corner and see an enemy they think might be very close to the "knife range".

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo