Thread: PS3: MW3 CFG Mods (on FW <=3.55) with BLUS30838 Patch 1.02

1. Strike Venom Top Down Siad Barre

Join Date Feb 2010

Posts 323

Membership Donator

08-06-2012 05:52 AM #1 PS3: MW3 MP + SP CFG Mods (on FW <=3.55) with BLUS30838/BLES01428 Patch 1.02

Requires: Jailbroken PS3 , BLUS30838/BLES01428 MW3 as Backup (MultiMan, any other Backup Manager, DEX ...)
    Notice: Will not work online as this is update 1.02

1. Delete your MW3 Game Data

2. Install one of these PKG's via the XMB:
    Sorry, links removed due to due to "legal issues"; please apologise this & refer to this thread to create your own mods. kay:

3. [MP] Include a file called MW3mpHacks.cfg in the Disc image of MW3 (/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/) with the following content:
    Code:
        unbindall
        exec thumbstick_default.cfg
        exec buttons_default.cfg
        bind BUTTON_BACK "togglescores"
        bind BUTTON_START "togglemenu"
        exec default_mp_gamesettings.cfg

// let the hacking begin!
        // insert your CFG code here
    3. [MP + SP] Include the file MW3mpHacks.cfg + MW3Hack.cfg in the Disc image of MW3 (/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/).
    - MW3Hack.cfg (renamed from default.cfg ; content is not included; research needed)

4. You will be able to run MW3 via your Backup Manager with CFG Mods on 3.55 and below!
    Last edited by Strike Venom; 08-07-2012 at 11:27 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Strike Venom For This Useful Post:

3. The Following 2 Users Groaned At Strike Venom For This Awful Post:

Cmd-X (08-08-2012), xFLAMeHD_ (08-07-2012)

4. florips3 Gobble

Join Date Aug 2012

Posts 1

Membership Standard

08-15-2012 02:37 AM #81 hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i make cod mw3 works on 3.55 but it work only external.........did anyone tell me how to make it work on internal ps3?????plssssssssssss

5. ZMK-iNFiNiTY DarkNet Arise

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 557

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

08-15-2012 03:09 AM #82

Quote Originally Posted by unholytalon View Post
    Can someone help me ? I can't get mw3 to work on 3.55...
    I just fixed 103 = x8 Regions so no need to look for a specific working FIX patch. They are all there. Look for my thread on here NGU or ps3hax . The others that were fixes were 102 & not all real or worked + some fakes. The one here for me did not even work with DUPLEX & it should have .I know the fix was not proper cause i got Black screen cause the selfs were not encrypted properly i believe. No big deal if you are using the patch here you may want to try mine .I also believe i know exactly what was edited in the self for executing CFG mods . I find it ironic it was not explained well .

I mean i released a CFG for Black ops & at least the CFG worked for everyone . Anyways try to run from external with BD mirror enabled + external checked + make sure you are on multiman 02.02.09 or higher. Install BDEMU2.355.pkg Set your settings in Multiman for the payload AKA-EMU to Hermes ! Then set permissions & try it out .I am running on Rebug 355.2 with those settings & every CFW has its compatibility.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xFLAMeHD_ View Post
    bles can't have it perfect like blus users.
    Do you mean you guys with BLES don't get good fixes ? If so try here & i have fixed 103. I will look in to the self to see if i can execute a CFG to mod & if i figure it out you bet i will release it ,just like Black ops .I am tired on the secret shit .It gets boring around here fast & the PS3 modding scene should not be this was . Everyone should have fun on CFW ! I understand to use online & it can be abused or patches but for CFW wtf - release if you have found something for other to have fun why hold out. Anyways there are many 103 patches there ,i will see if i can do what was done with Black ops CFG ,but execute normally, not like Black ops MP was using a Eboot..

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/...ml#post4630044
    Last edited by ZMK-iNFiNiTY; 08-17-2012 at 04:13 PM.

6. Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 5,500

Membership Banned

08-16-2012 01:54 PM #83

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEKILLAH View Post
    I just fixed 103 = x8 Regions so no need to look for a specific working FIX patch. They are all there. Look for my thread on here NGU or ps3hax . The others that were fixes were 102 & not all real or worked + some fakes. The one here for me did not even work with DUPLEX & it should have .I know the fix was not proper cause i got Black screen cause the selfs were not encrypted properly i believe. No big deal if you are using the patch here you may want to try mine .I also believe i know exactly what was edited in the self for executing CFG mods . I find it ironic it was not explained well .I mean i released a CFG for Black ops & at least the CFG worked for everyone . Anyways try to run from external with BD mirror enabled + external checked + make sure you are on multiman 02.02.09 or higher. Install BDEMU2.355.pkg Set your settings in Multiman for the payload AKA-EMU to Hermes ! Then set permissions & try it out .I am running on Rebug 355.2 with those settings & every CFW has its compatibility.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Do you mean you guys with BLES don't get good fixes ? If so try here & i have fixed 103. I will look in to the self to see if i can execute a CFG to mod & if i figure it out you bet i will release it ,just like Black ops .I am tired on the secret shit .It gets boring around here fast & the PS3 modding scene should not be this was . Everyone should have fun on CFW ! I understand to use online & it can be abused or patches but for CFW wtf - release if you have found something for other to have fun why hold out. Anyways there are many 103 patches there ,i will see if i can do what was done with Black ops CFG ,but execute normally, not like Black ops MP was using a Eboot..

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/...ml#post4630044
    Next time, please make it one or two line, I don't want to read sooo much...

Also your threads have soooooooooooooooo much text! that's annoying... But I like your work. :y:

7. ZMK-iNFiNiTY DarkNet Arise

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 557

Membership Elite

08-16-2012 02:06 PM #84

Next time, please make it one or two line, I don't want to read sooo much...

Also your threads have soooooooooooooooo much text! that's annoying... But I like your work. :y:
    Reading is good for you & if i don't put allot text then, i will have to explain in detail for every question ,then i get 100000 questions <- You like, ONELINE ?

8. Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 5,500

Membership Banned

08-16-2012 02:23 PM #85

Reading is good for you & if i don't put allot text then, i will have to explain in detail for every question ,then i get 100000 questions <- You like, ONELINE ?
    Lol, but when you release some modded mw3 files, can you please do this:

This mw3 mod has:

Spoofed ps3 ofw.
    Super Speed.
    Biggest tits.
    blablabla

So I don't have to read one and a half book to actually find out what it has...

IMO I don't want to read much to find out what it actually does.

9. ZMK-iNFiNiTY DarkNet Arise

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 557

Membership Elite

08-16-2012 03:13 PM #86

Lol, but when you release some modded mw3 files, can you please do this:

This mw3 mod has:

Spoofed ps3 ofw.
    Super Speed.
    Biggest tits.
    blablabla

So I don't have to read one and a half book to actually find out what it has...

IMO I don't want to read much to find out what it actually does.
    If i figure it out yes my friend . Hopefully i get some time to do it . I know nobody else will release free , so i hope to find the exploit on the eboot for CFGs like Black ops

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZMK-iNFiNiTY For This Useful Post:

11. Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 5,500

Membership Banned

08-16-2012 03:15 PM #87

If i figure it out yes my friend . Hopefully i get some time to do it . I know nobody else will release free , so i hope to find the exploit on the eboot for CFGs like Black ops
    You do know you have time, but you just don't wanna do it... But you know I love your work. :love:

12. Expositional Sub To Me&lt;3

Join Date Jul 2012

Posts 306

Membership Elite

09-14-2012 04:55 PM #88

Im not a modder so what does this do let people begin making mods?

13. SavageRising Big Daddy

Join Date Aug 2009

Posts 946

Membership Donator

09-15-2012 10:19 PM #89

I can assure you, you can run a patch with a backed up copy. Its just that when you backup a copy of say MW3 the patch location gets moved and booted from a different directory in your PS3 when its launched as opposed from the normal game folder when your running it by disc.

14. KCxFTW Who’s Jim Erased?

Join Date Jun 2011

Posts 737

Membership Standard

09-15-2012 10:22 PM #90

Whenever I back up a game, it wont start up