THREAD: WWII Online Emblem Viewer
  1. 12-22-2017, 09:08 PM
    Tustin
    Former Site Developer
    Tustin
    Former Site Developer
    NextGenUpdate
    Sponsored Links

I made this little site after taking a look at the emblem editor for Call of Duty WWII. I noticed that the API has no authentication on other user's emblem data, so I made this site so you can search for a user on either PSN or XBL and see their emblems. The emblem renderer was taken directly from the editor itself so there shouldn't be any errors with showing any emblems. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Steam to work, but I imagine that's because they only just got an emblem editor on PC; it might not have been included on the website yet.

The website is entirely client-side based and is open source. There's some janky stuff I had to do (mainly due to CORS) so it could be done completely in JS. However if you see something dumb in the code that can be improved, feel free to submit a PR.

Code: GitHub - Tustin/WWIIEmblemViewer: View Call of Duty WWII emblems

WWII Emblem Viewer

Side note: In case you're curious, I did get emblem copying/stealing to work, but I didn't include it in the website. It was brought to my attention that something like this could harm emblem tutorial makers on YouTube and I didn't want to be responsible for that. If in the future Sledgehammer adds the ability to share emblems on the game then maybe I'll add it to the site.
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tustin For This Useful Post:

, , , , , ,

4. 12-22-2017, 09:17 PM
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    I made this little site after taking a look at the emblem editor for Call of Duty WWII. I noticed that the API has no authentication on other user's emblem data, so I made this site so you can search for a user on either PSN or XBL and see their emblems. The emblem renderer was taken directly from the editor itself so there shouldn't be any errors with showing any emblems. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Steam to work, but I imagine that's because they only just got an emblem editor on PC; it might not have been included on the website yet.

The website is entirely client-side based and is open source. There's some janky stuff I had to do (mainly due to CORS) so it could be done completely in JS. However if you see something dumb in the code that can be improved, feel free to submit a PR.

Code: GitHub - Tustin/WWIIEmblemViewer: View Call of Duty WWII emblems

WWII Emblem Viewer

Side note: In case you're curious, I did get emblem copying/stealing to work, but I didn't include it in the website. It was brought to my attention that something like this could harm emblem tutorial makers on YouTube and I didn't want to be responsible for that. If in the future Sledgehammer adds the ability to share emblems on the game then maybe I'll add it to the site.
    Good shit, Tustin.
  5. 12-23-2017, 03:40 AM
    Kronos
    Former Staff
    Kronos
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate

Code: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nice Tustin. good to see you still making cool shit.
  6. 12-23-2017, 12:29 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    Without copying emblem its useless, because i dont have skills to make the good ones. Thanks anyway
  7. 12-23-2017, 04:46 PM
    Predator
    Banned
    Predator
    Banned
    NextGenUpdate
    Sweet man!
  8. 12-26-2017, 01:08 AM
    RTE
    Keep it real!
    RTE
    Keep it real!
    NextGenUpdate
    still work? keeps loading for me
  9. 12-27-2017, 04:17 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    don’t work ?
  10. 12-28-2017, 06:49 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    Does not work. Ass
  11. 12-31-2017, 06:25 PM
    Tustin
    Former Site Developer
    Tustin
    Former Site Developer
    NextGenUpdate
    i fixed the problem. it should work now
  12. 12-31-2017, 06:59 PM
    Father Luckeyy
    GAMERCHOICE™
    Father Luckeyy
    GAMERCHOICE™
    NextGenUpdate

Code: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nice work on this project big homie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last